Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hertford Town

I have just been having a browse through the recent form of some of my local sides and Hertford Town's statistics stuck out like a sore thumb.

P10 W0 D1 L9 in all competitions since October. That is pretty poor going, unfortunately I'm not in the loop so much these days after a year abroad but what has brought about this sudden change of form?

I have just been having a browse through the recent form of some of my local sides and Hertford Town's statistics stuck out like a sore thumb.

P10 W0 D1 L9 in all competitions since October. That is pretty poor going, unfortunately I'm not in the loop so much these days after a year abroad but what has brought about this sudden change of form?

I think they have lost a few players over there!

SSML Guru - It will be interesting to get Horace and HTFCew's view on that. As you say it is a shocking sequence of results which include home defeats to the likes of Hadley and Hanwell Town who they would normally be fully expected to beat.

Hertford have lost a couple of key players in recent weeks i think, including their top scorer, but I think they will come good after Christmas. Scott is a good manager and Hertford are lucky to have him.

I think had the Club stuck with Pablo Ardiles as Manager they wouldn't have gone far wrong with his profile and contacts, I gather Ossie is looking for a job in Management at the moment so he could well have been in the dug out at Hertingfordbury Park this season working hand in hand with his son which would have more than quadrupled attendances.

NeutralFan - Did we ever find out the real reason why he didn't want to be Manager of the Club

Not only is Pablo still at the club but he is assistant to Scott. Scott has got contacts galore in the area and is well known in local football circles. Hertford have lost players but have also signed quite a few with the keeper Lee Robinson returning from Royston as well as Lee Roberts and Rob Tungatt from Broxbourne.

I watched the Hanwell game and cant quite beleive they lost, but when your lucks down your lucks down and the fact that the worst referee I have seen in the ssml was in charge didnt help.

Im sure with the addition of these players to a already strong squad winning ways will return to the club.

Not only is Pablo still at the club but he is assistant to Scott. Scott has got contacts galore in the area and is well known in local football circles. Hertford have lost players but have also signed quite a few with the keeper Lee Robinson returning from Royston as well as Lee Roberts and Rob Tungatt from Broxbourne.

I watched the Hanwell game and cant quite beleive they lost, but when your lucks down your lucks down and the fact that the worst referee I have seen in the ssml was in charge didnt help.

Im sure with the addition of these players to a already strong squad winning ways will return to the club.

I also watched the Hanwell game and totally agree with what you say, both about the fact that they shouldn't have lost, and that the ref was awful. Each side got a nailed on penalty, but only after the lino had insisted that the ref award them! I noticed an assessor there - don't know what he made of the ref's performance.

I also watched the Hanwell game and totally agree with what you say, both about the fact that they shouldn't have lost, and that the ref was awful. Each side got a nailed on penalty, but only after the lino had insisted that the ref award them! I noticed an assessor there - don't know what he made of the ref's performance.

I disagree with worst ref scenario.....he done the Caddington v Padbury game last week, think he was a local out walking his dog and got roped in last minute, hope his Missus grounds him for some time so no one else has to suffer.

Not only is Pablo still at the club but he is assistant to Scott.

Yes but why did Pablo step down as Manager in his own right after such a short time, didn't he fancy it

Yes but why did Pablo step down as Manager in his own right after such a short time, didn't he fancy it

Doubtless Bob will correct me if I'm wrong but I think he was manager for around 12 months. At the start of his second season there were quite high (relatively high?) expectations and HTFC had a poor start. He has a young family (I think) so probably didn't want to be under pressure hence he took a step back so that be could enjoy his football ..

rgds PerthDave

Doubtless Bob will correct me if I'm wrong but I think he was manager for around 12 months. At the start of his second season there were quite high (relatively high?) expectations and HTFC had a poor start. He has a young family (I think) so probably didn't want to be under pressure hence he took a step back so that be could enjoy his football ..

rgds PerthDave

That is correct. His 1st child was born during pre-season and he couldnt commit the time as a manager. With regards to expectation, the Chairman did say that he hoped HTFC would win the Vase that season, little bit of pressure I suppose.

rgds PerthDave

That is correct. His 1st child was born during pre-season and he couldnt commit the time as a manager. With regards to expectation, the Chairman did say that he hoped HTFC would win the Vase that season, little bit of pressure I suppose.

I wonder what expectations the said Chairman had of his new club when he took over there?

the cheek of the man..............cant believe he didnt take the time to phone you with his reasons, Rhodes

coffee%20(2).gif

His 1st child was born during pre-season and he couldnt commit the time as a manager.

Chinola - I find that a bit of a lightweight excuse really, I gather Pablo lives in Hertford, a stones throw from the ground, and there would be people falling over themselves to babysit for someone like that in a hope of rubbing shoulders with his dad.

His 1st child was born during pre-season and he couldnt commit the time as a manager.

Chinola - I find that a bit of a lightweight excuse really, I gather Pablo lives in Hertford, a stones throw from the ground, and there would be people falling over themselves to babysit for someone like that in a hope of rubbing shoulders with his dad.

There you go again, offering your services, but only because you want to put Ossie's career back on track like you did for George Michael and Gary Glitter.

Wish I lived a stones throw from you......just one shot, that's all I would need

You really do take the biscuit! Who are you to pontificate about why someone would give up an unpaid "job". Being a non-league foootball manager and a father to a young family do not mix, and dozens, if not hundreds, of ex players have discovered that when they moved into managment. Out every night watching games or taking training, losing your whole Friday night to the telephone, out all day Saturday. Hardly a recipe for domestic harmony or the proper parenting of your kids. Pablo is a really nice guy, and does not live off his dad's reputation, so hangers-on like you would be would be wasting their time. I realise that responding to you is only adding fuel to your attack (like adding accelerant to a fire!) but I had to say the above.

Why not, instead of going on about Pablo, respond to my question on another thread about the immigration status of your hero ex manager Mr Temile? And while you're at it, can you explain how a Colombian who is far too old to be a student is here long term in the UK, managing non-league football clubs?

You really do take the biscuit! Who are you to pontificate about why someone would give up an unpaid "job". Being a non-league foootball manager and a father to a young family do not mix, and dozens, if not hundreds, of ex players have discovered that when they moved into managment. Out every night watching games or taking training, losing your whole Friday night to the telephone, out all day Saturday. Hardly a recipe for domestic harmony or the proper parenting of your kids. Pablo is a really nice guy, and does not live off his dad's reputation, so hangers-on like you would be would be wasting their time. I realise that responding to you is only adding fuel to your attack (like adding accelerant to a fire!) but I had to say the above.

Why not, instead of going on about Pablo, respond to my question on another thread about the immigration status of your hero ex manager Mr Temile? And while you're at it, can you explain how a Colombian who is far too old to be a student is here long term in the UK, managing non-league football clubs?

Oh dear Horace, you asked a question that may get answered, trouble is it wont be the truth but just another load of dribble, dribble that is fast covering the country (it's not snow really, it's from the kn0bs mouth this white stuff).

Rhodes I dont really need to answer this because Horace has already done it, but you gather wrongly about where Pabs lives, he lives about 10-15 mins away in a car dependant on traffic, one hell of a stones throw!

Secondly, are you really serious about the babysit comment?

Perhaps he would like to see his baby grow up and not get involved with all of the stuff that Horace mentions in his unpaid job, bearing in mind he also works 5 days a week.

You are a plonker Rodney!