Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Relegation Battle

I seem to recall the figures Warlingham/Epsom & Ewell paid Merstham were a lot less than those quoted abotu Bookham/Dorking so overall I think it was a lot smaller percentage of the overall revenue for Merstham. I think it's helped the club have a better pitch but that's about all as they still didn't have a reserve side.

I must say I have a lot of sympathy for E&E and MVSCR. One are beholden to a council who are perfectly happy to have NO senior football clubs in the borough which is just ridiculous. And the other had their ground stolen from them by Mole Valley and Leatherhead FC. Some of the other boroughs in Surrey don't know how lucky they are with their councils.

It is a well known trait of Hayden Birds Management style,that any Club he is involved with only has a 1st Team,so that the playing surface is in pristine condition,Do Merstham still have an U18 side?The upside of having him as Manager is that he does boost the Budget personally,so the Merstham Board have probably not lost a penny.Probably lost a few Fans though.It has happened at every Club he has Managed.

Big JR - the Bookham chairman told me about the £15k so straight from the horses mouth mate. maybe they owe even more than you thought?!

Smudge - were MVSCR not just renting the ground over at Fetcham, as Chessington Utd once did? If so it wasn't stolen from them mate was it?

I have a lot of sympathy for clubs trying to get planning etc for new grounds I just don't agree with forking out thousands to use someone else's ground to maintain your status. You can't do it to get promoted so why should you be allowed to stay up?

I've said it on here before and I will say it again,what a lot of you forget is as much as we all love football the powers that be i.e the councils (Surrey/Hampshire )don't,unfortunately in these 2 counties football comes a poor 4th in the sporting arena,Rugby Cricket and Golf are all given priority over our wonderfull game so stop being surprised by the councils decisions and get real.

Big JR - the Bookham chairman told me about the £15k so straight from the horses mouth mate. maybe they owe even more than you thought?!

Smudge - were MVSCR not just renting the ground over at Fetcham, as Chessington Utd once did? If so it wasn't stolen from them mate was it?

I have a lot of sympathy for clubs trying to get planning etc for new grounds I just don't agree with forking out thousands to use someone else's ground to maintain your status. You can't do it to get promoted so why should you be allowed to stay up?

As smudge says we were badly treated and we even done all the ground work to get the ground up to Prem standard.

We put in a stand, fenced the pitch, built a players walkway and done the club house up.

I don't want to go into it any further as it makes my blood boil.

As for not being able to get promoted from a groundshare clearly you haven't read the rules.

You cant groundshare to gain a promotion but after one full season of groundsharing you can then get promotion at that ground the following season onwards.

So it isnt a waste of time.

Frustin that's what I meant mate. You can't start a groundshare in order to go up that season. Having said that, I bet if the Prem or div 1 were short of numbers they'd take a team up that had just started a groundshare.

Edited by Powelly1