Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Highgate United In Danger Of Folding

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/sos-appeal-from-highgate-21927/

Sad news :(

A good club and were well run when I used to play against them many moons ago...

Hope somebody comes in and keeps them going. I did hear that Blackwood FC (who have ground-shared with them in the past) were interested in taking over there.

Looks like Highgate might be okay, as they have delayed a decision to resign from the Midland Alliance pending new people coming in (possibly the committee from Blackwood FC, therefore the club might be known as Highgate Blackwood from next season onwards).

However, Tipton Town are now reported to be in trouble. Maybe our resident Tipton Town fan knows more about this?

I said it last season, and I've already said it this season.

It's going to get worse.

My 'contacts' tell me there are a likely ten or eleven southern clubs, (Non-League) on the point of disappearing within the next 12 months !!

Sad news.

And I bet central F.A. couldn't give a sh1t

Just out of interest, John, who are these clubs?

Please feel free to drop me a PM as I have heard that a few clubs are in trouble.

You are right re: central FA. Steve Whitney recently said that the FA and regional offices of the FA are awash with cash, but a number of clubs never see it at all.

Sorry Adam, but my info comes from some very local sources to the south east.

To go any further might place certain people in a rather unpleasant position.

Or to put it another way, 'No Names  - No Pack Drill"  !

Ok John, no probs.:)

Archived