Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Aylesbury 0 Windsor 2

HumptyWFC2011

This board has been too quiet...

Thought they way we set out of Saturday was a good lineup and formation and the two quick goals in succession really took the wind out of Aylesbury. The back four this season has been immense and I like the forward partnership of O'Toole and Harris they look hungry for goals.

After Harris went off though we seem to lose our bite and the formation went a bit strange and we looked disjointed. They other thing at the moment that worries me is that we do not have enough on the bench and without depth in the squad it is worrying. We must get some youth players on the bench even if we do not use them it will be good experience. Who's know we might find that jewel in the crown so to speak.

To be far to Scotty and Jim the results have been pretty good so far so what do I know ha ha

Agreed, too quiet, but that's the impact of Twitter and Facebook isn't it? ;)

I went to the recent Youth game v Reading and, as I said at the time, was very impressed with the No 6, who I believe they called Mo. Playing in midfield he was always available, had a nice touch, rarely gave the ball away and looked the best of a pretty promising bunch.

Cane (sp?) came on as a sub, started off at the back where he read the game well and put in some wholly committed, well-timed, extremely strong challenges but, as was the case early last season when he played a bit, seemed to be looking for a reason to flare up, and ended up getting booked. He's definitely got something but he still needs to calm down and just play football. Until he does I just can't see him getting anywhere near the 1st team bench.

From the outside looking in I would say our Manager's focus is on the "today" - it's all about winning the game. It's disappointing as a Supporter to see a half filled subs bench - one or two U18's sat on it might offer some encouragement to local youngsters...

I'd forego winning week in week out for half a dozen local lads in the first team....and who's to say you couldnt have both in a few years.

From the outside looking in I would say our Manager's focus is on the "today" - it's all about winning the game. It's disappointing as a Supporter to see a half filled subs bench - one or two U18's sat on it might offer some encouragement to local youngsters...

I'd forego winning week in week out for half a dozen local lads in the first team....and who's to say you couldnt have both in a few years.

Totally agree

To have the option of 7 subs for an FA Cup tie and only having 4 on the bench is not my cup of tea. Get some of the Under 18s there to experience a first team match day from close quarters. Whether they get on the pitch or not is of secondary importance. Gaining valuable experience just can't be measured. Look at the youngsters who were played against Shrivenham in the abandoned B&B tie last season. That was a huge culture shock for them as they learnt quickly what senior football can be like. So, to remove the look of rabbits in headlights, let a few of them have a taste of what senior football can be about. If they learn and benefit, then great. If not then nothing is lost.

Massively agree. The experience for any 18 year old to be in a first team environment would be invaluable. They will see first hand what they need to aspire to achieve. Even if there is no intention to bring them on the experience is huge. It helps cement the link with the youth teams and surely a body is better than no body just in case injuries or sendings off occur. A no-brainier in my book. And Ben and George have shown there's quality talent in Windsor.

And I'll add to the growing support for ensuring we have a full subs bench. When we're trying to build a strong a community club for the future and we have talent in the youth squad, then it's good for the club, the youth team and their manager Gavin, and all of us watching to see the present and the future together in the Windsor shirts. One way or another we are bound to use them as the season progresses, especially if the team does well in cupties and the volume of matches mounts up. One or two knocks and we'll be grateful to have young players eager to prove their talent.

Archived