Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fixtures & Results - Saturday 26 February

Premier Division

3 2 Colney Heath v Leverstock Green

A brief 'report' on this one from another's Forum, he seemed really 'starstruck' at seeing HTFCew:

Was going to C.U.P. v Cornard but got delayed at work left at 1'o clock

ended up at Colney Heath v Leverstock Green

ended 3-2 to Colney Heath after being 2-0 down

Att 97

Met up with the SSMFL Webmaster Elaine Waumsley former Hertford Town Secretary who is the fixture secretary & football secretary at Colney Heath

Premier Division

A report on this one from Leverstock Green's website:

http://www.levgreenfc.co.uk/MatchReport.php?File=20110226

Premier Division

A brief 'report' on this one from another's Forum, he seemed really 'starstruck' at seeing HTFCew:

Met up with the SSMFL Webmaster Elaine Waumsley former Hertford Town Secretary who is the fixture secretary & football secretary at Colney Heath

And so he should..............

Rhodes - why dont you like her?

its jealousy mm8............

find it really silly and childish.......why be like that to someone who out of their own time provides us with a really decent service.

Craig,

What you have to into consideration is it might not necessary be someone from Tring, What I have learnt over the years is the SSMFL and MK teams in particular is full of people who cannot wait to jump on the bandwagon when a team that is having a successful season slips up. Be it a supporter from another club, a disgruntled ex player/staff member not necessarily from your rein or just a sh#t stirrer but rest assured there are people who want the Chalfonts/Berko’s and Padburys of this world to fail. You have a handle on your teams progression and know these results happen. They want you to lose your focus don’t let them win...... You know the way to ram it back down their throats nicely :grin:.

you are spot on mate and hoprfully its the kick up the [****!!****] we needed . it has been coming to be fair . no team want to lose there unbeaten record but it has happeded now so we will move that is are first loss since berko last season so good going really . i am just kicking my self because it was my call to play the game at padbury and the pitch leveled things but both teams had to play on it . and tring took there goals very well and could of had a couple more . there keeper also played out standing saved a pen and made a couple of top draw saves straight after . good to see your lads doing well mate i have a lot of time for gary he is doing a great job .

A totally impartial (ahem) and slightly over-excited match report from Padbury 1 Corries 2 yesterday...

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/tringcorinthiansfc/club_news.pl?news=495093

Padbury United 1 Tring Corinthians 2

Corries Supremo Ian Richardson must be tearing out what is left of his hair and wondering why his team cannot perform like they did here every week, defeating a previously unbeaten Padbury side with a tenacious committed display.

With the reserve game cancelled, Tring were boosted by their biggest away following of the season to witness a game on a pitch that was thankfully playable (and fair play to Padbury for getting a game on) - but where the grass was ridiculously long in parts.

Corries travelling hordes were silenced within 90 seconds as sloppy defending allowed Padbury in to score but Corries bounced straight back to level within minutes. Excellent work by Che and Dan To on the left resulted in the ball being driven across the six yard box where the pouncing panther Lee Herring was waiting to find the net.

Better was to come ten minutes later when Andy Swaysland exploited the Padbury defence's high line and was freed on the right flank. His precision cross was met by Dan To and Corries were 2-1 up. There was delirium on the terraces and general anticipation of a goal glut.

This was not to be, however, as the game settled into a pattern. Corries had an excellent, disciplined shape about them and were perfectly happy to let Padbury have the ball in undangerous areas. This clearly frustrated Padbury - who had plenty of possession but were unable to penetrate the resolute Corries midfield and defence - too often resorting to fruitless long balls. Centre Halves Ross Gregory and Dan Stedman mopped up whatever action came their way.

The second half soon developed a similar pattern. Padbury had loads of possession but didn't/couldn't create proper chances. Custodian Ashley Jenkins was on hand to produce decent saves from long range and there always seemed to be a Corries body in the way when Padbury were poised to shoot. On top of this, Corries looked swift and dangerous on the break. In separate incidents the ball got stuck in the undergrowth under Lee Herring, Dan To and Ryan Sturgess's feet when they may have gone through on goal.

On 70 mins, the otherwise impressive Dave Cross brought down a Padbury striker in the box - but Ashley Jenkins pulled off a fine save from the resultant spot kick to preserve Corries narrow lead.

The last ten minutes seemed to last an eternity and the massed ranks of Corries fans were baying for the final whistle for much of them.

They were not to be denied - and even if the football wasn't pretty, this was probably their most committed and disciplined performance of the season. It is certainly their finest result to date.

Have to agree on one thing that your Manager must be tearing his hair out, given that you held us 0-0 at your place back in September surely he must be frustrated with the inconsistency and your league position, that result along with yesterday were no flukes, in both games you played well....surely you can now build on it and take points off of the chasing pack....then we'll forgive you haha

Monkeymonkey8 - What are you talking about, where did I say that I didn't like HTFCew

Have to agree on one thing that your Manager must be tearing his hair out, given that you held us 0-0 at your place back in September surely he must be frustrated with the inconsistency and your league position, that result along with yesterday were no flukes, in both games you played well....surely you can now build on it and take points off of the chasing pack....then we'll forgive you haha

I hope we can too. It is hard to create consistency when you are only playing once every three weeks - as appears to be the case at the moment.

Monkeymonkey8 - What are you talking about, where did I say that I didn't like HTFCew

Ha ha ha Rhodes you joker........you have just opened yourself up for another beasting from everyone on this forum!

I don't think so somehow, anyway why would I dislike HTFCew as she's a good person

fair play good result for you no excuses i had a full squad .it was my choice to play it at padbury on a heavy pitch witch suited you shame dom missed the pen with 30 mins left for us maybe we could of got back in it . but for some one at your club to go through book and get my number and keep texting me about it is taking it to far and i cant wait to find out who as that is persanal so good luck to him or grow a pair and say who . i will meet straight away

Come on be truthfull your a rubbish manager any way with all the money u give to players anyone could do your job.why do u think tucks as come to help you out because his been told the managers jobs his with 4 months .and what you dont no is his number 2 on his way .injoy

fair play good result for you no excuses i had a full squad .it was my choice to play it at padbury on a heavy pitch witch suited you shame dom missed the pen with 30 mins left for us maybe we could of got back in it . but for some one at your club to go through book and get my number and keep texting me about it is taking it to far and i cant wait to find out who as that is persanal so good luck to him or grow a pair and say who . i will meet straight away

Come on be truthfull your a rubbish manager any way with all the money u give to players anyone could do your job.why do u think tucks as come to help you out because his been told the managers jobs his with 4 months .and what you dont no is his number 2 on his way .injoy

Who the fuc/ are you and how do you know so much about Padbury?

Some people really need to get out more and stop being worried about everyone else!

Does this come with an English translation?