Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Any Suggestions???

what happened to your £300 at Basildon because DC swears he never saw it,who did you give it to???

the difference between the likes of you and me Rich is i can write off £300 to con artists and not worry....small change mate

i know Asda is out of bounds to you but i hear Lidl are looking for xmas staff.....you want a reference?

Edited by BUFC

what happened to your £300 at Basildon because DC swears he never saw it,who did you give it to???

the difference between the likes of you and me Rich is i can write off £300 to con artists and not worry....small change mate

well yes you've never hesitated in telling people how much money you have,anyway he got one game so you cant complain.

Edited by Basil-Don

well yes you've never hesitated in telling people how much money you have,anyway he got one game so you cant complain.

do you want the job or not?

how very bizarre,every time i post you reply you reply in 5 minutes but this time it took you 4 hours!!!

oh dear that post sounds like a bit of a cop out, come on BBB you know it all why not enlighten us all??? you tell us how we should be doing things. no i thought not,empty vessels mate.

OK.I'm going to take you through this step by step. When you have completed each step successfully I'll give you the next. Now as you know there's no "one size fits all" plan but as with other clubs your facilities need a facelift.

"That's bollox" I hear you cry "we've got no money". Well, the first thing to do is make the oppo welcome and the old "let's make the away dressing room uncomfortable" is a sure loser, I've lost count of the times I've heard visiting teams bemoan the facilities and go straight off without even buying a beer. I'm not talking about luxurious surroundings just making things a little less depressing or downright annoying.

So for you Bas, get rid of the pink dressing room walls (it's tiresome and costs you money, believe me) and paint them a bright neutral colour. Let's say white. Next, break out the vaccuum cleaner and duster and give the clubhouse bar a real clean (the last time I was at your place it smelt like a dog kennel). then smarten up the club officials so any visitors know who they are. (the guys I've encountered at The Hive appeared to have been rejects from Crays Hill), you spend enough on tracksuits etc for playing members, so kit out non playing members the same way and if you have any older members, ie president, get him/them kitted out in club Blazer and tie on matchdays.

Finally, clean the beer pipes more frequently and make sure the bar is fully stocked, there's nothing more annoying than seeing your favourite tipple advertised then it's either "run out" or unpallatable

I await your howls of derision. Alternatively, you could listen for once and give it a try. What have you got to lose

really sorry that i dont wear a shirt and tie on matchdays but i find that if i wear my best suit on matchdays i end up with white paint all over it from the line marker,its a shame someone like you couldnt mark out the pitch,oh no of course thats beneath you.

i like the idea of the club president wearing a tie,not that we have a president nor indeed a tie but i see your point, thats going to get the fans flocking in.

again full of advice but not too keen on action-how about i give you the managers job and you carry out some of these actions,oh no im forgetting such work would be beneath you.

really sorry that i dont wear a shirt and tie on matchdays but i find that if i wear my best suit on matchdays i end up with white paint all over it from the line marker,its a shame someone like you couldnt mark out the pitch,oh no of course thats beneath you.

i like the idea of the club president wearing a tie,not that we have a president nor indeed a tie but i see your point, thats going to get the fans flocking in.

again full of advice but not too keen on action-how about i give you the managers job and you carry out some of these actions,oh no im forgetting such work would be beneath you.

Oh I don't know know Rich, I think I'd pay a fiver to see you in the cabin wearing a suit and tie. I've got an old Bowers one lying around somewhere if you want it. :P

As for a Club President, you should mention it to DC and put yourself forward. I'm sure he'd be in favour of it. LOL

As I thought, no drive. You want it all on a plate. The title of this thread, one which you started is "Any SUGGESTIONS". Sorry for not realising the meaning of this phrase had been changed.

I noted in an earlier post that you either wouldn't listen or would take any advice as a personal slight and would make excuses not to carry it through. Point proved!!

I also stated that you were beyond help and, as you are unwilling to see any ideas other than your own as worth proceeding with, that also is Point proved!

As for managing your club/team, I thought you had stated that there was no vacancy. Is that about to change? Mr Larke beware!!

BBB, I feel your suggestions have some merit if a club has the money and the volunteers to spare. Bit of a cheap shot at Rich though since he already works his bollix off and probably is their only working volunteer.

Could you be open enough to let us know if you are involved with a club, are you a member of a committee that actually does more than come up with suggestions for other people to complete? Maybe you could tell us what role you fulfil?

Smudge,don't get a hard on thinking that me and the don are having a falling out,I am on his side

Smudge......basil-don bond and eastside urchin have more sides than a fifty pence piece and a thrupenny bit added together................... i remember the golden days

uncle urchin and his scrawny sidekick Jenny...the Bitch..Darter...Loose.....their minder on the forum urchin mentalist (aka the bird man), basil -don (aka so many names) the main man Ian W being sucked in....the keepz family being ostracised.............

oh how times have changed :-)

i much prefered the Croydon forum!!

B.U.F.C.,The Croydon Forum,those were the days,sensible football banter,no bitterness towards other Clubs.What has changed in such a short time?I respect your views,as I have met you,and you know your Football.But this B.B.B.Bloke definitely takes the biscuit,insulting other Clubs facilities and how they are run.The posters on here are like the KINGSTONIAN MAFIA,maybe Billy Big Bollix should name himself to give his posts some credence,but history tells me he will not.