Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Maidstone

2-0 Canvey. Hallett and King.

Another great win on the road against a much improved Maidstone. Excellent goal by Kingy to secue the 3 points, i thought we looked solid and always in control. Big game Saturday!

Great singing by the 100ish travelling Yellow Army, another excellent rendition of "Ronnie Irani"

Maidstone were a much better side than the one we beat so convincingly at home a few weeks back, and their recent results suggest that Jay Saunders replacing Andy Ford as manager must have had a positive effect. Kingy's goal was special and came at a perfect time, as if we'd have stayed at 0-0 for much longer both teams would have had to gamble to get the three points which would have been dangerous. I didn't see what Dumas did for his sending off (Arsene Wenger moment!), but if he lashed out then he has really let everyone down, as I believe he'll miss three matches as it was for violent conduct. At this crucial stage of the season we need our best players more now than ever, and Dumas has been a revelation this season.

The atmosphere was superb once again, as was the fantastic turnout of Canvey supporters.

The sending off was right in front of me and unfortunately the Maidstone dugout..!! The Maidstone player had hold of Ash and all he did was push him away but his hand went to the guys throat, which I guess is deemed as raising your hand..Just handbags really. In my opinion it wasnt a sending off and could easily have been delt with but it was highly exaggerated by the Maidstone bench to the linesman who bought it hook, line and sinker and advised the referee to wave the red card...

The FA website has it down as a three match ban, so Dumas' season ends against Hornchurch, (but will be back in time for the Playoffs ;))

Edited by Matt H