Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Remaining fixtures!

Going to have a bet on the following, doubt it will come in but just a bit of fun:

Rebels v Chalfont W

St Neots v Uxbridge D

Rebels v Bedfont W

St Neots v Marlow W

Rebels v SYCOB W

St Neots v Biggleswade D

Rebels v Bedworth D

St Neots v Fleet W

Rebels v Leighton W

St Neots v North Greenford W

Rebels v Woodford W

St Neots v Ashford D

Got a feeling we'll end up with 95 points and St Neots with 94 points!

I STILL BELIEVE, COME ON YOU REBELS!

I think that St Neots could well drop points against Uxbridge and Biggleswade, so we must ensure that we don't fall asleep and churn out another North Greenford type-performance and throw away our good work again!

Going to have a bet on the following, doubt it will come in but just a bit of fun:

Rebels v Chalfont W

St Neots v Uxbridge D

Rebels v Bedfont W

St Neots v Marlow W

Rebels v SYCOB W

St Neots v Biggleswade D

Rebels v Bedworth D

St Neots v Fleet W

Rebels v Leighton W

St Neots v North Greenford W

Rebels v Woodford W

St Neots v Ashford D

Got a feeling we'll end up with 95 points and St Neots with 94 points!

I STILL BELIEVE, COME ON YOU REBELS!

i think you could be right but im not sure st neots will draw at home to ashford on the last day of the season. so it is theirs to lose right now.

Edited by staines_rebel_Jr

I admire your way of thinking Cookham Rebel, you have converted to an optimist. Now all we need to do is

convert 3 Spirit and Hotspur (difficult job that one though).

I'm an optimistic pessimist or sometimes a pessimistic optimist! lol!

Cookham Rebel has become a fence sitter !

I admire your way of thinking Cookham Rebel, you have converted to an optimist. Now all we need to do is

Not a fence sitter 3spirit, there is just a time for criticism and this season we cannot criticise, the team has been superb! After my pre season rant, if someone had said we would have been 2nd and still in with a shout of winning the league with 6 games remaining i'd have bitten their arm off! I've been proved wrong and long may it continue!

In most leagues an average of 2 points per game will see you pretty much at or very near the top of the table. That's true of the Championship, League 1, League 2 and Conference North. There's a couple of anomalies with Fleetwood amassing a huge total in Conference National and Woking leading Conference South.

For those who suggest we shouldn't have lost in the manner we have to some teams then consider this........If someone had offered us the chance after 36 games to be unbeaten having won a game then drawn a game and repeating that sequence etc., we'd have bitten their hand off. That would have given us 72 points. We currently have 79!

I've said for ages that huge credit should go to the players and management for being even remotely close to St Newts given the challenges we have and I'll stick by that. This season has been exceptional and it will still be exceptional even if we finish second and have to enter the playoffs.

COME ON YOU REBELS!!

Not a fence sitter 3spirit, there is just a time for criticism and this season we cannot criticise, the team has been superb! After my pre season rant, if someone had said we would have been 2nd and still in with a shout of winning the league with 6 games remaining i'd have bitten their arm off! I've been proved wrong and long may it continue!

Look I understand,CR, but I still believe that honesty is the best policy.

Admittedly though,sometimes tact needs to be applied to keep the forum police off your back, and also it is the right principle to take for written form,as this,when reading, can often be misconstrued and seen to be offensive,when this is not always what you're trying to imply.

This year IMO,Slough have pulled together and Steve Bateman and team deserve the plaudits.The huge improvement has been in defence and I see that, by adding NBH and Alex Brown we have been able to intimidate the opposition by the size of our players before a ball has even been kicked.Something that is often underestimated.Most players these days are not the fearless tacklers of old and don't always have the bottle to get stuck in.So size plays a part. Take for example,Bury Town,champions a few seasons ago,their team was a beefed up big pack, who took no prisoners and they beat many a team,in the psychological way by the sheer size of them,in all areas of the pitch.

Like Slough,they played good football,too and weren't just a team of bullies.Conference football is often made up of these sorts of sides.This component has been a big plus on last years Slough team.

All the players in the squad deserves credit for the comraderie and effort they've shown,in this most exciting of seasons.Having the experience to call on of people like Steve Perkins,Ben Abbey,Ollie Burgess,Adam Logie has certainly helped,when the team needs a different dimension to their play.

Also we're blessed with four very good forwards,who would get in most teams in this division and a quite a few teams higher.

My own perceived limitation to this seasons squad is that we're an ageing team.

Regardless of what division we're in next season,I would like to see 3 players aged between 19-23 added to our squad.Our midfield needs younger legs at times and this would add pace to our play.This is the one thing that hasn't been addressed by many of Steve Bateman's assembled squads since he's been at Slough.

Ashford's team were a good example of a team in progress,as are Chalfont St Peter.We have experience on our side but this isn't the only thing we need,at times.

And before everyone says it.....I know!, this season isn't over yet and our ageing squad can still get us promoted !!!

Picking up on Ians stats about 2 points a game.

Since the begining of January we have played 14 games and picked up 28 points - spot on 2 points a game.

However in the 23 previous games we picked up 52 points - a rate of 2.26 points a game.

If we had maintained the 2.26 rate in the new year this would have given us an extra 3.64 points - 3 or 4 points.

This would then have made the race much tighter, yet yesterday we throw away the opertunity to put pressure on the newts.

With the newts superior goal difference we need to pick up 4 extra points than them in now only 5 games.

9 men with 7 minutes to go.

They just kicked everything that moved including us. We are not going into win all our games but position is same as before yesterday's game but the games are ticking down and only 5 to go. 4 wins and that's it if slough win all of their game. Will they ! Doubt it.

Haven't exactly won with ease since they beat st Neots.

Could be over by Monday week.

Transfer deadline has passed now we added 2 players i think one 18 year old and one 22 year old not much of a cheque book there.

Still dare say you would like to have that ability to sign who you want.

Also yesterday we were missing 3 key players injured, and 2 playing their first game for 4 weeks, so not such a bad result.

9 men with 7 minutes to go.

They just kicked everything that moved including us. We are not going into win all our games but position is same as before yesterday's game but the games are ticking down and only 5 to go. 4 wins and that's it if slough win all of their game. Will they ! Doubt it.

Haven't exactly won with ease since they beat st Neots.

Could be over by Monday week.

Saints Alive, I wouldn't say we've won any game with ease this season, we have been consistent that's it!

If you win the league, I'm sure all of us on here will congratulate St Neots, however, a lot can happen in 5 games of football and we won't give up the fight! Also, well done on signing 2 new players and holding out yesterday with players missing and players coming back from injury, never heard of that happen before in football!

With your squad, facilities and budget you should win this league but you haven't and won't run away with it, we're still in this!

COME ON YOU REBELS!

Facilities yes they can be seen, budget no one knows what it is, but I really do believe that it is in line with sloughs.

I heard after we played you (ear wiggling) that we tried to sign nbh when he was going to sign for you was made an offer and turned it down for more money from slough. apparently we could not compete with his wages.

True don't know, Steven Moore wages not a clue. So it's all subjective.

St Neots have a very young team, maybe you should give the manager and chairman more credit. You don't pay young players lots of money only the experienced ones. St Neots have only one player over 28 yrs. most are under 24 yrs.