Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

An absolute disgrace

I watch non league football because it is usually played in the right spirit but tonight I have heard of an event at tooting which is making me doubt my love for non league football.

Tooting played wealdstone at home tonight and did not play a goalkeeper,losing 6-0.

This is effectively throwing the game,this is a disgrace to anyone involved in the club and in my mind they should be thrown as far down the pyramid as possible.

It matters not one bit to us if wealdstone smash them or anyone else smashes them in their last two games but effectively throwing a game is completely wring and I never thought I would see the day this was such.

This is no fault of wealdstones who turned up to play the game but Tooting,you ate a complete disgrace to football.I hope you rot in park football.

Robotics other result was concord 4 East Thurrock 5

Here's a first EU I totally agree with you.

There must be or should be a rule against this. I feel really sorry for all the teams that have played forty games chasing a play off spot only for the league to be thrown into farce with these cheating scummers.

Throw them out.

It's not a rumour,or at least I have been told it's not.

They got rid of Darren behcet last week,think they played a youth keeper Saturday but for whatever reason didn't play one tonight.

If a team cannot field a recognised goalkeeper the game should be postponed,if it's a scenario for the rest of the season then every result should be awarded as a 3-0 to the side playing.

If there is a valid reason then the game should be replayed at a later date.But under no circumstance should a club take to the field with no goalkeeper.

To be honest,the attitude at the club the other week by some of their officials was a joke,laughing openly about how the players haven't been paid,how the manager asked them to go to the changing rooms and one said "not until we have been paid" then laughing at brown the manager.

seems like their 7 year plan is going well. To be honest sometimes you need a bit of luck with the fixture list. a few years ago when Croydon Athletic were in our division we had to play them at full strength. 2 weeks after we played them their money ran out and I don't think they picked up a point for the rest of that season.

Tends to happen alot at our level unfortunately.

It does matter to at least one Hornchurch player unfortunately, you did say Richard Jolly got a hat-trick (and in the first half too)

nonleaguelive.com is showing Cray v Lowestoft still at half-time, but I believed this game is next Tuesday, which is right?

Forget the golden boot,am sure touhy would rather be playing conf south football than winning a poxy scoring chart.

As for Lowestoft v cray,yes it's next Tuesday.

If tooting cannot field a goalkeeper they should notify the league who would probably make a special dispensation for another goalkeeper to be brought in,at least then it would be in the leagues hands.

Say wealdstone beat someone to the play offs by one goal,surely that's wrong???

I know he'd rather go up than win the golden boot, but I'm sure he'd like both

BTW anyone know why did they let Darren go?

Disagree with most of the views in this thread. Tooting must put what's right for them first, providing they stay within the rules of the competition. As Barry said above it's often the luck of the draw at this end of the season as to what strength side you'll face from clubs who have no further interest.

The Croydon Athletic example is very pertinant.

Any way, amongst all the critiscism does any one know how many, if any, of Wealdstones six were "saveable"? From what I've read elsewhere the whole Tooting team were pretty crap.

I fail to see how not putting a recognised goalie in the side can be anything short of basically throwing a game.

Yes they have already been relegated but surely a goalkeeper should be the first thing you put in your team.

I agree with you regarding the luck of the draw but for me,this goes way beyond that.If they can find 11 outfield players then they can find a goalkeeper.They let a goalkeeper go a few days ago,why not keep that goalie and release an outfield player.Surely they have youth players,surely a club owes it to their fans,the fans of other clubs and the league to ensure that they can fulfill their fixtures in the correct manor.

I fail to see how not putting a recognised goalie in the side can be anything short of basically throwing a game.

Yes they have already been relegated but surely a goalkeeper should be the first thing you put in your team.

I agree with you regarding the luck of the draw but for me,this goes way beyond that.If they can find 11 outfield players then they can find a goalkeeper.They let a goalkeeper go a few days ago,why not keep that goalie and release an outfield player.Surely they have youth players,surely a club owes it to their fans,the fans of other clubs and the league to ensure that they can fulfill their fixtures in the correct manor.

The word was that Bechet walked out, possibly because he was not getting paid, can't believe it would happen to any well run club.

In our quest for the play offs and a Wed eve in Upminster, the goal difference is not an issue. Even if we won 1 nil we would still be sixth and looking at the rest of the Tooting squad they have very little to offer.

You see other clubs putting out weakened teams for one reason or another but I would imagine there's always a recognised goalkeeper starting. OK so Tooting are not playing well generally, but I don't think you stand a chance without a goalkeeper starting.

I wonder how Tooting fans feel about all this?

Hi stoney,personally after Saturday I would love another crack at your boys in the play offs,especially at our gaff.

I like you,can't believe a club would let it go thus far as to not have a keeper.Surely once the keeper walks out,the league should be contacted and they (the league) decide what action to take.

I understand entirely the point you are making, EU, but just don't agree that it's tantamount to "throwing" a game. Why would they do that? I don't know why they didn't have a Keeper available, But if they didn't, and the guy they stuck between the sticks was the next best thing, then they've done all they could.

A lot of the moral indignation over this comes from those who feel threatened by Wealdstone nicking a play-off spot. I think that's dual standards. There's a certain irony in a big spending club like Lewes being undone by Tooting not being able to afford to pay there keeper. #justsaying

to be honest i dislike Lewes and would rather wealdstone get to the play offs but i like things to be done properly.

I just can't believe a club can not find a keeper,hopefully more is shed on this,maybe they did contact the league and the league ratified this but every team should field a recognised goalkeeper and by not doing so i believe is almost admitting defeat.

What's wrong with Lewes R, surely you like going down there and seeing your sister? Was a nice footie pub and a nice second pub that did open mic, they loved my Wuthering Heights (don't remember much after that, not least the game...) Anyway Wealdstone are probably the better side of the two given by their goal difference.

And would anyone complain if Sunderland put O'Shea in goal if Mignolet, Gordon and Westwood were all out? Or West Ham played Lansbury there after his good job when Green was sent off? Remember when Everton had to bring Westerveld in for two games? And the (in)famous Jimmy Glass story?!