Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Attracting new fans

How about doing a beer festival. I have been reading about real ale and sports, mainly football and cricket, and it seems that a few clubs throughout the country, league and non league, are widely patnership with local breweries for income and sponsership. The are around 150 micro breweries in Essex and hundreds around London. I think a beer festival would bring in local people who don't come to watch the football but may well if we can get a hand pump installed and advertise the club while doing a beer fest. I would be happy to help or organise with a little help and think that if we do it we can maybe speak to one of the breweries we use about sponsorship.

What do you think?

Hi - Whilst the Supporters Association provide support to the Club matters regarding partnerships/bar income/sponsorship are for the Club itself to decide upon. I think that potentially this is a good idea. If you have contacts then probably best to pass the details on to the Club direct on 01708 220080. I am sure that they would appreciate any help/leads.

• 2 weeks later...

O.K. its an old Chestnut, we often loose new fans especially families with kids because of the SWEARING. I and others around the ground can tell you about friends who have come for the first time with kids but don't come back again. Of course swearing is all part of football and no one would expect otherwise. My idea is to have a family stand. In the seating stand on the Eastside you cannot hear much noise from the Eastsiders or from the benches. Its worth a try to designate this as a family stand and for those wishing to avoid said language. P.A. announcements could be made to endorse this and to encourage new fans that we are a family club. NOW SLAUGHTER ME.

I put the following on a post on the CC Forum, barring a few word changes, but hope it helps here:

'The main thing is to attract more fans and build up a good supporter base.

Charity games are usually good for this - I was at Malvern last summer when they did a Help For Heroes day. They had a BBQ, Quad Bikes and two 90 minute matches between Aston Villa Fans and Wolves Fans and Manchester United Fans and Liverpool Fans. They raised £5,000 on the day as well as their profile within the community.

Also, what about pre-booking a friendly with a local side for November to raise money for Children In Need. That's always a big charity event - or why not stage a League XI v Celebrity XI there for a chosen charity. Here's a link which could be useful:http://www.endofyour...unitedhome.html.

Book acts for the clubhouse (send me a PM if you need advice on booking) and stage Summer Football Camps to get the kids fit and active and off the PS3/XBox. Plus, it gives Mum and Dad a break!

One for the future - try and get a big name side to come down for pre-season! If Westfields (Herefordshire/Cider Country not Woking!) can get Blackburn down for a game on the 25th then with a bit of luck and ingenuity you might get a Premiership/League side to visit one day.'

Edited by AdamKing(wasAK11)

we are waiting for Tottenham and West Ham to confirm Pre season games.

I like the children in need game idea

The clubhouse actually does well with functions and we do do other things like darts nights,karaoke,quizes etc,our main problem is getting people through the turnstyles on match days