Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Attracting new fans

It seems that a lot of good ideas will cost us initially with the hope that more numbers make this up.

Pre-match and Half Time entertainment. Kids 5 a-sides are normally entertaining plus parents may come.

Crossbar challenge for Supporters Associate members. Prize = £15 beer voucher (5 pints)

Programme draw. Winner gets a signed Shirt or Ball.

Happy hour from 6 onwards to keep people in the bar.

If pre-ordered:- Basket meals for after the game.

If allowed with league rules I would do kids (u16)

Free.

The £2 entry hasn't really worked as well as it could. As we know more money can be made from add ons, drinks , burgers, chips, chocs etc. even club shop sales.

Most kids won't come in their own so will bring a friend so double bubble. May even bring an adult along. (great for attendance figures.)

Some great ideas,I will print these all off and take them to tonights meeting.

We have our AGM on 7th June (will confirm later) but these ideas and more would be good bounced around then as well

I would look to sell crisps/cans/sweets in the club shop to a) get people in and B) take some pressure off the burger van at peak periods

We are going to have to raise the bar now we are in Connie. Excellent potential for extra revenue. Get the old club shop back, kick out the directors they can have a section in the clubhouse where they may even buy a round.

As stated on the other thread,our old club shop would be a wonderful readdition,perhaps the club could look at this.

The club shop at present was probably ok for a while but was rushed a bit due to us not having one and was probably all we could do at the time.

It could now be used to store stock etc

The sad thing is,that there is so much space in the ground,there is lots that could be done but we simply don't own the ground.

Would bring back pies,straight away,balti ones at that.keep the ideas coming though chaps

Never heard of that before,in all honesty sounds a bit complicated to me but I am rather simple

Rob, I just sent you a PM about this where I tried to explain it properly, but have found another club (Clyde) who also do it, this is how it is laid out....

2011-12 Season Tickets include the following benefits:

• 18 fully transferable vouchers that you can use as and when you wish during the Third Division campaign. If you miss a match, bring a friend to another!
  • Guaranteed purchase of a ticket (if required) for every cup match
  • £10 discount per person for up to four people on matchday hospitality
  • Two 10% off vouchers for Club Shop merchandise (one per item)

An Added Value season ticket is a new category that provides additional benefits and allows you to make an even bigger commitment to the club:

• Single grid weekly entry to Clyde FC Lottery for every week of the season
  • Entry into the half-time draw at every home match at Broadwood
  • FREE entry to the Ramsdens Cup match against Berwick Rangers on 23rd July
  • FREE entry to the Second Round of the Scottish Cup (if home)
  • FREE entry to any home friendlies organised during the season

Regarding the selling of the merchandise, how about having a small selection of items available in the clubhouse before and after the games as well as the club shop? Maybe having a little table displaying the items and having this as close to the entry door as possible so it catches peoples attention.

BRING BACK THE PIES

I remember having a pie floater at the Adelaide Oval, just what it says... a pie floating in a dish of what looked like eel liquour.

Luvly jubbly!

Edited by paokman

Never heard of that before,in all honesty sounds a bit complicated to me but I am rather simple

Rob, I just sent you a PM about this where I tried to explain it properly, but have found another club (Clyde) who also do it, this is how it is laid out....

2011-12 Season Tickets include the following benefits:

• 18 fully transferable vouchers that you can use as and when you wish during the Third Division campaign. If you miss a match, bring a friend to another!
  • Guaranteed purchase of a ticket (if required) for every cup match
  • £10 discount per person for up to four people on matchday hospitality
  • Two 10% off vouchers for Club Shop merchandise (one per item)

An Added Value season ticket is a new category that provides additional benefits and allows you to make an even bigger commitment to the club:

• Single grid weekly entry to Clyde FC Lottery for every week of the season
  • Entry into the half-time draw at every home match at Broadwood
  • FREE entry to the Ramsdens Cup match against Berwick Rangers on 23rd July
  • FREE entry to the Second Round of the Scottish Cup (if home)
  • FREE entry to any home friendlies organised during the season

Some good ideas but too complicated I feel. The problem is not enough new supporters will lay out say £150 on a season ticket when they have not been regulars. Those that are already season ticket holders will probably renew without all the add ons. In summary I don't think altering the season ticket formula will make any real difference in income. We need to find a way to get more of the potential 7-800 sunny day urchins fans to return.

Or keeping those that were there yesterday.

I know it has been done before but as we are moving up a league I thought I would re open the discussion.

Also we have a committee meeting Thursday at the club where the owners will be in attendance so Its something we could possibly talk about

Here is my ideas

Under 16's free entry

Under 12's free entry if accompanied by an adult

Matchday mascots

Local youth football teams playing a mini 5 a side match at half time in the better months

Catering stepped up,I think having better food outlets can only improve the quality of the day out,ie more range of foods,pies,rolls etc etc

Anyone else got ideas??

A student/young adult admission price may be a good consideration? A number of people I know would be a lot more likely to attend regularly if there was a price in between the children and adult price especially now we have been promoted. Also, a student season ticket price could help to get more people over the bridge regularly which will generate money as they will hopefully spend money whilst they are at the game. Just a suggestion I know it may not be feasible....