Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Any Suggestions???

OK, I'll give you a bit of background. I'm a retired publican who's been involved in football in one capacity or another for over 45 years from coaching 7 year olds to senior sides, administering olympian & senior clubs and have been Chairman of a youth football club with many teams, I have also been secretaryof a social club with over 2,000 members and am not currently on any football club committee but am vice-president of my local Cricket Club. So you see, I've been there, done that as they say. Of course we moaned about the lack of help but we didn't sneer at any suggestion that would help us, even if we didn't agree with it. Now Mr Bas has asked for advice and I gave him the 1st step to help out but this has somehow been jumped on by the lower league mafia (no-one helps us and we're so hard done by). This smacks of paranoia and I think a lot of you have seen yourself in this description and don't like it. As I said it was only a small adjustment that had to be made initially but I knew that either lack of money or no volunteer help would be thrown back at me. I suggested a couple of minor changes and got a hurl of abuse. If my post was met with any sort of positivity I would have pointed you in the direction of FREE labour but I'm afraid you think the world is against you and I repeat, you are beyond help. One of your earlier posts suggested I would roll out the usual stuff and I didn't. This obviously upset you but it was meant in a helpful way. Although you have now burned your bridges with me I will give you one last piece of advice.

Stand back, take a good look at what's in front of you and decide where you want to be in 5 years. You must think outside the box and be innovative. Free help is there if you know where to go. I will gladly point people in the right direction but only if they are willing to help themselves first.

A good post but why start on such a negative footing with previous posts if all you want to do is give advice,surely you can't expect to be taken seriously once you along with a couple of others have started on such a negative note.

Lots of love,non league mafioso

B.B.B.now thats more like it,a reasonable post with no attack.Free Labour!!!,I know of several Clubs who use the services of the Probation service,through Community Service to get their Clubs Improved i.e Painting,Weeding,Carpentry,Plumbing etc.Helps also if you have Childrens sides involved at your Club for Fund Raising.

I'm beyond help.

Sorry BBB but all too often you do get the odd know-all who likes to point out where you are going wrong and how you could turn a club into a regular gold mine without actually being willing to turn their own shoulder to the wheel, I must admit it becomes down heartening at times especially when you realise that these very people are the ones you are working your socks off for!

I suppose it was just your anonymous nature that had made me sceptical of your "advice". FYI I doubt any of your ideas haven't occurred to Basildon and many a time he's probably thought that if he only had another ar$ehole he could stick a broom up then he could give it a go. Maybe you should have started with advice on where to get all this free labour first! Anyway, sorry to have made that assumption.

Looks like peace in our time has broken out, and ruined a thoroughly entertaining thread in doing so.

IMO there's some people who are brilliant at thinking up clever inspirational ideas, but totally useless at carrying those ideas forward to completion, and likewise there's others that have never had an original thought in their lives but have the tenacity to drive someone else's ideas to a successful conclusion. The big problem for all of us that love non league football is that the two opposites rarely make the effort to be compatible.

Smudge......basil-don bond and eastside urchin have more sides than a fifty pence piece and a thrupenny bit added together................... i remember the golden days

uncle urchin and his scrawny sidekick Jenny...the Bitch..Darter...Loose.....their minder on the forum urchin mentalist (aka the bird man), basil -don (aka so many names) the main man Ian W being sucked in....the keepz family being ostracised.............

oh how times have changed :-)

i much prefered the Croydon forum!!

No club will have me these days LOL

just to wrap this up-i've been involved at one club for a few years so i certainly dont know how other clubs operate and wouldnt for one minute say im some kind of expert on running non league football clubs i simply know how the land lies at my club,theres three people at our club who do the work and three hundred full of ideas and i dare say every clubs the same,in my time at the club ive meet two people who have worked their socks off JD and DB and neither of them ever came in with 5 year plans and plenty of hype just got on with it,most of the rest full of talk and little else,anyway forget all this nonsense away to Witham today then our successful Under 18's home to East Thurrock tomorrow-bring it on !

Basil-Don would rather be a martyr than take Basildon Utd forward. He gets aroused about playing the hero! I do this, I do that, no one else wants to help. Basil-don as far as I can see you are an attention seeking glory hunter. Congratulations on "helping" out at Basildon, although as far as I am concerned you are only contributing to destroying a once great club.

Basil-Don would rather be a martyr than take Basildon Utd forward. He gets aroused about playing the hero! I do this, I do that, no one else wants to help. Basil-don as far as I can see you are an attention seeking glory hunter. Congratulations on "helping" out at Basildon, although as far as I am concerned you are only contributing to destroying a once great club.

thats big talk coming from a man and i use that word lightly who hasnt even got to balls to identify himself,keyboard warrior,spineless coward.

actually got to confess hes sussed me out,theres plenty of people at the club wishing to help but i wont let them,its a great boost to my ego to mark out the pitch et cetera,if i unblock a bog im secretly thinking to myself-im so important,other people should try it-go to your local rundown football club and unblock a loo-its a massive ego boost.

the fact is the only time i ever mention what i do at the club is when a big mouth like you tells me where we are going wrong, plently of wasters turn up at clubs with talk but no action.

Edited by Basil-Don