Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Excellent News!

Superb news that Macca, Russ, Ashley and Dan have signed for next season. Well done to the management for retaining arguably the spine of the team, and thanks to the four players for showing their faith in the club. Looking forward to hearing about more of last season's squad re-signing in the next few days.

Also pleased to hear that, despite Kiri's best efforts last season (only joking! :D ) we won the Fair Play Trophy. I'd like to think the committee will tell us the amount won for our efforts but, in any case, every little helps.

Of course, the only down side to all this news is that I'll have to renew my sponsorship of Russ for next season! ;)

Edited by Swifty

I echo Swifty's comments - very good news indeed. The Fair Play Award is also very welcome and further testament to the culture of the Club. If the cheque is 'sizeable', let's hope we don't have to hire a truck (although there are loads around the ground) to get it to the bank and pay it in.

Sorry - best I can do at this time of the morning.

Congratulations to all.

Remember Its AC that is saying the award will be "sizeable". His idea of "sizeable" should be questioned...... according to Lady Constable.

I am guessing .........15 quid lol

Great news on the lads signing for us, looking forward to another excellent season.

SILVERHUNTERS!!!!

Can I ask your good-selves re: the 'signing' of players for next season.

There always seems to be a lot of confusion on various non league forums as to when forms for signing players actually become available to clubs and then ratified by the league.

As your club have officially announced that you've 'signed' players for next season I thought you might be the best people to shed some light on this.

Very pleased to see six more valuable players have re-signed for next season. intrigued at the current absence of one or two players (no names - cough - Ed Thomas for one) but let's sit and wait.

Particularly pleased at the re-signing of Tyler Tobin. No dig at Macca at all, as he blossomed at the end of the season, I think he doesn't actually realise how good he is, and I hope Paul realises what I think of him after the cup final win over Northwood, but Tyler's a talent for the future who needs nurturing, and where better than at a friendly home-spun club wth an ex-keeper as manager.

No pressure on the lads for next season, as you can't predict what will happen and last season will take some beating, but I'm happy already.

Ed - agree that it pleasing to see another batch of players sign up for next season. I wouldn't worry about absent names, as its early days yet, not to mention GCSE exams and college exams maybe being an important distraction and holidays abroad for the luckier lads.

I feel quietly confident that next season will see further progress on and off the field. So different from this time 12 months ago. Whilst not wishing the 'summer' away, I am looking forward to next season and it is nice to have more home pre-season friendlies than in recent years. Which begs the question, "is the Jim Richardson Memorial game" against Staines Lammas going to be re-arranged?

Edited by Keith B

This just gets better. No less than fifteen players from last season already committed to the club for the next campaign. A real testament to the team spirit last season, the management style and the humble but happy way the club is run. What a difference from this time last year.

I assume Weighty's re-signed because he can be captain at the start of the season again when Russ is suspended! :lol:

Totally agree wit your post, Eddie. I am sure Weighty will be a huge presence for us, whether he wears the armband from time to time or not.