Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tivoli road end

michael

Admittedly i am clutching at straws here, but if we roll back 18 months-as announced the club had (repotedly) funding in place and was ready to go with the Tivoli road end.

Then-Travelodge came on the scene and understandably the build was halted at the tivoli road end as it made sense to do the both sides together.

Now 18 months is a long time in politics/development and economic climate-and things change/people change their mind etc etc.

That given-is the club actually where it was 18 months ago-and is there a way forward whereby this side of the development/pitches/ground could still be proceedable;whilst in the background, another two years is taken up with another hotel (or other industry/commercial )developer for the 'hotel side'.

If if if anything were to happen on the 'hotel' side-it will doubtless be a different layout so all the planning process again.

At least you get something done and the development is commenced buying you time on the planning approval.

First to agree that i am no doubt pushing the boat out-and i suspect it is down to funding as ever (although 18 months ago-allegedly it was in place for this bit-just thje hotel made it easier but again-things change in those 18 months. )

I guess i have been brought up through business with the motto-'there is always a way' (the skill is finding it)

The club wouldn't enterain the idea of a new stand down the bottom end because it was hoped a new ground would be coming soon & that that would include a new stand..Sadly thats not to be the case now so can either the club,with the cash from the sale of Kwesi, now manage somehow to get that sorted. Changing rooms would be nice too. However the stand is vital i.m.o.

I can't ask CE the question as my computer dosen't seem to like the link given for questions to him.I will be mentioning it to him when I see him though.

If the club can't do it or can't afford to do it can us the supporters help by raising funds to do it. Ramsgate fans did it so why can't we? Bravo Ramsgate fans for that. Maybe MFC fans & the club can pitch in together to get us a tivoli road end stand built now!

Edited by Cookie

We would need cement as well Mark or else it could be,

U-blow, U-blow, it all fell down.

A terraced version of the 'temporary' seated stands by arena group that we currently have would improve the Coffin End a great deal, adding atmosphere and providing cover. And I don't believe the cost would be prohibitive. I would certainly be interested in contributing if MISA was to set up a fund to pay for something like this.

I was discussing this very thing with a colleague at the game yesterday and do think it is worth considering. After all, we have been at grounds where the accommodation is of a similar nature.

going back to my first post-no-one has actually said why this can't now happen.

After all-it was exactly what was officially advised as was going to happen 18 months ago before Tlodge came into the equation.

I'm not for one minute expecting it to-as circumstances change-but it was the 'original plan';to develop that to buy time to get something done on the changing room side.

Agree-nothing wrong with red seats-who gives a damn-get that alongside the additional seating area-then as CE says-two similar 'standing units at the tivoli road end at new price i believe for standing about £5K and seating about £7k;and all of a sudden-you have a 'proper ground' for probably £20k.

I think after lving with this for 7 years-there will be serious spectator slippage ,apart from the absolute die-hards.

I've never advocated it before-but maybe now the club does need to give something back to the fans.Just to do something ,would lighten spirits, create a better atmosphere,maybe just maybe generate better results and help HDP become a 'fortress; and put maybe 50 on attendances as facilities are marginally improved.

Overheads would remain the same so that investment (ok £20k has to be found) would pay for itself in one and a half seasons if it got 50 more to attend(or prevented 50 noit attending any more )

Now how much did the club get get in the Kwesi 'windfall' ?.

Edited by michael

going back to my first post-no-one has actually said why this can't now happen.

After all-it was exactly what was officially advised as was going to happen 18 months ago before Tlodge came into the equation.

I'm not for one minute expecting it to-as circumstances change-but it was the 'original plan';to develop that to buy time to get something done on the changing room side.

Agree-nothing wrong with red seats-who gives a damn-get that alongside the additional seating area-then as CE says-two similar 'standing units at the tivoli road end at new price i believe for standing about £5K and seating about £7k;and all of a sudden-you have a 'proper ground' for probably £20k.

I think after lving with this for 7 years-there will be serious spectator slippage ,apart from the absolute die-hards.

I've never advocated it before-but maybe now the club does need to give something back to the fans.Just to do something ,would lighten spirits, create a better atmosphere,maybe just maybe generate better results and help HDP become a 'fortress; and put maybe 50 on attendances as facilities are marginally improved.

Overheads would remain the same so that investment (ok £20k has to be found) would pay for itself in one and a half seasons if it got 50 more to attend(or prevented 50 noit attending any more )

Now how much did the club get get in the Kwesi 'windfall' ?.

And if at some point the ground is redeveloped, the club can sell the new covered area to another club. After all, we bought a set of floodlights from Dartford about 20 years ago.