Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

GOOD FORWARDS or BAD DEFENCES ?

I stand corrected, but I believe it may well be possible that for the 1st time ever, the top 6 teams of the CCL Premier could all have 100+ 'Goals For' (GF) only Egham need 4 goals in 4 games, but Molesey's task is somewhat harder to get 9 goals in 4 games.

So what does this tell us ?... CCL Premier have good forwards or bad defences ?

(nb)

I do appreciate that its not just the forwards and defences, it's a team as a whole who has the repsonsibility for scoring and letting in goals, but you know what I mean....... ;) !!!

Interesting !

Anyone have any views on this ?

Take a look at past tables NG - a few seasons back 8 teams passed the 100 goal mark albeit from a 46 match programme.

Defences have tightened but you get some exceptional years when better forwards prevail (AFC Wimbledon scoring 180 goals in 2003/4 for example). Next season with Guernsey could be another.

http://www.ccleague.co.uk/archive/prevtab.htm

I think that you have to look at goal difference to get the real picture. Apologies for stating the bleedin' obvious, but there will be teams who have a reasonable defence and therefore have a good GA record but crap strikers so the may draw or win/lose 1-0. Whereas the strong GF figures show good striking capabilities and/or poor opposition defence. My father always said that the best form of defence, is attack, as you wont win games by camping in your own half. As I have said in other topics on the forum, I think it will be interesting next season when GFC play in the premier, as I think we are a 'second half' winning side, because of the stamina our lads have, and the way that in a difficult game we can grind out a result from that dogged determination. At the end of the day, Goal difference is only useful if you are level on points with another team vying for the same position. I have been impressed with a lot of the striking and defending of teams this year, but it seems that efforts tend to peter out around the 50-70 minute mark, which is when the Lions pounce!

I think that you have to look at goal difference to get the real picture. Apologies for stating the bleedin' obvious, but there will be teams who have a reasonable defence and therefore have a good GA record but crap strikers so the may draw or win/lose 1-0. Whereas the strong GF figures show good striking capabilities and/or poor opposition defence. My father always said that the best form of defence, is attack, as you wont win games by camping in your own half. As I have said in other topics on the forum, I think it will be interesting next season when GFC play in the premier, as I think we are a 'second half' winning side, because of the stamina our lads have, and the way that in a difficult game we can grind out a result from that dogged determination. At the end of the day, Goal difference is only useful if you are level on points with another team vying for the same position. I have been impressed with a lot of the striking and defending of teams this year, but it seems that efforts tend to peter out around the 50-70 minute mark, which is when the Lions pounce!

..............so that's good forwards then yeah.......... ;) !!!

Edited by NICE GUY

Take a look at past tables NG - a few seasons back 8 teams passed the 100 goal mark albeit from a 46 match programme.

Defences have tightened but you get some exceptional years when better forwards prevail (AFC Wimbledon scoring 180 goals in 2003/4 for example). Next season with Guernsey could be another.

http://www.ccleague....ive/prevtab.htm

Cheers GF above link was informative.

Yeah noticed an extra 4 games in those days but still impressive.

..............so that's good forwards then yeah.......... ;) !!!

and defence - which is where I usually sit :lol4: