Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Havant & Waterlooville In Trouble?

If the Romford chairman isn't putting money in, then who is funding the club?

Clubs can't function on sunshine and lollipops!

Why do you think that to be a chairman of a football club that person needs to have money Adam?. In our experience having a chairman with a good business brain and an ability to operate on a limited budget is far more credible. The way our club is run may not be suit everyone but is should offer a perfect blue print for any club who extend their finances beyond their means and end up going tits up.

I wouldnt base your posts on anything the Hornchurch fantasist says because he just hasnt got a clue.

So are Romford relying on businesses and the good grace of Thurrock FC in order to survive?

Not having a pop, just trying to get the facts.

Alan, from my experience of football clubs, it is usually either the Chairman or a benefactor who keeps the club going financially.

From paying players, to paying staff, paying the bills, paying for the upkeep of the ground or improving it if the club wants promotion etc. money has to keep coming in from somewhere.

If a business or two are paying the tab then fine, that is pretty shrewd.

So are Romford relying on businesses and the good grace of Thurrock FC in order to survive?

Not having a pop, just trying to get the facts.

Nope, apart from a small amount of money made from programme advertising, we rely solely on ourselves and the of course goodwill of Thurrock FC for allowing us to groundshare. My son in law is on the coaching side, and their is definitely no money paid to any member of staff.

We are in fact a very well run club that any business who may decide to get involved with us in the future, would be assured that their association with us would never ever result in them ever being connected with any financial scandal whatsoever.

That sounds good, by the way not sure if you've heard of UK Football Finder but they have three lads local to Thurrock looking for a club.

I'll PM you details if you would like.

Edited by The Mayor Of Simpleton