Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Andrew Mitchell MP - Should He Go

A few days ago I heard a union leader say that the self employed should pay the same national insurance as the rest of us, and tax loopholes should be closed. Seems the kind of great idea we all should support whatever your political affiliations.

I would be quite happy to do this, as I believe in paying my fair share.

I just get p-ed off having to pay for those at the top and those at the bottom who won't pay their fair share.

Welcome to Middle England indeed!

• 1 month later...

So the police federation was so keen to get rid of a cabinet member based on a letter written by one of their own members pretending to be a member of the public.

I bet they do not apologise!

There used to be a time when a policeman could be trusted - not sure if that is still true :(

So the police federation was so keen to get rid of a cabinet member based on a letter written by one of their own members pretending to be a member of the public.

I bet they do not apologise!

There used to be a time when a policeman could be trusted - not sure if that is still true :(

A politician calling a police officer a liar. The mind boggles.

I don't trust either nowadays

It really wouldn't surprise me if the "said" copper was put upto this and paid by another political party or newspaper,the same as it wouldn't surprise me that the MP was lying

Edited by Eastside Urchin

• 10 months later...

Well it seems that some of us have been proved correct in our suspicions of our wonderful police force.

Discipline Plebgate police and say sorry to Andrew Mitchell, Theresa May tells forces

Theresa May has called for disciplinary action to be taken against three police officers after a report accused them of lying in an effort to discredit Andrew Mitchell, the former chief whip, during the “Plebgate” scandal. 

By Martin Evans, Crime Correspondent
15 Oct 2013

The Home Secretary said the incident struck to the heart of public trust in the police and urged the Chief Constable of West Mercia to apologise to Mr Mitchell.

She was speaking after a report by the police watchdog concluded that there was evidence to support allegations that three Police Federation representatives had deliberately set out to discredit Mr Mitchell following the Plebgate incident, in which he was accused of swearing at officers in Downing Street.

The report from the Independent Police Complaints Commission recommends that the three representatives, Insp Ken MacKaill, Det Sgt Stuart Hinton and Sgt Chris Jones should face gross misconduct proceedings.

However, their three forces, West Mercia, West Midlands and Warwickshire, rejected the recommendations and said there was insufficient evidence to suggest that the officers had done more than exercise poor judgment. A previous investigation by the West Mercia force concluded that the three men had no case to answer for gross misconduct. However, Mrs May told the home affairs select committee yesterday that it was “quite wrong” for the three not to face disciplinary proceedings.

“The IPCC statement makes troubling reading,” she said.

Asked if West Mercia’s Chief Constable should apologise to Mr Mitchell, she replied: “I think that would be appropriate.”

She added: “The police need the trust of the public. These sorts of incidents will strike to the heart of that issue of trust.”

Jack Straw, the former home secretary, said it was “undoubtedly true” that Mr Mitchell, who was forced to resign from his job as chief whip, was the victim of “wholly unacceptable” behaviour by some police officers.

Mr Mitchell said in a statement: “It is a matter of deep concern that the police forces employing these officers have concluded that their conduct has not brought the police service into disrepute. Most people will disagree. It is a decision which will undermine confidence in the ability of the police to investigate misconduct when the reputation of the police service as a whole is at stake.

“My family and I have waited nearly a year for these police officers to be held to account and for an apology from the police forces involved. It seems we have waited in vain.” The forces blamed the IPCC for failing to exercise powers that would have allowed it to order forces to hold disciplinary proceedings.

The row relates to a meeting Mr Mitchell, the MP for Sutton Coldfield, held with three representatives from his local police federations last year following the Plebgate scandal.

At the time he was under intense pressure, having been accused of calling officers in Downing Street “----ing plebs” when they refused to open the main gate to allow him to cycle through.

The MP admitted swearing but strenuously denied using the word “plebs”.

At the meeting, held in the Midlands on Oct 12, Mr Mitchell apologised to the federation representatives but again denied using the word “plebs”. In a transcript of the meeting, taken from a recording made by Mr Mitchell, he set out his version of events. He told the meeting: “I give you my word I did not call an officer a ----ing pleb.”

He added: “I did say under my breath, but audibly, in frustration, 'I thought you lot were supposed to ----ing help us.’ ”

After the meeting the officers claimed the chief whip had refused to elaborate on what he had said and therefore had no option but to resign.

