Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2018 World Cup

YHWhitby

All football will benefit. COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!

World Cup > Olympics all day long!

Football is England, no better place on earth to have the world cup.

All football will benefit. COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!

World Cup > Olympics all day long!

Football is England, no better place on earth to have the world cup.

I would think the shenanigans in Birmingham could have done some irreparable damage in a tightly fought ballot, and provided useful ammunition for our competitors.

While in many ways I hope we get the World Cup nomination, I cant help worrying that it would give the people at the top a great excuse to throw even more money at the premiership clubs, meaning even less help for more deserving grass roots football and the non league game in general.

Edited by missunderstood

Won't win the world cup in my lifetime and possibly not host it either.........................................

Personally think that with South Africa 2010, Brazil 2014, Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022 all first time hosts FIFA are now expanding football to a world wide audience and in places that have never hosted before. I honestly dont think England will ever win world cup in my life time unless we have a change in our youth policy and cap foreign players in our top divisions. As for hosting it possibly but FIFA vote behind closed doors and its a very mirky voting system.

Edited by Tucks1

Money rules the World of Football,and we live in a dream World thinking we ever had a chance of staging the World Cup.All the time the shirts at all levels,milk those further down the chain,nothing will change.The only thing they are bothered about is Money,PLENTY OF GREASY PALMS,rules who gets what. China next before we even get GOAL LINE technology.Blatter rules the roost.

I agree we will not win it but I think there is a chance to host it. Providing we get someone to knick all the natural materials we have and makes a huge stack of money from it before using it to procure a foreign team and then buy the rights.

:)