Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Home to St Albans, IF we can beat Dunstable

fatboyatmfc

Dan - not sure whether you wished for a bigger club, or a smaller one. In any event, these games can go either way and depend on loads of variables, such as:

1. The teams' relative performances

2. The match officials' performances

3. Lady Luck

4. Whether it is Hot Pot or Pasta Bake or Casserole or Stew in the Boardroom on offer afterwards.

If I am not mistaken (which I usually am), St Albans' chairman is one Ian Ridley, who many will remember as a journalist and Weymouth chairman during our excellent run in the FA Cup some years ago. He was/is also a close friend of the Ashford anti-christ, one Steve Claridge, who despite what he said about us and that he played for some current League One non-outfit in Hampshire, I have always held a grudging respect for. After all, but for his intervention (first half from the stand, and second half on the pitch) we may have come away from that game with a fantastic victory.

Good luck tonight, everyone.

I have no respect for that twit (spelling mistake) - came down here and watched 20 minutes maximum of our previous FA Trophy round replay, then walked away and turned to us in the stand saying "I've seen enough - we'll beat you", then used the 'former League player in a big club against a smaller club' playing card in the Trophy match, then (like the rest of his team) completely refused to use the bar and acknowledge or congratulate us in the 90 minutes we were in the Weymouth bar after the game, then slagged our ground off in not one but two magazines. I hope his next s--t is a cactus.

Cactus LOL

Mr Ridley was very gracious in defeat last year and more than made up for his ex managers comments. He actually said he had always liked the tangerine kit!

If we do manage to win tonight he will be very welcome in the hallowed boardroom/portakabin. LOL

Ooops - sorry if I have mis-read the game in question.

Maybe Weymouth's then-team were so embarrassed by our brilliant performance under Nathan, they just couldn't hack it? Who knows, and who can change history?

Be nice to get through and meet with St Albans again, but a tough challenge tonight, I am sure.

As for Steve C., if I could continue being a tw**, why can't I earn a grand a night for having a camera in my face one night a week?

Hi Di...Ho.......it's off to work we go..........

Come on Ashford!

Archived