Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SAD NEWS !

Sad news indeed. I am unsure why Bedfont Social Club couldn't agree to Gary Haylock's plans to run an academy there and presumably lose the income from a second tenant. I guess more will come out in due course.

As an aside, any ex-players from Bedfont Town of interest to us?

A further aside - might this reprieve Marlow?

Newly appointed local rivals they may have been, but it's still a shame to see an ambitious and successful club like Bedfont Town disappear so quickly.

Yes, Bedfont and now Bedfont Town....... its a real shame !

Whilst I appreciate they could the clubs savior, but unfortunately its far to often we read that when clubs are run by sugar daddy's, who have the clubs best interest at heart, (not always!) but feel they cannot continue for whatever reason so clubs fold. A lesson must must be learnt not to put all the eggs in one basket, otherwise we will continue to see clubs fold.....

Understand that with the demise of Bedfont Town, Feltham (current tenants) and Bedfont Social are running a team in the CCL Div. 1 under Bedfont & Feltham FC .....true ?

Correct about Bedfont & Feltham FC. I understand the name change may not happen until 2013-14, as Feltham have applied for the 2012-13 FA Vase under their current name.

Not sure you could really call Doug White a sugar daddy, as I think he'd been with the club since inception and supported the club more than financially - he certainly wasn't a 'here today gone tomorrow' kind of chairman.

I think Marlow will still be relegated. From what I can gather, Bedfont Town will now be classified as finishing bottom, so Marlow move up to 21st and Fleet Town move out of the relegation zone, but they'd been reprieved anyway. I think the reprieved club will be the Step 4 team who finished second from bottom with the best points per game ratio, and that might be Ware of Isthmian Division 1 North.

Edited by Swifty

Swifty, I think that as a team in their own league has folded Marlow will be offered the reprieve first

The belief at Ware is that Fleet are now reprieved because of Bedfont folding and that the next reprieve is due to Darlington going down to step 5 thus reprieving the next available club in the points per game ranking - Ware. Time will tell.