Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Attracting new fans

good idea the student / young person reduced ticket prices has worked very well at many football league grounds over the last few seasons

Re students/youngsters - the club already has

a separate reduced concessions price for students (and over 60s) i.e. £6 last year (v £9 for adults)

and

a separate price for under 16s - £2 last year

and

the Supporters Association also gave out free season tickets for 11 & unders (accompanied by a paying adult) last year

see ....http://www.afchornchurch.com/admission.htm

Re students/youngsters - the club already has

a separate reduced concessions price for students (and over 60s) i.e. £6 last year (v £9 for adults)

and

a separate price for under 16s - £2 last year

and

the Supporters Association also gave out free season tickets for 11 & unders (accompanied by a paying adult) last year

see ....http://www.afchornch...m/admission.htm

Maybe it's a matter of advertisement then, cheers

Couldn't have been 30, Orient don't get that many.

I will probably get lynched for saying this but the whole football experience is sadly not just about football,it's about many other things.

A) our burgers are sh1t,no disrespect to the people that cook them but there is no taste to them,at some grounds I look forward to their burgers,at ours they are last resort,our sausages are not much better but bearable but I would eat elsewhere beforehand if I can.They are cheap and you can tell but if that's the best way of making money then so be it,our chips are ok.We should branch out with the catering more to include pies,balti or steak and kidney.If you don't like burgers,hot dogs & chips then you're fcked and many people don't like the above so why limit ourselves to this???

Crisps,sweets and chocolates would be a good seller,could be sold in the club shop and entice more people in.

B) we may get a west Ham x1 down but we probably won't attract a similar size club down and to be honest I am glad of it,leave it to the first round of the cup.A league one or two side would be good though but if we did bring one of the above down then we need to put on a show,make people come back

C) the bar,the bar is good,service is very good and quick,the area looks the best it has for years as does the outside.The tiles at the front need to be looked at as they are dangerous if loose but I assume this is something for us to do on clean up day.Also the toilets in the club need to be able to lock

D) club shop,as stated elsewhere in this thread it is inadequate for conf south IMO and as part of the committee who sanctioned it I take some blame in this although I believe for a ryman club it was just about sufficient.We rushed into it but it's horrible and would be better served as a storage space.No one wants to go in there.

For all of these suggestions and more,we need volunteers and more than we have at present though!!!

I apologise to anyone,fan or at the club if they are offended by any of the above but they are my views of a few things that would make the enjoyment of our club better for us and others

I will probably get lynched for saying this but the whole football experience is sadly not just about football,it's about many other things.

A) our burgers are sh1t,no disrespect to the people that cook them but there is no taste to them,at some grounds I look forward to their burgers,at ours they are last resort,our sausages are not much better but bearable but I would eat elsewhere beforehand if I can.They are cheap and you can tell but if that's the best way of making money then so be it,our chips are ok.We should branch out with the catering more to include pies,balti or steak and kidney.If you don't like burgers,hot dogs & chips then you're fcked and many people don't like the above so why limit ourselves to this???

Crisps,sweets and chocolates would be a good seller,could be sold in the club shop and entice more people in.

B) we may get a west Ham x1 down but we probably won't attract a similar size club down and to be honest I am glad of it,leave it to the first round of the cup.A league one or two side would be good though but if we did bring one of the above down then we need to put on a show,make people come back

C) the bar,the bar is good,service is very good and quick,the area looks the best it has for years as does the outside.The tiles at the front need to be looked at as they are dangerous if loose but I assume this is something for us to do on clean up day.Also the toilets in the club need to be able to lock

D) club shop,as stated elsewhere in this thread it is inadequate for conf south IMO and as part of the committee who sanctioned it I take some blame in this although I believe for a ryman club it was just about sufficient.We rushed into it but it's horrible and would be better served as a storage space.No one wants to go in there.

For all of these suggestions and more,we need volunteers and more than we have at present though!!!

I apologise to anyone,fan or at the club if they are offended by any of the above but they are my views of a few things that would make the enjoyment of our club better for us and others

Certainly agree with you re volunteers

Its all very well people coming up with lots of ideas however we have limited resources to help the Club

If more people were to come forward to lend a hand then we would undoubtedly be able to do much more

Please come to the Supporters Association AGM on 7th June to understand the Club's and the Supporters Association's priorities

And don't be shy in coming forward to help!

Don't beat yourself about the Club shop.

It had to move and is next to the Old One.

No one foresee a problem with that.

Views on this have been made in hindsight.

Feel it would be better placed nearer the turnstiles though.

Great having a supporters badge. Do we have a club badge?

Would be a good seller and of interest to away fans who collect such things.

Edited by Hornchurch "O"

Have left a message on Colin's phone to call me regarding Season Tickets. I have printed Season Tickets for the past few seasons and have all the templates on the PC. With promotion we could attract more Season Ticket holders so we don't want to delay in making them available.

Pricing is an issue. I am sure our adult admission price will rise (probably to £10) but it may be an idea to freeze Season Ticket prices as more people may then take them up and spend more inside the ground. If you have a Season Ticket you are more likely to attend a game on a wet Tuesday evening as you have already paid for admission.

Hopefully we can move this forward quickly.

Great having a supporters badge. Do we have a club badge?

Would be a good seller and of interest to away fans who collect such things.

A club badge would be good. Something simple with just the crest on it and the season years (2012-2013)

It would attract the collecters out there who come to our games.

Sales would be good im sure, even a few extra pounds would help the club!

Edited by Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch

• 2 weeks later...

How about doing a beer festival. I have been reading about real ale and sports, mainly football and cricket, and it seems that a few clubs throughout the country, league and non league, are widely patnership with local breweries for income and sponsership. The are around 150 micro breweries in Essex and hundreds around London. I think a beer festival would bring in local people who don't come to watch the football but may well if we can get a hand pump installed and advertise the club while doing a beer fest. I would be happy to help or organise with a little help and think that if we do it we can maybe speak to one of the breweries we use about sponsorship.

What do you think?

Hi all,

I have an idea, although why i should help you lot i dont know lol.

You have to look at your catchment area. I would say that the majority of your local people have come out of the east end. How about having pie and mash on a matchday? or jellied eels, prawns etc