Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Someone needs to come Clean

But to be fair, they are getting something in return VPCFC, in that their away game will be streamed to their club FOC.

As usually "Public" performances are charged at a higher rate, perhaps GFC should charge those clubs for the privledge. GFC are not out to make a profit here, thr £2.99 wont't even cover their costs of flying the one cameraman to the match.

Edited by HKP

H.K.P.,That offer is a spratt to catch a Mackerel,Guernsey FC Average crowd 1300+,Lesser Clubs in CCL average crowds 40+,Sky started off with low prices to hook people in just like Guernsey did last year.£5/4 Entrance,Pre Season games free to Ticket Holders,this year £7/5 no FREE entry to pre season games.Then add in where are Guernsey going to show these games ONLINE,yeah great for Away games for the Islanders,as many do not travel,but where are they going to watch these games,either at home/Footes Lane when the Egg chasers are playing,or local pubs.The idea that they will keep the price so low,is misguided and you know it.My biggest gripe is that the CCL COMMITTEE has been caught with it's pants round it's ankles,Guernsey FC are a very professionally run outfit,but on this occassion they have shown me another side,someone new must of joined their Team,and sold them a great idea on paper,but unless the participants are in a agreement it will not work.Anyone know if the Camberley game is going to be screened,are their lights up to scratch,have the CCL given permission,have Camberley been approached,have even the CCL Committee met to discuss this very important proposal,that concerns ALL THEIR MEMBER CLUBS that they pay a fee to,to look after THEIR interests,have they even asked their CLUBS YET.

Channel TV have covered a number of matches at Footes Lane and all of the other Floodlight pitches in Guernsey and the quality has been fine.... They have done a couple of matches in the UK too.

Floodlights at the Corbet Field are over 20 years old..

Edited by HKP

But to be fair, they are getting something in return VPCFC, in that their away game will be streamed to their club FOC.

As usually "Public" performances are charged at a higher rate, perhaps GFC should charge those clubs for the privledge. GFC are not out to make a profit here, thr £2.99 wont't even cover their costs of flying the one cameraman to the match.

I believe the cameraman will be based in the uk. Something to do with Andy Richards (formerly of channel tv) who has moved tothe uk to set up a media business there. He happens to be communications/media manager for gfc or something along those lines. That's what I had heard anyway.

Not sure if he's doing it free of charge or not.

H.K.P.,That offer is a spratt to catch a Mackerel,Guernsey FC Average crowd 1300+,Lesser Clubs in CCL average crowds 40+,Sky started off with low prices to hook people in just like Guernsey did last year.£5/4 Entrance,Pre Season games free to Ticket Holders,this year £7/5 no FREE entry to pre season games.Then add in where are Guernsey going to show these games ONLINE,yeah great for Away games for the Islanders,as many do not travel,but where are they going to watch these games,either at home/Footes Lane when the Egg chasers are playing,or local pubs.The idea that they will keep the price so low,is misguided and you know it.My biggest gripe is that the CCL COMMITTEE has been caught with it's pants round it's ankles,Guernsey FC are a very professionally run outfit,but on this occassion they have shown me another side,someone new must of joined their Team,and sold them a great idea on paper,but unless the participants are in a agreement it will not work.Anyone know if the Camberley game is going to be screened,are their lights up to scratch,have the CCL given permission,have Camberley been approached,have even the CCL Committee met to discuss this very important proposal,that concerns ALL THEIR MEMBER CLUBS that they pay a fee to,to look after THEIR interests,have they even asked their CLUBS YET.

Come on Smudge, your being a bit silly now! There is no way that suddenly the price is going to go up massively like Sky have! We are just a CCL league side for goodness sake.

This is not a profit making exercise by the club, its simply a way to let fans who cant make the game see the match. GFC are trying to give something back by letting clubs have access for free.

Ticket Prices have gone up, but then we got promotion to a higher division and are in line with other CCL Premier clubs I believe. This is without them having to pay £250,000 in costs last season. Yes I know about sponsorship, but it simply is not as high as some think...

Personally I am not in favour of this for reasons previosuly stated. As already stated the Clubs and League are content so...

As for clubs wanting a cut of the action, I really cant see that many people subscribing.. 100 maybe? Hardly unlikely going to be 500 or a thousand, so not sure where this preceived profit is going to come from.

Edited by HKP

I would just mention that nobody at Epsom & Ewell has been contacted about this proposal. The lights at Chipstead are presumably good enough.

Maybe what is required here is some sort of clarification from a GFC official explaining what has been done so far and what the proposal is for 2012/13 before this all gets a bit silly and people from both sides get paranoid about it.

I would just mention that nobody at Epsom & Ewell has been contacted about this proposal. The lights at Chipstead are presumably good enough.

Maybe what is required here is some sort of clarification from a GFC official explaining what has been done so far and what the proposal is for 2012/13 before this all gets a bit silly and people from both sides get paranoid about it.

TOO LATE

Smudge, in principle we have agreed with Guernsey to allow it to happen [further details pending] but the simple fact is that there are a number of clubs in the league where the floodlights simply wouldn't be good enough to show a midweek game for example.

For many of our supporters though [myself included] time and cost restraints wil prevent our usual number of away supporters travelling to Guernsey so the opportunity to open up the bar and fill it with people spending money whilst seeing their team in action is a no-brainer !

