Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Havant & Waterlooville In Trouble?

Contact of mine in Portsmouth says that it's been coming for a while.

Apparently the guy is a hot-head and caused trouble whilst in charge at AFC Totton.

Whilst I agree in principle with that, Alan, the money has to come from somewhere. If Mr. Chairman of Romford FC wasn't putting in x thousands a year then surely the club would be up the creek with no paddle.

I'd say it's not money that's the problem but the prat who has it. It's like you could use a knife to cut your food up or to stab somebody with.

This chairman sounds like many others - promises the earth and delivers nothing.

I don't know much about running a football club but I'm pretty sure that you couldn't run it on gate receipts alone.

Romford do, and both our respective clubs could well be playing in the same league next season if current form is anything to go by.

And Adam, our chairman devotes a great deal of his time and energy to our club, but I doubt that he puts a penny piece into our coffers.

Really? I'm surprised if that's the case. I don't know what Romford are averaging this season crowd wise but it's historically been in the region of 100-110 per game for the last few years.

Take off consessions and child pricing and add food and drink onto the equation then I reckon you must pull in around £1500 per home game as a guestimate.

Can you really sustain a D1 North team on that much? How much does it cost per season just to groundshare with Thurrock for starters?

Good achievement if Romford are doing that.

As for Hornchurch, we've got injury problems at the moment and because of the size of the squad, it's having a big impact on performances. I still think we'll have enough to stay up though.

Really? I'm surprised if that's the case. I don't know what Romford are averaging this season crowd wise but it's historically been in the region of 100-110 per game for the last few years.

Take off consessions and child pricing and add food and drink onto the equation then I reckon you must pull in around £1500 per home game as a guestimate.

Can you really sustain a D1 North team on that much? How much does it cost per season just to groundshare with Thurrock for starters?

Good achievement if Romford are doing that.

As for Hornchurch, we've got injury problems at the moment and because of the size of the squad, it's having a big impact on performances. I still think we'll have enough to stay up though.

Averaging about 100, not a penny made from food or drink, but a fantastic manager and players who all play for nothing love and him to bits. When we return to Havering things can only get even better.

Do Romford FC own their current ground, or is it rented from the council?

That's what I was thinking.

I would say that you'd need at least 30-40k per season just to make sure that a Step 6 side can function.

On the face of it,Romford appears to be a well run club,with sound individuals in place who know their limitations,they have some good fans who work hard for the club,but they appear to be being let down by one or two individuals who suffer from "little club syndrome" when it comes to their bigger neighbours a few miles down the road.

Living in fantasy land,it would be lovely for all clubs to survive,prosper on gate receipts,sponsorship ,merchandise alone,simply doesn't happen at that level.

Players are greedy,want what their mates are getting at other clubs etc

I don't know much about running a football club but I'm pretty sure that you couldn't run it on gate receipts alone.

You can't. Especially in this day and age !!

I'm Ignoring the dig at Hornchurch - I think we covered them in enough detail on the Hornchurch forum previously.

All those years at uni were a waste of money as I'm apparently a bonehead.

Surely Alan, you must do fundraisers, sponsorship, weekly draws etc in order to generate more income?.

I just can't believe that gate receipts are enough.

If the Romford chairman isn't putting money in, then who is funding the club?

Clubs can't function on sunshine and lollipops!