Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Basildon United Football Club

It's really sad to read about Basildon United's plight however I can't see the Club going down without a fight of Hagler v Hearns or Leonard v Duran proportions and then over Basil-Don's dead body:

http://www.gateway978.com/2012/03/basildon-resign-from-esl/

Mr Rhodes, you pop up here, you pop up there, you pop up everywhere,

But you always talk in pointless cliches & never provide actual answers or give good information. If you are such a classy operator, how about you get your hands dirty & help Mr Basil save the great club of Basildon. it is sad that a big big town cannot support the local team.

how about you get your hands dirty & help Mr Basil save the great club of Basildon. it is sad that a big big town cannot support the local team

Basil-Don has got my phone number if he needs me for anything

• 3 weeks later...

Have there been any further developments in the Basildon situation at all? It would be a shame for the club to fold, given the size of Basildon you would think it would be easier to sustain a senior side.

Having played for both Basildon clubs (Town 04-06, Utd 08-09) it does seem to me that the grounds have been a hinderance to clubs in the past. What is the siutation with CPOs and the like now? I recall that when I was at Bas Town, there was a lot of talk of re-location, has the re-development talk in that area of Basildon all died down now? I've also wondered before whether the problems of the club is down, in part, to location. Gardiners is on the edge of town and, due to main roads, quite difficult to reach (by anything other than car, though believe me, that's a challenge in the winter months too), has the club had any recent discussions about playing at Gloucester Park (or elsewhere in the town)?

Also, and this is a very naive question I am aware, but how much does it cost to run the club? (having read these posts in interest, it seemed to me that theres no mention of the figures that are involved in saving the club, which would seem to be something fairly fundamental in knowing whether or not it could be done)

I'd like to point out, before I am attacked, that I am just genuinely interested to know the facts about what is going on at the club, I'm not attacking anybody or trying to pretend I have answers that others haven't - but, I would appreciate a response (if anyone knows the answers to my questions).

Finally, good luck!

Edited by LP3