......and thats if the clubs floodlights don't fail.........LOL! ;) .

Smudge, in principle we have agreed with Guernsey to allow it to happen [further details pending] but the simple fact is that there are a number of clubs in the league where the floodlights simply wouldn't be good enough to show a midweek game for example.

For many of our supporters though [myself included] time and cost restraints wil prevent our usual number of away supporters travelling to Guernsey so the opportunity to open up the bar and fill it with people spending money whilst seeing their team in action is a no-brainer !

......and thats if the clubs floodlights don't fail.........LOL! ;) .

Well picked up on N.G. heard they had applied for the GENERATOR GAME. They are so BBB.

We're not getting anything in return. All of our fans, and I mean all, are going to Guernsey when we play over there. We're looking forward to it. The live streaming of the game back to Krooner will have an attendance of zero.

How about this for a deal - Guernsey TV pay us £500 to stream live from Camberley. In return we'll take two dozen people over there in addition to the players and spend much more than that on beer and other assorted goods over the course of two or three days. Your economy wins, our football club wins, everyone's happy.

Edited by VPCTFC

Breaking news - GFC reject online tv streaming and instead opt for new Sky Sports GFC Channel at £800 per month and 30,000 (half of Guernseys polulation) have immediately signed up for the deal.

A spokesman said ' We are too BBB for shaky online buffering tv and have therefore decided to go for the Sky option as we cannot risk anybody thinking we are poor'

'GFC will not be shaing any of the income from this new high profile service with any of the CCL Clubs but will instead invest the funds in providing reclining armchair seats, cigars and champagne for all home fans at Footes Lane for all home games, the refurbishment of the Garenne Stand will start immediately. Our brand new A380 Airbus will provide free travel, in shuttle runs, for all GFC season ticket holders and their guests to all away matches and as an extra special bonus give all supporters a lift to a worldwide destination of their choice for up to 3 weeks, free of charge and as much spending money as they need.

We would like to assure our supporters that this is just the start of a range of enhancements that season ticket holders and all of the rich people of Guernsey can expect in the near future'

Guernsey FC - BBB

Breaking news - GFC reject online tv streaming and instead opt for new Sky Sports GFC Channel at £800 per month and 30,000 (half of Guernseys polulation) have immediately signed up for the deal.

A spokesman said ' We are too BBB for shaky online buffering tv and have therefore decided to go for the Sky option as we cannot risk anybody thinking we are poor'

'GFC will not be shaing any of the income from this new high profile service with any of the CCL Clubs but will instead invest the funds in providing reclining armchair seats, cigars and champagne for all home fans at Footes Lane for all home games, the refurbishment of the Garenne Stand will start immediately. Our brand new A380 Airbus will provide free travel, in shuttle runs, for all GFC season ticket holders and their guests to all away matches and as an extra special bonus give all supporters a lift to a worldwide destination of their choice for up to 3 weeks, free of charge and as much spending money as they need.

We would like to assure our supporters that this is just the start of a range of enhancements that season ticket holders and all of the rich people of Guernsey can expect in the near future'

Guernsey FC - BBB

In breaking news, a photo of the first pair aboard the A380s flight to Gatwick via Farnham:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=ventriloquist+dummy+lord+charles&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1366&bih=611&tbm=isch&tbnid=sqn9DMmxzbVKoM:&imgrefurl=http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/ray-alan-ventriloquist-famous-for-his-partnerships-with-lord-charles-tich-and-quackers-1982671.html&docid=OFRarEzOu_2UyM&imgurl=http://www.independent.co.uk/migration_catalog/article5222244.ece/ALTERNATES/w460/obitcharles.jpeg&w=460&h=674&ei=Io0IUNiSBY210QW5r9XxBA&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=646&sig=113358056629446480467&page=2&tbnh=142&tbnw=101&start=22&ndsp=31&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:22,i:147&tx=47&ty=85

They're not big time Charlie's surely!;)

Mr/Mrs Guru think there is a chink in your BBB Plans,without securing a Financial payment for the CCL Teams that your Cameraman visits,us poor souls in the U.K.will be very upset at your Season Ticket Holders,living the life of Riley.

Mr/Mrs Guru think there is a chink in your BBB Plans,without securing a Financial payment for the CCL Teams that your Cameraman visits,us poor souls in the U.K.will be very upset at your Season Ticket Holders,living the life of Riley.

:o

Camberley Town got the official request from Guernsey to film our game 25 minutes ago.

It's now in the hands of club officials so I'll say no more. I have no idea if the CTFC committee agree with me or not.

One thing I'll say which I don't think is breaking any confidences is that the games will not have live commentary.

Take a Nucler bomb to stop some people's Paranoria on GFC :)

We're not getting anything in return. All of our fans, and I mean all, are going to Guernsey when we play over there. We're looking forward to it. The live streaming of the game back to Krooner will have an attendance of zero.

Well that's great, how many are invading our lovely Island?

One thing I'll say which I don't think is breaking any confidences is that the games will not have live commentary.

That's correct, I had already mentioned that.

Camberley Town got the official request from Guernsey to film our game 25 minutes ago.

It's now in the hands of club officials so I'll say no more. I have no idea if the CTFC committee agree with me or not.

I reckon I should be given free transport in my own Donkey box to every away game and do the commentary on all the GFCTV games ! :D