Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonights Aldershot Senior Cup Final

Well done again. lads!!!

Deserved winners in the end against a Badshot Lea side who attacked with gusto, especially from halfway through the first half, but who were allowed to get away with too many cynical tackles from behind. I don't know what level the ref was, but I could hear Blur's "Parklife" in my head as he was far too lenient.

Fantastic opening goal in the 17th from our new star striker Samad Kazi, reminiscent of John Barnes's goal against Brazil. We really needed to get another goal while we were bossing the game, because Badshot Lea were tenacious and gave it a real go. We gave them a soft penalty equaliser on the half hour and didn't really get going again until the hour mark. Josh then settled our nerves (and helped us shut up the four Badshot Lea supporting chavs who came behind the goal with us) with a lovely, clean strike in the 66th, and Alex's 82nd minute opportunist effort made it safe.

Alex did well tonight but, in all honesty, I though Macca deserved man of the match as he made four or five excellent saves and was imposing throughout. i'd say that was probably Macca's best game for the club.

So...ninth place in the league and two cups. Who would have thought that at the start of the season? Immense credit to squad and management alike for what's been a brilliant campaign.

Middlesex Charity Cup, Aldershot Senior Cup, Surrey Senior Cup a few years back...we're multi-lingual!

Well chuffed !!!

And now a presentation evening on friday to round off, whats been a great week for the Tangerines.

Well done all!!!

Welldone Ashford Town AGAIN you did Middlesex proud.

Three other points I'd like to raise from the Aldershot Divisional FA Senior Challenge Cup final...

1) Intriguing to see Mark Butler, resplendent in Ashford club tie, mingling with our fans before kick-off (must remember to reclaim my tie off Beano sometime in the future!).

2) Nice work on the programme line-up - Badshot Lea listed 22 players, probably their entire squad, but our line-up showed just 16 names, who turned out to be our 11 starters and 5 subs.

3) I should really know this, but was that the first time Ashford have played a competitive game (or any game for that matter) at a current Football League ground?

I can't make the presentation night, sadly (something's come up which unfortunately takes precedence), but what a great finale to my / our season it's been. Have a great night at Laleham, everyone, and hope to see all or as many of you as possible on the pitch / in the dugouts / in the boardroom / on the terraces at the 'Parker' next season.

Make mine a "cup" double :wow: Well done lads :31: