Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sponsor the tannoy for February 23rd?

Swifty

I'm not trying to build my part up, honest...

I've just noticed I gave the wrong date for that home match I can't make. The Slough Town game when I'm away groundhopping is actually on February 23rd.

I also noticed we've only got three home games before then, and one's a county cup tie which is likely to have a lower attendance than normal.

This might mean a temporary financial shortfall at the club, so can I suggest something, purely as a one-off, to help with the bills? What if we auction / sponsor the tannoy annnouncer for the Slough Town game on February 23rd?

As a first draft, suppose anyone can nominate up to three club regulars to do the mic for the day, agreeing to donate an amount for each nomination either on here or on a sheet in the bar, with mention on here and on the website's front page and in the AFC Hayes programme (and over the tannoy if I remember!).

The idea being that the nominee with the highest amount offered does the vocal duties and the funds are collected by a certain date, e.g. on or before February 9th (Chalfont St. Peter at home).

If the winner doesn't fancy doing the tannoy, the second choice gets a chance and the second highest sponsorship amount gets collected, then the third choice if either of the first two don't want to give us their dulcet tones.

To start things off if the club agrees to this loony idea, I'd agree to pay £10 if either Beano or Whispering Mick Tilt handle the duties, and £20 if Chris Canderton agrees to do the tannoy.

Any takers? If it's thought this might affect the race night takings, I'm happy for this idea to be vetoed.

Archived