Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Addition

Rhodes is obviously just trying to drive a wedge with regards who and who shouldn't be Padbury's manager.

Ref Off Ref - No, not at all, just the opposite infact, however with Managerial and Coaching partnerships isn't it the most experienced, or higher profile, individual who is always the main man as it were such as Harry Redknapp/Joe Jordan, Arsene Wenger/Pat Rice, Alex Fergusson/Mike Phelan and Roberto Mancini/Brian Kidd, Craig Bicknell seems more like a Pat Rice or a Mike Phelan figure to me.

Rhodes what are you talking about....have you ever seen padbury play?.....have you ever met CB? I just dont know how you seem to know so much without leaving your house!!???

Edited by monkeymonkey8

Ok then explain the Bertie Mee/Don Howe partnership. Didn't the Assistant Don Howe have a higher profile ? Or Joe Mercer & Malcolm Allison at Man City ?

Ok then explain the Bertie Mee/Don Howe partnership. Didn't the Assistant Don Howe have a higher profile ? Or Joe Mercer & Malcolm Allison at Man City ?

Steve - I wouldn't necessarily say that, Don Howe was a bit bull in a china shop back then and Arsenal would never have done the double had he been Manager at Highbury in 1970/71.

You've contradicted yourself there Cliff & helped me prove my point. Don Howe was the higher profile of him & Bertie Mee though & they would never have won the league had he not been Assistant Manager.

Thanks for the back-up ! ; - )

I think Padbury will follow this trend and compete at the top of the table next season also. With the addition of a couple of experienced players they might well win it as KL and Berko did and will respectively.

Spartacus7868 - I think Padbury will only stand a good chance of doing that if they appoint Steve Tucker as Manager, he knows exactly what it takes to compete for promotion in Division 1 and can attract quality players to Ford Meadow, that's if the Club do play there next season which I have a gut feeling is not cut and dried as yet

I understand that Buckingham Town will be running a reserve team next year, where does this leave Padbury as surely they'll be too many teams for the pitch to handle.

As Rhodes said, maybe not as cut and dry as we all think.

Steve - Where have I contradicted myself, Don Howe wasn't that high profile in my book, he was quite a brash outspoken Brummie back then if I recall who's Black Country twang would have no doubt got on players such as Charlie George and Peter Storey's nerves. The likes of Bertie Mee, Bill Nicholson, Harry Catterick, Bill McGarry, Ted Bates and Dave Sexton were bread and butter Managers who went about their business in a quiet old school fashion and got 110% out of players, Steve Tucker is a bit like that.

where does this leave Padbury

We probably won't get a straight answer to this one until after 31 March when Club's need to declare their ground for next season ahead of the League AGM in June

So Padbury have got a very competent management and coaching team in place, on the pitch they've got themselves into strong contention for a promotion place. But all you can do is spread rumours of how their future could be in doubt? That is Rhodes usual modus operandi and you are jumping on the band wagon. I think the club know what they are doing and you probably don't, just like Rhodes.

Loosely - What are you talking about, Tuck on Tuesday has raised a valid point about Buckingham Town's Reserves, where have I said that Padbury United's future could be in doubt

So Padbury have got a very competent management and coaching team in place, on the pitch they've got themselves into strong contention for a promotion place. But all you can do is spread rumours of how their future could be in doubt? That is Rhodes usual modus operandi and you are jumping on the band wagon. I think the club know what they are doing and you probably don't, just like Rhodes.

I can assure you I’m not jumping on the Rhodes bandwagon.

I have nothing but admiration for Padbury, they have a strong management team and a squad of players that most Division 1 teams should be envious of.

My post was a legitimate comment not aimed to antagonise anyone.

However I do believe that my post raises genuine issues about where Padbury will be plying their trade next season as I do know for a fact that Buckingham Town will be running a reserve side.

We all know Ford Meadow does not have the greatest pitch and that if anyone spits on it, it floods, will Padbury be one team too many on that pitch especially as they will have more fixtures to play in Div 1–

B Town 1st team

B Town Reserves

B Town under 18’s

B Town under 17’s (currently under 16’s)

Buckingham Charity Cups.

The pitch is also used for other various midweek cups and finals at the end of the season.

I would be surprised if the Padbury hierarchy were not concerned about this, and if they are still be playing at Ford Meadow next year they must be concerned about the state of the pitch considering the amount of money they have to pay to play on it.

I think that's a fair answer ToT, pleased that you aren't supporting Rhodes mischief and you do seem to know quite a lot about Buckingham's business.

Are Buckingham definitely playing all those teams on the pitch and if it's as bad as you say what difference does one more team make to that list?

When we ground-shared with Biggs Town they had a very much similar number playing there and also the pitch was liable to waterlogging, and yet the work they put into it ensured disruption was minimal.

I'm sure that both club's are communicating well and in a professional manner. They certainly can't be relying on Rhodes thoughts on the matter.

Buckingham Town reserves are playing at Springfields, Padbury.

It's already been agreed between the two clubs, also the income Padbury offer is too great for Buckingham to turn away....so Rhodes, carrying on clutching at straws.....Kn0b

Buckingham Town reserves are playing at Springfields, Padbury.

Ref Off Ref - Thanks, if this had been pointed out at the outset it would have avoided confusion. How much is the groundshare at Ford Meadow out of interest, I suppose you had no choice but to make Buckingham Town an offer they couldn't refuse