Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kinnear makes Dover switch

Wellsie

He is leaving you in a far healthier position than when he joined..............

Indeed he has but to be honest it wouldnt have taken a lot to do that by whoever took the managers job here Look,credit where its due I agree but he didnt finish off the job he started out to do and that riles me more than anything.

Edited by Cookie

I am surprised at some of the harsh comments about CK.

I am as disappointed as anyone, as I think he was doing a really good job and showed a bit of class when compared to some of the uncouth oafs on the opposition benches. But in the current climate and situation at the club, who can blame him for taking an opportunity when it arose - particularly the day after Nigel Adkins was so badly treated by Southampton.

I would like to thank him for the last couple of years and wish him well for the future.

In the nlp CK says it was a challenge he couldn't turn down. Nothing to do with the money then. Looking forward the website update looks promising. No reason why we can't push on with the right manager. C Players say they are on board. Challenge for board is making the right choice quickly. Who would be a director!

I am surprised at some of the harsh comments about CK.

I am as disappointed as anyone, as I think he was doing a really good job and showed a bit of class when compared to some of the uncouth oafs on the opposition benches. But in the current climate and situation at the club, who can blame him for taking an opportunity when it arose - particularly the day after Nigel Adkins was so badly treated by Southampton.

I would like to thank him for the last couple of years and wish him well for the future.

Why are you surprised, as a loyal supporter, sponsor and overall Good Egg..I like many hundreds of fans will always give our manger 100% support even if we don't think they are good enough. We all got behind Trott, O'connell, Southall, Keister, you name them we have supported them totally. In return I do NOT think its unreasonable for a Manager to see through the job in hand, or at least till end of season. Yes I understand loyalty does not always stretch both ways, thus clubs will often get rid of a manger at a drop of the hat. I don't support this either.

All mangers need in my humble opinion time, if a manger is in charge for 5+ seasons i believe any team starts doing well, consistency is the key. The thing that hurts is that at a drop of a hat a manager had gone 15 miles down the road, to a club who may or may not be in the same league next season (especially if he had stayed and seen the job through). The comment about he's left the club in a better position then when he took over is fair, but again look at the time he has been allowed to develop the team, compared to his predecessors'.

We all felt a great lift when he returned to MFC and a genuine belief we would get back into the Conference under his direction, even though it may have taken a few seasons. I know I am not alone when we know what is to be done, we can get behind the Directors for funding, get behind the players support them both at Home and Away, and get behind the new manager.

Now I'm off to Church..

Why are you surprised, as a loyal supporter, sponsor and overall Good Egg..I like many hundreds of fans will always give our manger 100% support even if we don't think they are good enough. We all got behind Trott, O'connell, Southall, Keister, you name them we have supported them totally. In return I do NOT think its unreasonable for a Manager to see through the job in hand, or at least till end of season. Yes I understand loyalty does not always stretch both ways, thus clubs will often get rid of a manger at a drop of the hat. I don't support this either.

All mangers need in my humble opinion time, if a manger is in charge for 5+ seasons i believe any team starts doing well, consistency is the key. The thing that hurts is that at a drop of a hat a manager had gone 15 miles down the road, to a club who may or may not be in the same league next season (especially if he had stayed and seen the job through). The comment about he's left the club in a better position then when he took over is fair, but again look at the time he has been allowed to develop the team, compared to his predecessors'.

We all felt a great lift when he returned to MFC and a genuine belief we would get back into the Conference under his direction, even though it may have taken a few seasons. I know I am not alone when we know what is to be done, we can get behind the Directors for funding, get behind the players support them both at Home and Away, and get behind the new manager.

Now I'm off to Church..

Only time will tell whether CK made the right decision for him and Dover, and what the consequences will be for MFC. And I for one certainly don't know what the financial imperatives may have been for him and his family, but he has made a choice and I hope it turns out well for all parties and don't wish him ill for it. Hope you said a prayer for him.

If CK had gone to someone like whitehawk/bognor then i could understand the hard feelings-but when its to a league above-i can only wish him and jake well.

You never know-we may get someone better-as the statement says-needs to be seen as an 'opportunity'.

Painful now-but we will always get through-and yep-most of us will support whoever is charge (although i did find that difficult with trott after the first 12 months )

Up the 'Gate

I agree with "dflman".Tried hard to support him this last season or so but, I feel the club and hard working staff were let down to many times in criticle moments ( cups). Gone and already forgotten by me.

PS, hope for Dover supporters sake they don't have to invest in "beach volley ball nets".

Does'nt make what he has done any easier to swallow IMO, and as they are only Conf South its not a huge jump so maybes the financial incentive was/is the reason for his untimely departure.

So what if it is? If someone offers you more money than your current employer would you say no? Of course not.