Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sewer Rats v Canvey Island

Football related but not based on knowledge as I said previously, before being so negative about our club and making comment that only serves to upset players and coaching staff why not ask Batchy why he made the decisions then make your comments based on knowledge.

The team selection was forced on him for reasons that have not been reported but will be shared by coaches if you asked..

Dobbo missing was a big loss, Jason could not play, he was only fit enough for the bench. Leon is not supposed to play until after an operation, there was many other influences that determined John and Glens thinking. The reason I know this is because I asked, all I suggest is before you write things that are hurtfull is you do the same so at least you have a balanced view!

We were by far the better side second half, but got undone by an offside goal, so with tactics we done Ok.

Alex Rhodes is a top class centre forward,if you really knew our squad you would know he was the best option to play alongside Heal.

The Yellow Army were fantastic and although we lost we were not beaten by football but by a dodgy decision, by a linesman.

If these facts aren't communicated then how are people supposed to know? "Go and ask" isn't a valid response in my opinion, the club should be putting information out there rather than acting like some private members club. I accept that it's not in our best interests to give out too much information before a match, but you can't then criticise people for making assumptions.

I'm quite happy to do an injuries update on the website if that's what the club wants...

Edited by The Great Eckscape

If these facts aren't communicated then how are people supposed to know? "Go and ask" isn't a valid response in my opinion, the club should be putting information out there rather than acting like some private members club. I accept that it's not in our best interests to give out too much information before a match, but you can't then criticise people for making assumptions.

I'm quite happy to do an injuries update on the website if that's what the club wants...

Feck me ! your all entitled to your own opinion whether its right or wrong !

I totally agree, it's the statement that people don't have 'football knowledge' when they base their views on 'facts' that aren't being communicated that winds me up.

1pm Kick off, and its your round (and you are round!!!) tight @rse!!!!

ill buy the whole bar one ! (when we do the double):brille008:

That's legally binding!

I totally agree, it's the statement that people don't have 'football knowledge' when they base their views on 'facts' that aren't being communicated that winds me up.

That's legally binding!

im pretty sure you lot wont want me buying you a drink !

That's legally binding!

im pretty sure you lot wont want me buying you a drink !

Nope, but you having to shell out for everyone to have a drink would certainly take the edge off if we did lose!!

:yay:

It may be an idea, not sure, if you could put anymore in the programme though it is by far the most comprehensive and best put together it is as good as some Championship level programmes.

My point is Glen, that players and coaches read these forums and are often offended by some of the things written, if based on knowledge and tactical awareness, they can take it on the chin, however if it is unfairly critical because of lack of the authors knowledge, then it should be challenged.

Matt has a great writing style that is readable and often astute, however on occassion he can be cutting and unaware of the effect some of his comments can have.

As for the members club you know, always coaches and players are available after games and on a thursday I would not recommend approaching Batchy within two hours of a defeat, but you know the players, Glen, Westy, Joe et al will always talk to people anytime.

I really believe if that chat happened the posts would be different, I often see supporters approach Joe or one of the players and ask questions sometimes their answer has to be confidential, we dont want to tip off opposition but they almost always answer.

We are in a fairly unique position in that we as a club have no interest in trying to "moderate" our own forum and believe it is for fans, so unlike other clubs we have not asked for moderators rights etc and do not want to control what our fans say, others who read this are not the same and the posts reflect that.

Football related but not based on knowledge as I said previously, before being so negative about our club and making comment that only serves to upset players and coaching staff why not ask Batchy why he made the decisions then make your comments based on knowledge.

The team selection was forced on him for reasons that have not been reported but will be shared by coaches if you asked..

Dobbo missing was a big loss, Jason could not play, he was only fit enough for the bench. Leon is not supposed to play until after an operation, there was many other influences that determined John and Glens thinking. The reason I know this is because I asked, all I suggest is before you write things that are hurtfull is you do the same so at least you have a balanced view!

We were by far the better side second half, but got undone by an offside goal, so with tactics we done Ok.

Alex Rhodes is a top class centre forward,if you really knew our squad you would know he was the best option to play alongside Heal.

The Yellow Army were fantastic and although we lost we were not beaten by football but by a dodgy decision, by a linesman.

Well done, you've made some very valid football points!

I agree that Dobbo missing was a huge loss and utimately seems to be the reason why the players were shifted around - King moved into centre, Curran out wide, Alex up front and Dumas brought forward.

Personally though I don't agree that Alex was the best option to have up front. Whilst he may be a capable centre-forward, he is probably this league's best left winger and as I said previously surely for a derby game you'd want you players in their best positions? I accept the fact that Leon and Jason were only fit for the bench, but what about Ellis? Even if he was only allowed 45 and when Leon came on Curran was pushed forward, it would've still left Alex free to rule the left side.

Also, even if Jason was only fit for the bench, I'm sure we could've got more out of him than just the three or four minutes of stoppage time, likewise with Alaile.

But that's my opinion and there are plenty who will agree/disagree whether it's based on fact or assumptions.

In response to MOB:

I agree to a certain extent, although as previously said, how can somebody comment on something if the facts are not readily available. You could respond by saying "if you don't know the facts don't comment at all", but if we all lived and used the forum like that then we'd say bugger all to each other.

I'd like to think if I was in the manager/coaches shoes I'd have a thicker skin than to worry about peoples points of view that I know to be based on incorrect facts. Not saying that would be the case if I actually were in that position, who knows. But if a right of response is required, there are plenty of ways to do this. Also, putting more information out there to start with would mean that everyone is generally better informed with the situation and can comment accordingly.

After all, some managers would say that if you're fit enough to make the bench you're fit enough to start, so seeing the likes of Jason and Leon on there would have assumed they were ready to go...wrongly in this case, but I'm sure you see my point.

Edited by The Great Eckscape