Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Addition

Steve Tucker, the former New Bradwell St Peter manager has joined Padbury United as Assistant Manager with immediate effect.

In his time at New Bradwell, Tucks never finished out of the top six in Division One and also guided them to success last season in the Berks & Bucks Intermediate County Cup, so his experience will be of great value to Craig Bicknell and the team.

The club's stay at Ford Meadow will continue for the foreseeable future which was confirmed in a meeting last week.

Ref Off Ref - Wouldn't it have made more sense if Steve had come in as Manager with Craig Bicknell acting as his right hand, your description of him said it all and he is far more experienced.

Ref Off Ref - Wouldn't it have made more sense if Steve had come in as Manager with Craig Bicknell acting as his right hand, your description of him said it all and he is far more experienced.

It was Craig that asked me to add the original post as he is working away and unable to gain access to a pc.

These discussions between Craig and Steve have been going on for some time now and Craig felt that to take the team forward he needed someone who was not only experienced, but who both knew and could work with the players too, someone also that the players would respect, and Steve fits the bill perfectly.

I did recieve a text from Steve and this was his version of how he sees the appointment....

I'm happy to be working alongside Craig and respect his position as Manager, something he has worked very hards for and is quite obviously making a good job of.

There is only one Manager and that will always be Craig.

My job is not to manage but work with the coach and players to try to recognise areas we can improve on.

I've managed some of the players before and tried to sign most of the others when I was at Bradwell, so I am lucky to be working with a squad that will without doubt continue to develop and hopefully in time will be challenging for higher honours than they are now.

The structure that Craig is building behind the scenes is excellent, with Ford Meadow now sorted for some time to come, an Assistant Manager now in place, to join the Coach, Physio and Goalkeeper Coach the foundations have been well and truly cemented.

Craig is also aware of the pressure that success can bring so the addition of Steve Tucker will be invaluable to have alongside him both in the dressing room and in the dugout.

Edited by ref off ref

It was Craig that asked me to add the original post as he is working away and unable to gain access to a pc.

These discussions between Craig and Steve have been going on for some time now and Craig felt that to take the team forward he needed someone who was not only experienced, but who both knew and could work with the players too, someone also that the players would respect, and Steve fits the bill perfectly.

I did recieve a text from Steve and this was his version of how he sees the appointment....

I'm happy to be working alongside Craig and respect his position as Manager, something he has worked very hards for and is quite obviously making a good job of.

There is only one Manager and that will always be Craig.

My job is not to manage but work with the coach and players to try to recognise areas we can improve on.

I've managed some of the players before and tried to sign most of the others when I was at Bradwell, so I am lucky to be working with a squad that will without doubt continue to develop and hopefully in time will be challenging for higher honours than they are now.

The structure that Craig is building behind the scenes is excellent, with Ford Meadow now sorted for some time to come, an Assistant Manager now in place, to join the Coach, Physio and Goalkeeper Coach the foundations have been well and truly cemented.

Craig is also aware of the pressure that success can bring so the addition of Steve Tucker will be invaluable to have alongside him both in the dressing room and in the dugout.

Rhodes wont be able to comprehend any of that. coffee%20(2).gif

In time he will, he wasn't brought in just for one game.

And when he does make the impact, will you be big enough to post on here and congratulate him or will you be another one post wonder?

And I'm sure those reasons are a very talented squad. A very good manager and a promising future. Good luck

thanks mate all i have been doing this season is building foundations for our club . staff . sponsors . and more also been pulling in new players for this season and next . me and steve have been talking for a while going back to pre season this was ment to happen next season as i wont be able to do it with just me and ken and i belive steve is one of the best about to help us take our club forward . and it makes sense for him to join now so when next season comes and fingers crosed we get promtion , we will be ready to take on div 1. we have so much in place already for next season we cant wait . but we still have a massive job to do this season and between me steve and ken we have to make this happen . we have only picked up 1 point in last to games so we have got to work harder to make sure no more silly points get dropped .

Padbury seem to be one of the most talked about teams on this forum. No doubt to the disappointment of clubs in the prem and first div. but I guess it's down to the affiliations of the contributors. However it is interesting to watch teams gain promotion then see how they fair in the division above. Historically (the last few years at least) clubs such as kings langley, hadley, berko and to a degree wodson park have proved more than a match for div 1. I think Padbury will follow this trend and compete at the top of the table next season also. With the addition of a couple of experienced players they might well win it as KL and Berko did and will respectively.

Padbury seem to be one of the most talked about teams on this forum

Spartacus7868 - I think that's only because of Ref Off Ref though isn't it and, as you indicate, because the Premier Division and Division 1 is of a disappointing standard this season compared to previous campaigns

Spartacus7868 - I think that's only because of Ref Off Ref though isn't it and, as you indicate, because the Premier Division and Division 1 is of a disappointing standard this season compared to previous campaigns

I think it's because you've got no club yourself and clutch at straws in the hope we will fall flat on our faces....we may well do that, then again we may not....time will decide.

Top of the League and in 2 cup semi-finals, how many teams would love to be in that position though we all know as of yet we haven't won anything.

Promotion always was, and still is number 1 priority,, but there are a lot of teams breathing down our necks so we are taking nothing for granted.

Just had my first look at Div 2 this season. I quite fancy Winslows chances, pretty good run they're on!

I think Padbury will follow this trend and compete at the top of the table next season also. With the addition of a couple of experienced players they might well win it as KL and Berko did and will respectively.

Spartacus7868 - I think Padbury will only stand a good chance of doing that if they appoint Steve Tucker as Manager, he knows exactly what it takes to compete for promotion in Division 1 and can attract quality players to Ford Meadow, that's if the Club do play there next season which I have a gut feeling is not cut and dried as yet

Do they have lights?

They do. They are only in Div 2 because they resigned from the League and took a season out.

Sorry to be pedantic Rhodes, but this is a perfect illustration of why you get coated so much. You say that Spartacus7868 indicated that Premier Division and Division 1 are of a disappointing standard this year. He never said that. You just introduced that claim. Out of such misquotes emerge the threads so typical of this forum!