Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chertsey 1 - 2 Ashford

Ashford deservedly won the battle of the "towns" with 2 goals from MOM Kofi..........

We took the lead on 14 mins following a corner from the dangerous and lively Alex Duffy which was flicked on and Kofi scored with a bicycle kick from 3-4 yards out........

Bairoh played a rare bad pass across the middle which resulted in a free kick some 25 yards out and the low shot on 21 mins seem to somehow go through the walll and squirm under Macca.....

Kofi was played through on 68 mins controlled the ball well took it on a few strides and his superb left foot finish found the far corner........

Dan found the net but was ruled offside following a rebound from their keeper after he fumbled a free kick,,,,,,,,,, Kofi was unlucky not to claim a hat trick when his header following a corner struck the upright and bounced to safety....

Good performances all over the pitch, Alex and Ashley playing some lovely stuff and Dan's pace was running the Chertsey defense ragged........... Kofi was big, strong and powerful and was a real handful......... Well worth the 3 points today and a tadge unfortunate not to have won more comfortably :D

Very good result and i feel we were well worth the 3 points.

The pitch was a leveller, very bumpy and not really suited to our passing game. Kofi "two sugars" took his goals well and is getting better each time i see him play. I think everyone played well today but i must say how impressed i am with Harry, who is an excellent full back and is also improving with every game.

I thought the ref was poor and allowed the Chertsey players to get at him, often giving free kicks after he heard a complaint from them. However, i think Chertsey are doing well, seeing as Spencer Day has pulled the plug and taken alot of players with him. Talking with a few of their fans it seems they are concerned about relegation, but i feel they are too good for that to happen.

All in all, a good day at the office....

WELL DONE EVERYONE :D

A satisfying and very welcome win, against a hard working Chertsey side, who were fairly limited but should have enough about them to stay up.

Kofi and Dan were both excellent and I thought all of the squad battled well and tried to play good football on a difficult pitch.

All in all, a very good result.