An investigation by the West Mercia force into the officers’ conduct concluded that there was no case to answer and that the officers had merely been naive. But in her report into the matter, Deborah Glass, the deputy chairman of the IPCC, said she “strongly disagreed” with those findings. The three forces rejected calls for the officers to face a misconduct panel.

In a statement, they said: “Despite a thorough investigation under the supervision of the IPCC we do not believe that there is sufficient evidence to support the view that the officers concerned should face misconduct proceedings.

“Our view is that the officers have demonstrated poor judgment in arranging and attending the meeting in the first place. In light of this, our position is that management action is a proportionate response.”

The Police Federation also rejected the IPCC findings and accused Mrs Glass of a “personal outburst” and acting as judge and jury to express a personal view.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...Andrew-Mitchell-Theresa-May-tells-forces.html

So it's been agreed that Mitchell didn't use the 'Pleb' word, yet he admits using the 'F' word, which is a public order offence incurring an £80 fixed penalty fine.

Cameron certainly isn't doing his party any good by alienating the police.

It may well be alienating the police to point out that they have attempted to cover up a fabrication of events and evidence by their own however it is completely appropriate and expected of any Prime Minister and his or her ministers to highlight this awful corruption.

Anyone looking in from outside this country could be forgiven for beginning to mistake it for some sort of Banana Republic!

Completely predictable from you though JR, top marks!

It still doesn't excuse Mitchell's arrogance though does it

We've all had bad days...

It still doesn't excuse Mitchell's arrogance though does it

What arrogance is that Rhodesly? I think it's been established now that he displayed nothing but frustration at some jobsworths. We all say "for f*cks sake" occasionally, why should an MP be held to a higher standard when he comes across such crass stupidity? You should know the answer to that surely.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...

You see it's arrogant to call someone a "Pleb" - which as we've found out was not the case at all, just a complete fabrication of some vindictive corrupt police officers and only perfectly normal to express a bit of frustration by saying "WTF?" when given a totally stupid instruction by some jobsworth idiots.

Strange people don't get this, or seem to want to.

When will the good citizens of this country actually realise that people like Mr Mitchell are actually being used and abused for the sake of a few pounds.....it's not rocket science to realise that this whole pathetic chapter has been stoked up by our glorious press who at the time probably had bugger all else going on politically,they call the shots,had something,bigger,better,more anynewsworthy of happened I doubt this would of got any coverage whatsoever,it's a non event,yes he swore,its a [****!!****]ing Anglo Saxon thing,swearing is a vent of frustration,calling someone a name is an insult,two different things.

Personally I hope the next time he rides his bike he sticks two fingers up to anyone who dares gets in his way and if that's not enough calls them a c**t just for the sake of it!if not just call them a pleb!

When will the good citizens of this country actually realise that people like Mr Mitchell are actually being used and abused for the sake of a few pounds.....it's not rocket science to realise that this whole pathetic chapter has been stoked up by our glorious press who at the time probably had bugger all else going on politically,they call the shots,had something,bigger,better,more anynewsworthy of happened I doubt this would of got any coverage whatsoever,it's a non event,yes he swore,its a [****!!****]ing Anglo Saxon thing,swearing is a vent of frustration,calling someone a name is an insult,two different things.

Personally I hope the next time he rides his bike he sticks two fingers up to anyone who dares gets in his way and if that's not enough calls them a c**t just for the sake of it!if not just call them a pleb!

Seems to me that we've had more than enough evidence of the press working hand in glove with corrupt police officers over the last year or two.

Payments for victims phone numbers, evidential statements, vehicle and ownership data. It seems that our police service needs turning over and the rats found and got rid of. Obviously the vast number of police officers in this country are honest, hard working and brave but a minority which includes facilitation all the way up through the ranks to the very top are giving brave and decent coppers a very bad name, they must be fuming. Anyway, you can begin to see how this went down. A jobsworth or two thought they'd have a bit of fun with a pressurised and decent minister with his mind quite fairly on the people's and his problems and the solutions to fix them, these idiots got themselves into hot water and phoned their pals in the press for not only advice and support but a nice little earner. Advice - stoke it up, invent something arrogant and then back each other up all the way to the top. The press would keep the fire fuelled.

Only now the whole sorry mess have been found out for the rats they are. I say give them a couple of years in prison. They might last a couple of nights.