Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

We might lose our unique bracketed status...

An amateur team in Birmingham has applied to join the Midland Combination 2nd Division (a 'step 8' division) next season. Their name? Sutton United. What chance they'll add their county in brackets to their name to avoid confusion with their slightly better known namesakes?

Eddie -

so long as their opponents and fans don't pitch up in Gander Green Lane, they should be ok. By the way, what's it like living in Staines-Upon-Thames (or have the signs all now been re-located?)? :D

You did well Ed.

But sadly, even though it was the councils mistake, i am afraid you have been tainted with the yellow and blue of Stainz and therefor we have no option but to BAN YOU from the RPS ! ..... Its for your own good, Ed.

However, the above can be rectified buy buying me a pint.

An amateur team in Birmingham has applied to join the Midland Combination 2nd Division (a 'step 8' division) next season. Their name? Sutton United. What chance they'll add their county in brackets to their name to avoid confusion with their slightly better known namesakes?

Nah, I'm not worried. After all, there's at least two clubs called "Westfield" and neither of them has brackets. They're a lot closer to each other too, one's in Woking and the other's in Sussex.

Now, if this Sutton get to Step 5...