Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Andrew Mitchell MP - Should He Go

In any walk of life, you will get good eggs and bad eggs.

Not at all MP's, Police and Judges are corrupt - however it is the bad ones who always get the attention.

What if this MP is telling the truth and the policeman is perhaps being a little economical with the truth

No way, why would the Policeman lie!

It's becoming a bit of a non-story now, much like the one about The Queen being upset by Abu Hamza staying here until recently.

Frank Gardner apologised to The Queen, and Andrew Mitchell apologised to the Policeman. It seems that both apologies were accepted, so why do the media need to harp on about it?

Years ago, BBC and ITV reported the news and didn't try to make it.

It's becoming a bit of a non-story now, much like the one about The Queen being upset by Abu Hamza staying here until recently.

Frank Gardner apologised to The Queen, and Andrew Mitchell apologised to the Policeman. It seems that both apologies were accepted, so why do the media need to harp on about it?

Years ago, BBC and ITV reported the news and didn't try to make it.

Surely your not suggesting that when one of the great and the good make an error of judgement it shouldn't be reported in case it causes them some embarrassment. They made the choice to be in the public eye and most of them welcome all the good publicity, so whats wrong with the press keeping the story going as long as possible when they fall below the standards expected of them.. The British taxpayer pays their wages and have the right to know about the character defects of their employees.

Absolutely, the day that Blair and all the other leading players that took us into war in Iraq stand trial cant come soon enough for me.

Nor me!

• 4 weeks later...

I see that Mitchell has finally done the decent thing and resigned, thank God:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220306/Chief-Whip-Andrew-Mitchell-resigns.html

Keeps - So don't you agree that he had to go then

And it's good to see that the right wing Daily Mail, (today, Saturday), uses the front page to castigate the money grabbing Torry elite !

Had it been a Labour MP... ooops that's another story though.

Now the lefty media are trying to get Osborne out following his first-class gaffe on the train.

Ok, the Tories don't help themselves, but they are victimised far more than Labour MP's imho.

I see that the Unions want the Tories gone, well if the TUC have such a grand plan that won't need cuts or extra money then lets hear it... otherwise they are peeing in the wind imho.

Had it been a Labour MP... ooops that's another story though.

Now the lefty media are trying to get Osborne out following his first-class gaffe on the train.

Ok, the Tories don't help themselves, but they are victimised far more than Labour MP's imho.

I see that the Unions want the Tories gone, well if the TUC have such a grand plan that won't need cuts or extra money then lets hear it... otherwise they are peeing in the wind imho.

I don't think the Unions EVER want the Tories in power.

A few days ago I heard a union leader say that the self employed should pay the same national insurance as the rest of us, and tax loopholes should be closed. Seems the kind of great idea we all should support whatever your political affiliations.