Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dopey Urchins...

Ryan.c

the definition of the word "trounced" in my oxford dictionary states it means "defeat heavily" i wouldn't call 2-0 a very heavy defeat just a minor setback in our rise to the confrence................

The 2-0 win to us was a convincing 2-0 as you'll ever see. We dominated from the start and I don't recall you lot even having a shot at goal. As for the 8 quid, my mate said he'd give me a quid for every Hornchurch supporter that turned up. I barely got my entrance money back!

The 2000/01 ryman review quotes an average league gate for Hornchurch of a staggering 66. The highest league gate seen at Hornchurch that year was 104 (for the visit of Aveley) although they did manage an astounding 140 for an FA vase game.

The following season (the year they finished 2nd) the average league gate went up to 91. Excitement in Upminster was such that their ground was bursting at the seams with 149 people for the final celebratory game (233 was their biggest gate, again that was Aveley). No big cup gates that season, though, 120 for the visit of the Wisbech masses in the FA cup was the biggest.

Given that every Hornchurch fan under the sun claims to have been there before the money, either they're all liars or they all were casual fans going to maybe 4 games a year. Either way they're glory hunters.

The sad thing is the minute they have an indifferent season they'll all be off watching ManUre or [****!!****] on the telly so we wont be able to laugh at the glory hunters, and I hope we'll be too dignified to laugh at those who really were there before and will be there later.

the fans that were there before "the money" will still be there if and when "the money" departs, many thanks for all this interest in our wonderful club we will be back with more interesting facts in the nex episode.................