Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Why does everyone hate Basildon United

piper

Sad as I am I have been taking a look into past records of the Essex Senior League and I see that gates compared to just 3 years ago to now are down by roughly 25% and it would seem that just several seasons ago most clubs had some sort of budget and teams like Tilbury, Hornchurch ect were all in the league. From the outside looking in it is hard to see what has improved in the league rather than go backwards. If this continues there must be a realistic chance of losing step 5 status, so why does everyone on here and at grounds all want the demise of one of its longest stanfing members. Surely getting behind all your clubs in the league is the only way to return to former glory. If im honest it would seem that the managerial and player pool of names just goes round and round the league season to season. Perhaps fresh faces and a combined effort to support your league as well as keep your rivary going in a sporting way may be the way forward. Yes Basildon United are ridiculed on the stands of much higher graded clubs in the area but then that always leads to those people ridiculing the league itself and that reflects on all the teams in it.

Right DRS I have no idea who you are or what you do but I think you have crossed the line. Basil-Don or as most of us users on here know him Rich is a good man who gives up the majority of his time for his love of Basildon United and for that I admire him and to have some idiot like you come on here and just abuse him is out of order.

He has a thankless job trying to run a football club and until you actually see what it takes to run a Senior football club at any level you are in no position to make comment. In the last 18 months I have been in charge at Burnham I have seen how hard it is to run a football club. I am just grateful that at our club we have a group of people superbly lead by Shaun that help run things, from what I've seen and heard Rich does this himself - and no offence here Basildon isn't the most favourite place for me to visit but we are always made welcome and the facilities are still better than some places we visit and that is down to Rich.

I might get blocked for this but Ian_W I think it's time this 'person' is blocked

Well hope he does well as I like Danny and I like the club - no commiserations as I am VERY happy at Burnham and at heart never wanted to leave - something that everyone at the club knew.

Nothing to hide my end

ok frend, they do say no smoke without fire but i trust you

sorry to basildon if it seems like i am having a pop at him, i am not having go at you personally mr mann

good luck to southend maner this week wish i could be there

dr river song signing off

thanks Sorry for your support-the cheques in the post- not quite a 'one man band' at Basildon, people like Daren the Head of Youth development do as much if not more than me and others certainly play their part. People can come on here and say what they want, dont really bother me but the level of banter is going downhill fast, turning into a playground im afraid.

This forum has gone to pot rich.

Used to be a laugh upto a year or so ago but too many people on here sniping at those doing a good job like yourself,probably because they have been bombed.Used to be able to have a bit of banter as well but you get slapped wrists now for telling someone to fck off

No probs mate just don't agree with someone continually berating people for no reason

See what do I know when I've been to Bas I only ever seee you running around but agree about the banter. It is now just becoming insulting and non-constructive.

EU - people can give it but not take it

Must be able to laugh at yourself before making fun of others

I should know I've had my ears & looks all my life !!!

The difference is that when we was in the ESL everyone knew who everyone was,even if you didn't you would have a bit of banter with someone,even a row,lose your temper then hunt them down when you played them and have a beer with them after the game,now you get people with agendas on here slagging off clubs and those working for them because of personal agendas and no one knows who they are

• 2 weeks later...

Everybody knows Richard Mann isn't the problem at Basildon. Everybody new it wasn't Paul Larke's fault that the team went to pot. I don't even blame the coaches that left taking loads of players with them. Look back over each season and it doesn't matter who the manager is or who is playing, Basildon United don't get the support of the Chairman, all he does it stick his nose in to team matters! Ex players are all the same and it doesn't mean they make good managers and that is the Basildon problem.

Will the Chairman shut up and leave Chris Woods to it? I doubt it!!

a few facts.....

Paul Larke was given two new kits

was given 20 training balls

was given matchballs

was given a pitch to play on

was given a training ground to train on

was given 49 registration forms which he filled in 3 weeks !!

was given a mini bus to transport players to away matches

now for most managers thats all they need,apologises if the chairman didnt have time to give him a good cuddle and tell him how wonderful he was on a regular basis.