Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 15/16/17 March

Mursley not fielding a side last night is a disgrace. That's Sunday morning football organisation. Probably couldn't field a strong side more like. I bet they get a side out Saturday against whoever they play. The tie should be awarded to daventry without hesitation and mursley fined heavily surely?

Spartacus7868 - To be fair we don't know the reason behind it so can't really be Judge, Jury and Executioner however, as you say, it doesn't look too good, it's what you expect on a Sunday morning over Hackney Marshes but not at our level of football.

Spartacus7868 - To be fair we don't know the reason behind it so can't really be Judge, Jury and Executioner however, as you say, it doesn't look too good, it's what you expect on a Sunday morning over Hackney Marshes but not at our level of football.

What do you mean 'our level of football'? This level of football and every club in it wants nothing to do with you, and no doubt many years ago in your playing days you got nowhere near playing at this level either you low life scum!

What do you mean 'our level of football'? This level of football and every club in it wants nothing to do with you, and no doubt many years ago in your playing days you got nowhere near playing at this level either you low life scum!

:applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus:

Veteran Centre Back - I can only assume from your rude post that you are connected to Mursley United, I'm just agreeing with Spartacus that Mursley's no show at Daventry last night is like Sunday morning football over Hackney Marshes

Tonight's results:

Challenge Trophy Semi Finals

2 0 Chalfont St Peter v Risborough Rangers

0 1 Colney Heath v Dunstable Town

To be fair I have looked into mursleys situation to see they have no reserves, a small squad and limited resources so I can see how injuries and possible unavailability can be a serious problem when you run one team. I was harsh in my condemnation and apologise ..but,. It isn't something we expect in senior football and hopefully the situation doesn't arise again. Does this mean they can't field teams for the next week or so? Anyone know the club or involved at mursley that could enlighten us?

Anyone know the club or involved at mursley that could enlighten us?

Maybe Veteran Centre Back could, he seems to know a lot!

I heard Risborough fielded a weakened team to concentrate on the league....

not quite the cricket score you predicted....

Perhaps not but it sounded like a fairly comfortable win didn't it, I'll be surprised if Chalfont St Peter got out of second gear:

http://www.buckinghamshireadvertiser.co.uk/south-buckinghamshire-sport/chalfontstpeterfc/2011/03/18/welsh-fires-saints-to-cup-final-82398-28359642/

and you have formed this opinion from a report that lists the goalscorer and the size of the cowd. Wow! Can you pick my lottery numbers for this week?

not quite the cricket score you predicted....

Perhaps not but it sounded like a fairly comfortable win didn't it, I'll be surprised if Chalfont St Peter got out of second gear:

http://www.buckingha...82398-28359642/

Tuesday 15 March

Premier Division

1 0 Haringey Borough v Chalfont St Peter

http://www.haringeyb...37251&conf==

A further report on one of the shock results of the season so far from today's Tottenham Journal:

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/sport/football/haringey_borough_shock_league_leaders_chalfont_1_832276

Deano999 - How did your boy enjoy the occasion last night, it sounds like Risborough Rangers gave a reasonable account of themselves and weren't overawed

Deano999 - How did your boy enjoy the occasion last night, it sounds like Risborough Rangers gave a reasonable account of themselves and weren't overawed

Unfortunately I wasn't there myself and haven't spoken to him yet, so cannot comment. From my own experience (too many!!) losing a semi-final, no matter who you played, takes a long time to get over.

NeutralFan - Can Risborough Rangers get promotion then, I didn't think Horsendon Lane had planning permission for floodlights

NeutralFan - Can Risborough Rangers get promotion then, I didn't think Horsendon Lane had planning permission for floodlights

doh.gif