Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Some things noted at tonights meeting

Frankie100

That's why we need to strike a deal with the council that will allow them to save face.

Why?

If you have everything legal on your side, grind the bastards into the dust..........

I give thousands to these leeches for various planning applications and if they can put an obstacle in your way, they will.

From my dealings with council/planning officers the majority are a bunch of manic egotists and if they have it in for you no amount of sweet talking changes their view...(not legally, anyway)

Read that blog again and tell me his answers are not anti Margate FC

LOL Cookie.

I think probably THE most frustrating thing here is that the club / developer / their consultants have tried to work closely with the council. I can only imagine the incredularity when having been told; if you can do something to reduce the size / impact of the hotel we've given you approval for that would be ideal, the goal posts are moved and a new FULL planning application is required. I wonder what that sort of decision will do to the reputation of Thanet as a place to do business with the Council?

I'll go with that CE but I thought we had already done that. i.e Losing a couple of floors on the Hotel

Is Mr Moore a voted member of the cabinet or did he like some others inherit his position????

I think it's voted on to Council, appointed to Cabnet. That's how it works in real politics ;)

LOL Cookie.

I think probably THE most frustrating thing here is that the club / developer / their consultants have tried to work closely with the council. I can only imagine the incredularity when having been told; if you can do something to reduce the size / impact of the hotel we've given you approval for that would be ideal, the goal posts are moved and a new FULL planning application is required. I wonder what that sort of decision will do to the reputation of Thanet as a place to do business with the Council?

Sadly, TDC has not got a monoply on acting like this............

That's why we need to strike a deal with the council that will allow them to save face.

Why?

If you have everything legal on your side, grind the bastards into the dust..........

I give thousands to these leeches for various planning applications and if they can put an obstacle in your way, they will.

From my dealings with council/planning officers the majority are a bunch of manic egotists and if they have it in for you no amount of sweet talking changes their view...(not legally, anyway)

Like it or not we have to work with these people now and in the future. Having good relations with a council can make a huge difference (Dartford, for example).

Why?

Like it or not we have to work with these people now and in the future. Having good relations with a council can make a huge difference (Dartford, for example).

When its your money you are throwing away lets see if you would be such a soothsayer.

Edited by BUFC

Why?

Trouble is TDC (Thanet District Council) stated years ago to MFC that they were not in a financial position to subsidise a stadium the likes of Dartford etc but would organise and arrange for leases and planning for a new stadium if MFC produced a commercial partner...... see where Im going with this. Unfortunately as KP stated last night there are by-elections looming and NO politician will take a stance on an issue unless they feel it will GAIN them votes, so pretty much all of them will sit on the fence until after MAY.... IMHO the only hope of this project going forward is if MFC can convince Travellodge to stick with the original plans as they have FULL planning permission already. :(

Mr Moores reply this morning : Thats he in the right top corner Mr Urchin

http://birchington.blogspot.com/

"Interesting"

One person after the meeting told me that I gave the impression of being against the club and that is not the case. I will be sitting down again with Mr Piper and council planning officers on March 3rd to discuss their application once again but I would say that every planning application the council receives is treated equally and with no exceptions. My role is to ensure that the correct process is followed. Drawing from a football analogy, I can't suspend the offside rule simply because one side wants me to! In this particular example we have polarised opinions from the club on the one hand and the friends of the park on the other

The Turner Contemporay being an exception. RED CARD!!

Incidentally Mr Moores you can only be offside if you are in an offside position. WE have kept our line well in this instance!

Edited by Cookie

Why?

Trouble is TDC (Thanet District Council) stated years ago to MFC that they were not in a financial position to subsidise a stadium the likes of Dartford etc but would organise and arrange for leases and planning for a new stadium if MFC produced a commercial partner...... see where Im going with this. Unfortunately as KP stated last night there are by-elections looming and NO politician will take a stance on an issue unless they feel it will GAIN them votes, so pretty much all of them will sit on the fence until after MAY.... IMHO the only hope of this project going forward is if MFC can convince Travellodge to stick with the original plans as they have FULL planning permission already. :(

The petitions prove we have popular support for the development. That should concentrate a few minds.

That's why we need to strike a deal with the council that will allow them to save face. Then we can all move on.

Just to add to my previous coments on this.It should be noted that to improve our chances of success on this project & to lessen any impact on the community & its surroundings the club have, since original plans were forwarded decreased many things.

1) The original approved footprint covered 5055 sq.m whilst the amended one covers 4020 sq.m-a reduction of 1035 sq.m or 20%

2)The Core building area has reduced from 2922 sq.m to 1500 sq.m - a reduction of 1422 sq.m or over 48%.

Seems to me that the club has bent over backwards to please the council & the residents in the area.

What else can they do for goodness sake. Oh yes,maybe pay them ANOTHER £100,000 for yet ANOTHER fresh application.Sorry not this time.!!

Please Amend as you should & as has been requested. For goodness sake, how much added time are we expected to play!

Edited by Cookie

Love the way Moore gives people the option to say what they think of the blog items be it "funny" "interesting" or "cool".

Why not add another one................................."utter boll0cks"

It is my democratic right to post on open forum my views and air my opinions for all to see and all I can say is ..... I agree with Frankie cos he told me to say that :)

Mr Moores reply this morning : Thats he in the right top corner Mr Urchin

http://birchington.blogspot.com/

"Interesting"

One person after the meeting told me that I gave the impression of being against the club and that is not the case. I will be sitting down again with Mr Piper and council planning officers on March 3rd to discuss their application once again but I would say that every planning application the council receives is treated equally and with no exceptions. My role is to ensure that the correct process is followed. Drawing from a football analogy, I can't suspend the offside rule simply because one side wants me to! In this particular example we have polarised opinions from the club on the one hand and the friends of the park on the other

The Turner Contemporay being an exception. RED CARD!!

Incidentally Mr Moores you can only be offside if you are in an offside position. WE have kept our line well in this instance!

Have you noticed he doesnt leave room for reply just simply this FUNNY INTELLIGENT COOL ............. what about ill informed.