Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ladies' double-header this Sunday

Swifty

Just checking for tannoy purposes (if I remember)...

I see the ladies are playing home and away this Sunday to Tottenham Hotspur Development, with the fixtures shown as a double header at our place.

Does this mean there'll be one game where the points count double (six points if a team wins, two points each if it's a draw) or will there be two games, possibly played to the minimum length allowed by the FA?

I say, interesting topic title ;) :lol:

Confirmed as a 2pm start on Sunday, the Spurs manager has "other committments" and doesn't want to start any earlier which is odd for a team that play their home games at 10:30 :wacko:

They are a quality side so we'll be doing our best to get something from the games, maybe see a few of you there.

If I have read the twitter feed correctly, a very good day for the Ashford Ladies.

Well done, let's hope it helps promote more interest in our younger ladies' teams and grow the Club still further in our community.

More interest = More activity= More income= More growth of the Club (I hope I got that right!)

Lost 2-0 then drew 1-1 which is an excellent result especially as the ladies only had a bare eleven (is that politically correct ?).to play both games, probably cost Tottenham any chance of the league with Colne Valley now 6 points clear although Tottenham still have a game in hand.

Thanks SBF, and sorry for the lack of updates on the subject.

The ladies were unfortunate to lose the first match to be honest and at 0-0 at half time came out of the blocks the better side for the opening 10 minutes of the second half, however a quality shot from distance and a goal on the counter-attack as we chased the game was enough for a 2-0 Spurs win.

The second match looked to be following the exact same pattern as the first with Spurs taking the lead but in the dying minutes The Ash Trees were awarded a freekick approx 30 yards from goal and Lucy Easton struck it into the top right corner beyond the keeper's reach.

Credit to the 11 players who battled hard throughout while their pro-club oppostion had the luxury of freshening things up before and during each game.

Well done Ladies, though whilst not with the original results that became confused by various reports, very respectable nonetheless.

Not sure if it is allowed by FA Rules, but any chance of a Mens v. Ladies pre-season in August? No shirt swapping, of course.

Mixed-gender adult football is prohibited under FA Rules.

To my mind, men's football and women's football are essentially different games anyway. The men's game is frenetic and physical, the women's game less so.

We have been supplied with some excellent photos from last Sunday, which I will upload to the website as soon as I can.

Archived