Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Paul Shave to start Saturday?????

Mack

Ridiculous!!!!

I'm saying Shave is good player in his position for a certain situation. I'm not saying he is a great player.

So what that Shave played in a game at Centre back, not every player is adaptable.

I suppose the other 10 players Shave was playing with had nothing to do with the 8 goals you are blaming on him.

Shavesy is a good honest tough player,yeah he occasionally goes too far with challenges but for us although he wasn't always first on the team sheet,whenever he did play I think he was managed well and stuck to what he was told to do.As he gets older he seems to have calmed down a bit and is a better player for it

"New Lodger - Why the big 'downer' on Shavesy - This is not about the RESERVES but about putting strength AND depth into what (on Tues) was a pretty poor side - Get real & see the sense that Mack posted earlier !"

That pretty poor side was the same side that beat Kingstonian 6-0 and hasn't conceded a goal in three games. If you had your way PAUL B the side would be full of journeymen like Trenkel and Shave.

It's interesting you choose to criticise the team when they are doing well in order to push the case for Shave. I wonder why......

Urchin where were you when you couldn't win a game ? If Shave is so good why don't you sign him, you only have fatty Collis in midfield.

Well straight away with one comment you have proved your football knowledge is p1ss poor.

Collis has played about 75 minutes for us this season,Simon glover,frankie Curley,Jon hunt,Michael Spencer,tam eyong are all doing a grand job for us at the moment.Shavesy was considered but with the riches we currently have it was felt he wouldn't be required too often,let's face it both sides have started the season well and both managers obviously do rate shavesy so you must obviously know more than them,saying that as you suggest a bloke who has only played a bit part so far this season is our only midfielder it looks as though your knowledge is pretty limited tbh

I seem to remember a while back when Shavinio came back to help us out he did the job with flying colours and boosted the whole squad, (it's what he does)

This time round he came back and within seconds of being on the pitch set up a goal

He was here to make an impact and even by seeing him warming up, the lad's on the pitch stepped up their game so job done.

I don't agree with picking on players here on the forum or name calling to other users of the forum. (Been there done that & it wasn't very clever)

Nice to see how popular the forum is again. Really must be the shave factor eh...... (Sorry guy's)

Still best of luck to Mr Shave in what ever he go's on to do.

Look here New Logger, football is all about opinions..... you have yours, I have mine, Paul has his and so on. Don't dig him out because he agree's with something I have said.

I don't see many people agreeing with what you have said on here!!!!!!!

I agree with onthesidelines and think this topic should should stop as you arn't interested in having an adult discussion about football, you just want to get aggressive.

Brightside bloke - Spot on fella!!!!

Quite amusing when people want to epress their views to others that don't agree with theirs, they remind others that don't agree with theirs that this is a forum...blah, blah, blah... Yes this is forum and people have a right to an opinion... and if someone doesn't agree with you...well tough luck. That is life, you either express your arguement further or go away...

Paul Shave is a player that divides opinions...he did the same when we was first with us, when he returned and now. I am sure that he is more than amused that he is the subject of discussion again (actually, I bet he doesn't really give a f*ck...).

Although putting the spotlight on a particular player can be viewed as a little unfair (to him or his colleagues....they may be getting a little jealous of the attention? Discuss), no one has insulted him that I can see. I think everyone here agrees that he is a decent, honest player who works hard for the cause...maybe he has had his day (rescuing us at East Thurrock will always be one of my enduring memories)...maybe not....time will tell.

One other thing that I find amusing...it's either quiet on the Upminster forum or EU is just on here to stir things up...Having witnessed his contributions on past discussions, sadly the latter is the conclusion I can draw.

Edited by GazzaBTFC

Pot & Kettle spring to mind.

"Ryan C = Swaine, Wild and Shave on the same pitch is an interesting concept tho! " Now that would be interesting, End in tears i'd guess.