Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Dunstable Promoted

After only 2 seasons in Division One, the club would like to congratulate the management team and players for their fantastic dedication throughout the season. Afrer a poor start to the season, to finish 2nd is beyond our wildest dreams and to win 9 of our last 10 league games with tough ones against Kings Langley, Crawley Green and London Colney. Who would have thought that after 16 years in Division Two, that we would be competing in the Prem next season. Our club would like to dedicate our promotion to ex AFC player Gavin Taylor, who sadly was killed in a road accident on Thursday in London.

Mate that's a fitting tribute, nice one and congratulations.

And you've done it how it should be done, winning games, more points than your rivals, not politics....football.

Good luck for next season and beyond

Two promotions in three seasons is impressive even though they finished a distant third to The 61 FC and Hadley in Division 2 in 2008/2009

Britman - Agreed but it slightly devalues their promotion in 2008/2009 doesn't it

Britman - Agreed but it slightly devalues their promotion in 2008/2009 doesn't it

I would not say it devalues our promotion last season, as we would have been crazy to turn it down when offered.

I think our last 6 years in Div 2 we were due some luck to get up, Champions twice, runners up twice and once up, showed our worth, as finished 5th in first season and 2nd in our 2nd season, not bad for a team with an average age of only 22.

Edited by OD's

OD'S - Okay but it took the gloss off your promotion from Division 2 didn't it, I wasn't knocking the achievement

OD'S - Okay but it took the gloss off your promotion from Division 2 didn't it, I wasn't knocking the achievement

To be honest Rhodes, our club found it quite ironic, that after securing promotion places on 4 occasions we could not go up and finishing 3rd got us up. We did not celebrate, so no gloss to come off. Just wanted to play at a higher level, with all the disapointment in the past with red tape.

Ignore him, he hasn't achieved anything in football let alone anything close to what you guys have. He is on another wind up. By Rhodes logic man utds 1999 treble would have had some of it's gloss knocked off because they were relegated decades before

Ignore him, he hasn't achieved anything in football let alone anything close to what you guys have. He is on another wind up. By Rhodes logic man utds 1999 treble would have had some of it's gloss knocked off because they were relegated decades before

Seeing the way you all speak about him I did realise this.

Is he the Rhodes linked to Tokyngton Manor ?

He was or still is.....

He was or still is.....

Well what can I say, our visit there last season was greeted by a disgusting venue. Toilets were filthy, changing rooms and showers covered in mud and the pitch was too dangerous to play on, so match was called off. Twice we travelled to that ground, with both games being called off and had no prior warning and its quite a trek from our neck of the woods. Did a good programme though.

Team of wannabe thugs too. All in all a credit to the SSML and clearly deserving of reinstatement. I'm sure like at all clubs there are some decent honest enthusiastic hardworking people just wanting to run a team and to that small minority I apologise for my harsh but I feel fair words

Did the above really warrant the last six posts, I was merely stating an opinion that AFC Dunstable's promotion from Division 2 in 2008/2009 was devalued slightly due to their distant third place finish, that's all

Team of wannabe thugs too. All in all a credit to the SSML and clearly deserving of reinstatement. I'm sure like at all clubs there are some decent honest enthusiastic hardworking people just wanting to run a team and to that small minority I apologise for my harsh but I feel fair words

All good points - but surely worth reinstatement for the Tokyngton v Padbury fixture alone?! smilewinkgrin.gificon29.gif

All good points - but surely worth reinstatement for the Tokyngton v Padbury fixture alone?! smilewinkgrin.gificon29.gif

Surely if Tik Tok Manor gets reinstatement, they would "ply their trade" in Div 2 and miss playing Padbury.