Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Andrew Mitchell MP - Should He Go

Mondays update......

http://www.thesun.co...-PCs-plebs.html

I'll leave it up to you lot to make your comments.

Has the MP been charged with anything? If not - why not? in your opinion of course JR.

Loosely - You're still giving out the impression that you're on Andrew Mitchell's side in all of this, is that the case or am I just imagining it

Loosely - You're still giving out the impression that you're on Andrew Mitchell's side in all of this, is that the case or am I just imagining it

I think you are asking another question you know you won't get an answer to unless you start answering questions put to you yourself.

It's not a difficult concept to understand.

The bloke rode a bike,the copper was being a jobsworth,which unfortunately too many are nowadays,the incident is pathetic and an embarrassment that it actually makes the tabloids front pages let alone the broadsheets,are we really that desperate to have to resort to such pathetic stories as a nation,it appears so,someone bring back the fckng Olympics quick!

I think you are asking another question you know you won’t get an answer to unless you start answering questions put to you yourself

It’s not a difficult concept to understand

So if you’re not denying that you’re on Andrew Mitchell’s side in all of this then I assume you are which is disgusting!

So if you’re not denying that you’re on Andrew Mitchell’s side in all of this then I assume you are which is disgusting!

Well it is your prerogative to presume and your opinion on my presumed opinion which no-one could give a stuff about.

I take it that you are in support of the numpty wooden top who didn't understand the Highway Code which is....par for the course.

TW@T

All to often people come on this forum to quite rightly condemn premiership footballer for being foul mouth arrogant yobs. I find it strange then that normally rational posters give the impression that Mitchell's behavior is somehow acceptable.

My own opinion in this matter is that an honorable member of parliament would have apologised and then fell on his sword, unfortunately honour and decency is a rare commodity in today's politics.

All to often people come on this forum to quite rightly condemn premiership footballer for being foul mouth arrogant yobs. I find it strange then that normally rational posters give the impression that Mitchell's behavior is somehow acceptable.

My own opinion in this matter is that an honorable member of parliament would have apologised and then fell on his sword, unfortunately honour and decency is a rare commodity in today's politics.

Who is that then Alan? Who has given the impression that they find Mitchell's behaviour somehow acceptable?

You must name and shame them the rascals!

I'm still trying to work out why he has apologised, and yet denies using the words attributed to him. Its a bit like Jeffrey Archer paying a prostitute for not having sex with him.

Its very difficult trying to understand how the upper classes minds work, but as I'm only a working class pleb I suppose I just have to accept they are right, because they are our betters, and have a god given right to rule over us.

Has the MP been charged with anything? If not - why not? in your opinion of course JR.

Highly likely he'll be charged with anything now, BUT................ I'm sure he's wrecked his political career.

Certainly a case of shooting oneself in the proverbial foot.

He obviously never heeded the advice given to new MP's when he joined 'The Club' !

ENGAGE BRAIN BEFORE OPENING MOUTH !

Edited by Big J R

I'm still trying to work out why he has apologised, and yet denies using the words attributed to him. Its a bit like Jeffrey Archer paying a prostitute for not having sex with him.

Its very difficult trying to understand how the upper classes minds work, but as I'm only a working class pleb I suppose I just have to accept they are right, because they are our betters, and have a god given right to rule over us.

I'm sorry you are having trouble understanding it Alan but these days MPs get away with fiddling their expenses which used to be known as theft, use commons privilege to release information that ordinary citizens like you or I would be charged with a criminal offence for, hold more company directorships than Robert Maxwell and use their ministerial positions to influence Law Lords holding inquiries and then lie blatantly in the House not only to their colleagues but to the British Public so why when one uses a bit of inappropriate language you think there should be any different outcome other than "business as usual" isn't going to change sweet FA is it?

Our Police Services aren't exactly covering themselves with glory lately are they but there's a distinct lack of outcry on this board about it. Police Officers altering evidence, taking money for confidential information, turning a blind eye to pedophiles operating it's not hard to doubt the evidence given by some jobsworth who doesn't understand the Highway Code but knows enough to tell a citizen to get off his bike when he feels like it.

Goes without saying though that my sympathies are with the families of the two murdered police officers in Manchester.

Loosely – Why are you sticking up for Andrew Mitchell as nobody has a nice word to say about the bloke, well other than his mate Kenneth Clarke, surprise, surprise, who said “I have known Andrew for a long time and he is a perfectly reasonable, courteous man with the same high regard for the police services as anyone else, he obviously had a flare of bad temper on this occasion and has rightly apologised, I do think this should be allowed to set the matter at rest”. That says it all really.

Loosely – Why are you sticking up for Andrew Mitchell as nobody has a nice word to say about the bloke, well other than his mate Kenneth Clarke, surprise, surprise, who said “I have known Andrew for a long time and he is a perfectly reasonable, courteous man with the same high regard for the police services as anyone else, he obviously had a flare of bad temper on this occasion and has rightly apologised, I do think this should be allowed to set the matter at rest”. That says it all really.

Where have you seen me sticking up for him Rhodesy?

My old man 'God bless him' gave me some important advice in life i still hold to this day-

Never trust a Copper.

Never trust a politician,

and my favourite- 'It does not matter if they wear a suit or a uniform their shit smells just the same as ours' and all actions should be accountable.

I'm sorry you are having trouble understanding it Alan but these days MPs get away with fiddling their expenses which used to be known as theft, use commons privilege to release information that ordinary citizens like you or I would be charged with a criminal offence for, hold more company directorships than Robert Maxwell and use their ministerial positions to influence Law Lords holding inquiries and then lie blatantly in the House not only to their colleagues but to the British Public so why when one uses a bit of inappropriate language you think there should be any different outcome other than "business as usual" isn't going to change sweet FA is it?

Our Police Services aren't exactly covering themselves with glory lately are they but there's a distinct lack of outcry on this board about it. Police Officers altering evidence, taking money for confidential information, turning a blind eye to pedophiles operating it's not hard to doubt the evidence given by some jobsworth who doesn't understand the Highway Code but knows enough to tell a citizen to get off his bike when he feels like it.

Goes without saying though that my sympathies are with the families of the two murdered police officers in Manchester.

I was trying to be ironic when I said I didnt understand. Accept all your criticisms about MPs and would like to add that while they was quite happy to screw up public service workers pensions, the hypocrites that they are have done nothing to bring their own pensions in line.

When I vote now, I vote on the basis of who is the least worse of a very poor bunch, rather than vote for a party I have any faith in, and while the police are not in anyway perfect, on balance they are faraway more trustworthy than our members of parliament.

I was trying to be ironic when I said I didnt understand. Accept all your criticisms about MPs and would like to add that while they was quite happy to screw up public service workers pensions, the hypocrites that they are have done nothing to bring their own pensions in line.

When I vote now, I vote on the basis of who is the least worse of a very poor bunch, rather than vote for a party I have any faith in, and while the police are not in anyway perfect, on balance they are faraway more trustworthy than our members of parliament.

I know Alan.

I think we need less politicians, they need to legislate less, tax less and spend less. Anyone who wants to be an MP should be excluded from holding public office.

Missunderstood. You need to visit the Law courts more often if you think the Police are 'more trustworthy' lol Pass me another G&T. Jesus wept. Carry on. PS well said Smudge!

Edited by Pink Panther