Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup

Stag Whippet

Hi all

Pleased to see you making your way up the league. Will be happy to be meeting you again in a couple of years or so's time. Thats you going up, not us coming down !!

If you could pass Weymouth on the way as well that would be just great - were they a bunch of whingers who thought that they were too big for the league when you were there in your former guise ?

Anyway, you may have noticed that we have made the 4th qualifying round and play Hanworth Villa at home. Looks a good draw on paper - can you tell me otherwise ?

Got a feeling its our year - Sheff Wednesday or Port Vale at home !!

Stag Whippet

I have noticed that you have been doing rather well. I did go the W&E v Weymouth match last season. Can't say they whinged that much but I do know that we played them off the park.

As for Hanworth Villa, I haven't seen them thus far this season so very much an unknown entity. By all accounts though, they thoroughly merit their place in the 4th Q Rd. All I would say is to take them lightly at your peril. Don't underestimate them.

I have noticed that you have been doing rather well. I did go the W&E v Weymouth match last season. Can't say they whinged that much but I do know that we played them off the park.

As for Hanworth Villa, I haven't seen them thus far this season so very much an unknown entity. By all accounts though, they thoroughly merit their place in the 4th Q Rd. All I would say is to take them lightly at your peril. Don't underestimate them.

I saw the game against Slough and trust me they are a decent side and their support is unbelieveable considering the league they play in, even though they will probably only get that sort of support in the FA Cup, but they are very, very vocal.

I would still obviously fancy Totton to beat Hanworth Villa as Slough just seemed to roll over once the game became difficult when Hanworth Villa equalised. I'm sure Totton are a much tougher nut crack, but good luck to Villa.

Edited by WCW

I saw HV play last season and they were very good, undoubtedly will make it very difficult for Totton. But from my recollection of Totton, and the way they play, I still believe Totton will get through because they won't make the mistake of underestimating lower league opposition.

I saw them play against Bedfont Sports in the first round,they didn't look all that to me but it was the same sort of situation as they were in playing Slough,Bedfont Sports were looking for a bit of a giant killing,but I will tell you this they will not lack passion or stop trying,their manager will not allow it.

I am told that there supporters were a slight problem at Slough but that is only heresay

Cheers, i'm sure our management wont take it lightly, the pair of them completed 400 games for us last weekend.

Just been confirmed we have resigned a certain Mr Nathan Jack !! cup tied (in the FA cup) unfortunatley, but will hopefully provide a bit of much needed muscle, we seem a bit light weight in alot of areas in this league, that is the most striking difference.

Hi all

Pleased to see you making your way up the league. Will be happy to be meeting you again in a couple of years or so's time. Thats you going up, not us coming down !!

If you could pass Weymouth on the way as well that would be just great - were they a bunch of whingers who thought that they were too big for the league when you were there in your former guise ?

Anyway, you may have noticed that we have made the 4th qualifying round and play Hanworth Villa at home. Looks a good draw on paper - can you tell me otherwise ?

Got a feeling its our year - Sheff Wednesday or Port Vale at home !!

Stag Whippet

Stag Whippet,

All I will say is be prepared for around 200/300 HV followers to descend upon your ground, a good proportion of them will be well tanked up and very loud. I don't know if your supporters change ends at half-time but they certainly won't.

Having said all that, if your supporters resist the temptation to re-act to their goading there will be no trouble.

They wont get 300 hundred behind our goal unless they get on each others shoulders !!

Most Totton stand at the side, however, pretty sure our crowd record of 774 will be broken if they bring 200. We had just over 700 last week, of which about 250 were weymouth, not the 400+ they say.

Hopefully we are sensible enough to ignore that kind of attitude, we dont get much in the way of problems but will pass the word on.

Overnighter in Weymouth tomorrow but not too sure about the game. Big league game on tuesday and with the cup next weekend, would not be surprised if we were not at full strength.

Anyway, enough about us, could go second tomorrow I see.

Good Luck tomorrow, where's Mole Valley for gods sake ??

Lightweight? You're top of the table man!!!

Hope Nathan Jack can get back to full fitness and form, he didn't have much luck at W&E.

Yes but how I'm not sure, been winning without playing well last month at least. getting brushed of the ball too easily for my liking.

They wont get 300 hundred behind our goal unless they get on each others shoulders !!

Most Totton stand at the side, however, pretty sure our crowd record of 774 will be broken if they bring 200. We had just over 700 last week, of which about 250 were weymouth, not the 400+ they say.

Hopefully we are sensible enough to ignore that kind of attitude, we dont get much in the way of problems but will pass the word on.

Overnighter in Weymouth tomorrow but not too sure about the game. Big league game on tuesday and with the cup next weekend, would not be surprised if we were not at full strength.

Anyway, enough about us, could go second tomorrow I see.

Good Luck tomorrow, where's Mole Valley for gods sake ??

Stag

Officially the club have 3 coaches booked (150), but many others will travel down by their own means - so 200 + is possible

I was present at your game last night, I was very impressed with the set up your club has and my comments have been passed on.

What ever the result (win, lose or draw) it will undoubtedly be a day to remember for all of our Players, Club officials and lastly our fans.

May I state that due to the over reaction of some STFC fans on these forums, the club are taking their own stewards and along with your own, and with the Police presence the game will pass without incident (all an over reaction)

Our club is enjoying its first season in The FA Cup and we have surpassed our expectations, so as I say Win, Lose or Draw we will enjoy the day and hopefully have a beer with you after???

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday

Will be more than happy to have beer with you. There is segragation I hear so no chance until after the game I would think.

Stag

I heard it mentioned last night over the tannoy (it is truly laughable), again this from the over reaction from STFC.

Some of your guys i spoke with last night were nice genuine people, felt very welcome

Looking forward to Saturday