Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

John Batch

haynab66

surprised no one has come on here to talk about this but would like to thank him for all his efforts for his and our beloved CIFC, he took over canvey when we thought there would be no club and in the last 5 years has brought the club forward to where it is now, it takes a big man to walk away from something you love but i think he has made the right decision for the sake of the club he loves i dont no his reasons for it but i feel he has taken the club as far as he can and it has become obvious that we are just becoming a mid table ryman prem club, whether glen is the right man to take us to the next step only time will tell but im sure we are all behind him, hope john will join the yellow army and cheer the club on and hopefully the change has come in time for a push to the play offs which will be tough because i think we need to win at least 14 of our remaining games to do it.

There's no doubt John Batch is a true CIFC legend and we owe him a great deal of thanks. He stabilised the club and took it forward when it looked like it would go to the wall.

Whether you agree with his tactics or team selections or not you can't deny that he has done a fantastic job in getting the club to this level on a smaller budget than alot of clubs.

Hopefully John will carry on putting his input into the club in other capacities.

In the meantime, we need to get behind Glen and the team and look to have a positive 2012.

A bit shocked by the news and I know that some fans were calling for this to happen, but we must remember what John has done for the club. There is no doubt that we would not have a club without his hard work, passion and love for the club. John is a proud man and it must be hard for him to walk away, but I am sure that he will still be involved in the club as Director of Football and he will help take the club forward. Of course John made mistakes and he would be the first to admit it, but he also pulled off some great results. Thank you John

Now we need to get behind Glen and give him and the team support to take them forward.

Come on you YELLOWS

As I said on Facebook before, I'm not completely surprised by this but I would've thought it would have been left till the end of the season and take it from there.

Like everyone has said, John is Canvey Island FC through and through and it does take a great man to admit when they've reached their limit and it's time to take a step back and let someone else take the reigns. I am glad he's staying on as a Director because he has a great knowledge of the Club and many contacts in the footballing world. Also, should Glen not wish to keep the job at the end of the season, John will know what to look for in future applicants and make sure they tick the all the right boxes.

John has done as fantastic job in his roles at the Club and has shouldered much of the burden of getting us to where we are today after being brought back from the brink in 2006 and all of the struggles in between. I'm sure his continuing involvement with the Club will still bring him plenty to do, (I can see him taking on a role of something like a Chief Scout or if needs be in the future, Caretaker Manager).

Now we enter the Alzapiedi era and I for one look forward to what Glen brings into play now he's his own man and back his players as they adapt to whatever changes take place in the coming weeks.

I know Batchy used to scout for Jeff when he was there in terms of looking at players and teams.

He was a major influence in us beating Port Vale as he watched them several times and reported back to Jeff.

Can see him doing a similar thing occassionally.