Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Attracting new fans

Or keeping those that were there yesterday.

I know it has been done before but as we are moving up a league I thought I would re open the discussion.

Also we have a committee meeting Thursday at the club where the owners will be in attendance so Its something we could possibly talk about

Here is my ideas

Under 16's free entry

Under 12's free entry if accompanied by an adult

Matchday mascots

Local youth football teams playing a mini 5 a side match at half time in the better months

Catering stepped up,I think having better food outlets can only improve the quality of the day out,ie more range of foods,pies,rolls etc etc

Anyone else got ideas??

As we're gonna be playing with the big boys will that mean admission prices going up? Guess it will.

Good start Rob, key thing here is to get the youngsters involved so (hopefully) they'll bring the parents along too.

There's soccer schools and saturday morning clubs etc again for youngsters but much of that is dependent on Hornchurch resources being available.

What I would do though is encapsulate all this stuff under some sort of a scheme - "AFC Hornchurch Football in the Community" for instance so we can publicise this and promote it along the lines of .... "As part of AFC Hornchurch's football in the community scheme we offer ...... etc etc".

Advertising needs to be beefed up. What about match posters? I don't mean just doing it for 1 match - it needs to be sustained on a match by match basis to build the awareness. Perhaps we can get costs plus find local places willing to display them.

I'd grow the social media side of things. It can't be underestimated how much interest this can generate. Wealdstone's use of Twitter for instance was excellent in their build up to their PO Semi .. and during the match itself plus post match. Agreed, not everyone uses Twitter or FB but they are useful advertising tools.

Andy.

Edited by andydick

The problem with fixture cards is the fixtures change so often.I know with the Supporters Association we have talked about publishing the next 6 or so games on a leaflet.

Social media needs to be upped,wealdstone and their fans bombard it.We all need to realise twitter is a valuable tool which isn't going away and start using it like every other club in non league seems to.

Posters are good but it needs more than a couple of people to sort them out.We can get the recorder ones printed for free but they do take up alot of space and some shops only like smaller posters

We all need to realise twitter is a valuable tool which isn't going away and start using it like every other club in non league seems to.

I'm happy to own the Twitter stuff but I'd be best served using the @AFCHornchurch account rather than the @AFVHornchurchLv account I created to publish the live match events.

Anyone know who owns the @AFCHornchurch Twitter account? Last used on 25th Feb until yesterday (a single tweet stating we'd been promoted). Has almost 1000 followers so I'd make good use of that.

Andy.

Edited by andydick

Or keeping those that were there yesterday.

I know it has been done before but as we are moving up a league I thought I would re open the discussion.

Also we have a committee meeting Thursday at the club where the owners will be in attendance so Its something we could possibly talk about

Here is my ideas

Under 16's free entry

Under 12's free entry if accompanied by an adult

Matchday mascots

Local youth football teams playing a mini 5 a side match at half time in the better months

Catering stepped up,I think having better food outlets can only improve the quality of the day out,ie more range of foods,pies,rolls etc etc

Anyone else got ideas??

Can supporters come to this one? Or is that the one on the 7th June?

When you say half decent,what you got in mind???

Personally I would like to see a team plucked from nowhere,someone like Nottingham Forest or Sheffield Wednesday at the bridge on a July afternoon,with a BBQ going and a bit of a party atmosphere etc,get the place buzzing again like yesterday.

Now we are conference south we must be able to attract west ham and at least another decent football league side

R how about trying to attract a half decent team to play us in a friendly?

Wasn't there some thing shortly after we played Grimsby about doing a pre-season friendly with them?

Good idea if so, but they come to ours?

Worth a try. don't ask, don't get......

I bet yellow asked and got last night!!!