Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Some things noted at tonights meeting

Frankie100

Taken from the "official site"

Submission of non-material amendment following grant of planning permission

It has been noted that a condition providing for the amendment of drawings submitted with the club’s original planning application for a hotel has been subsequently omitted by Thanet District Council. Hartsdown Properties Ltd has therefore submitted an amendment to have the condition reinstated to regularise the existing planning consent. This would provide scope for local authority approval of the smaller hotel as an amendment rather than with a full planning application.

Anything more come out about this "lost condition" to allow an amendment.

When was it "lost" so to speak.

Was it recently or a long time ago?.

How how is important this "lost condition" is to our claims for an amendment?.

Without the "lost condition" how do we stand?.

Was it legal to have that "lost condition" taken out?

Who took it out in the first place?

Was it there originally?

What are the chances of having it re-instated?

If re-instated can we then continue with this as an "amendment?".

Without it can we STILL hope for an "amendment?"

JUST HOW IMPORTANT IS THIS "LOST CONDITION?"

I believe it was brought up last night & it speaks for itself I suppose but can someone from the club give some answers or expand on this please. Maybe others too (some that couldn't attend) would like to know the answers to the questions that I am putting forward on here.

Edited by Cookie

This is a condition that allows for the drawings to be varied. It was referred to by the Council but omitted in the documentation sent to the developer. I don't think we know exactly why it was omitted - perhaps admin error. The developer has made an application for this condition to be reinstated. With the reistatement of this condition, an ammendment to the approved plans can be applied for.

Taken from the "official site"

Submission of non-material amendment following grant of planning permission

It has been noted that a condition providing for the amendment of drawings submitted with the club’s original planning application for a hotel has been subsequently omitted by Thanet District Council. Hartsdown Properties Ltd has therefore submitted an amendment to have the condition reinstated to regularise the existing planning consent. This would provide scope for local authority approval of the smaller hotel as an amendment rather than with a full planning application.

Anything more come out about this "lost condition" to allow an amendment.

When was it "lost" so to speak.

Was it recently or a long time ago?.

How how is important this "lost condition" is to our claims for an amendment?.

Without the "lost condition" how do we stand?.

Was it legal to have that "lost condition" taken out?

Who took it out in the first place?

Was it there originally?

What are the chances of having it re-instated?

If re-instated can we then continue with this as an "amendment?".

Without it can we STILL hope for an "amendment?"

JUST HOW IMPORTANT IS THIS "LOST CONDITION?"

WOW Cookie the term "Ins and outs of a Ducks .... doodaa" comes to mind mate :)

Thanks again Wellsie. Blimey that was quick. Do you stay locked into the computer all day? ;) ........................ Unlike me

Sorry Andy but this "could" be the thing that gets us what we want or should I say entitled to. On the other hand it could be the thing that prevents us. Could be a "crucial" decider.

Edited by Cookie

We're at a crucial stage so the current situation deserves some attention. Thanks for the sentiment anyway Cookie.

I have updated the news story about last night's meeting on the oficial club website with a bit more detail. As you'll see, we're also working on a Margate FC Stadium Development Proposals – Fact File which will lay out the facts of the development and were we are.

From Moores blog about last night

"I did feel the debate was poorly directed and occasionally politicised from the chair and that the audience were allowed to be distracted by questions and arguments that had absolutely nothing to do with the purpose of meeting itself. For example, where the spoil from the five a side pitches went ........."

Just to show he was not paying attention the question actually asked was who was going to pay for the removal of waste from the old nursery site.

He was clearly unhappy about the chairing of the meeting, but I really thought Iris Johnston did a great job.

To be fair to Dr Moores some time was lost on frequent comments re the 3g pitch which is done and dusted, the sixchildrengate affair and the question on spoil which could have been ruled out of order. It was the end of a long day for all of us by the time 10 pm came round but all in all an excellent debate which I hope will help resolve all issues.Lets keep talking.

Obviously the club needs to get to the build stage-but i read that representatives of the contractors attended last night.

i probably missed it somewhere-but has it ever been advised who the contractors (in theory at this satge)are.

Who is the contracting company if it gets the green light.

I assume they have been appointed-so if the development does not proceed-i guess they could put a claim in against the development company-messy business this !!

Obviously the club needs to get to the build stage-but i read that representatives of the contractors attended last night.

i probably missed it somewhere-but has it ever been advised who the contractors (in theory at this satge)are.

Who is the contracting company if it gets the green light.

I assume they have been appointed-so if the development does not proceed-i guess they could put a claim in against the development company-messy business this !!

Announced on the official club website on 16th December: http://www.margate-fc.com/content/Club/Stadium/development.php?subaction=showfull&id=1292538165&archive=&start_from=&ucat=24&

Were there also not a few discrepancies in the statements made by the guy from the play school. Did he say he did not openly look for people to sign his petition. Then, did he not admit, when pushed, that after "public demand " he did so.

Did he not put a piece on the "Ramsgate FC Official" site openly asking for support? (If correct, For a fellow club to allow this on an official site is out of order and I am sure could be reported to the relevant authorities).

I am sure it was also stated there was not a conflict of interest. Then it came out Via, Chair of the meeting that the Nursery had been in negotiation for a lease on a piece of the park land for a play area. It also transpired, the developer had offerd the land that was the Nursery and some beyond, to put it back to park and or leave it in a condition they could use. with, tables and chairs ect.

Also the comments about why does the area need more Hotels. In my work capacity I have driven people around Thanet trying, to find Hotel space. Even the £8-50 yes, £8-50, including breakfast places are full. My personel view and from what my passengers say(I always ask for comments from people i pick up as from establishments, as people ask me to recomend establishments) With One exception, there are no decent hotels in the Cliftonville Area and only one in Margate with the facilities/ standards people require these days. If you of know of any please let me know.

Edited by blueblood

I also note that Martin Able a Ramsgate club official feels the need to direct Ramsgate supporters to information about our planning issues. Needless to say, he doesn't seem to indicate that he's doing that to support a fellow Ryman League club.

I think Ramsgate Football clubs approach to this is shockingly unprofessional and this is surely something that can be taken up with, with the FA and if so the club need look into this. Why do people listen to Martin Able anyway?

Mr Moore comes across as a bitter old man and how he got into politics is anyone's guess. We've all been quiet and pushed around for too long now and it's good that we making ourselves heard. For once i give Kieth Piper full credit for how him, the club and the planning company are handling the situation applaus.gif

Anywho, speaking as a student if all goes to pot with this planning application who's up for a protest? grin.gif

Anywho, speaking as a student if all goes to pot with this planning application who's up for a protest? grin.gif

I think a protest should be made BEFORE it all goes belly up.Try & save what you have rather than try to redeem that which is lost. Well that's how I see it anyway.

It is a possibilty at the moment but only a possibily I have to stress. Lets hope that those that are making these decisions come good & see the advantages in this not only for the club & the community but for Margate as a town .A town sadly lacking & falling apart but with a council that is full of ideas to resurrect & correct that which they the council has lost to us in the past yet who dilly dally with everything, who try to block anything that they havent thought of first that would show an improvement to the area.Yes even when things are put in front of them in full correctiveness ready for implimentation.

We have no choice but to see how things pan out first but rest assured this cub will not die all the while we have such devoted supporters, not to the mention the public support we are seeing, getting & have always had from a large proportion of residents of the town.

Hopefully no such action will be needed at any point in time & that good common sense will prevail in the end.

Edited by Cookie

I also note that Martin Able a Ramsgate club official feels the need to direct Ramsgate supporters to information about our planning issues. Needless to say, he doesn't seem to indicate that he's doing that to support a fellow Ryman League club.

Let them stew in their own bitterness. Such antics make them look small. The only club they are demeaning are themselves.

I think a protest should be made BEFORE it all goes belly up.Try & save what you have rather than try to redeem that which is lost. Well that's how I see it anyway.

It is a possibilty at the moment but only a possibily I have to stress. Lets hope that those that are making these decisions come good & see the advantages in this not only for the club & the community but for Margate as a town .A town sadly lacking & falling apart but with a council that is full of ideas to resurrect & correct that which they the council has lost to us in the past yet who dilly dally with everything, who try to block anything that they havent thought of first that would show an improvement to the area.Yes even when things are put in front of them in full correctiveness ready for implimentation.. We have no choice but to see how things pan out but rest assure this cub will not die all the while we have such devoted supporters not to the mention support we are seeing & getting & have always had from a large proportion of residents of the town.

Hopefully no such action will be needed at any point in time & that good common sense & acceptance will prevail in the end.

The only reason why I say when it all goes to pot\belly up is because if we did it on Monday per-se it may do us more harm than any good. Having said that we need to keep making our voices heard. If it worked for 550 mislead people, then it should work for 1700 + well informed people.