Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Relegation Battle

Hartley win tonight and Ash Utd don't win then Hartley are safe!!

Lots of permutations tonight.

Hoping to get to Dorking v Ash game tonight.

Wembley 40 13 7 20 44 58 46 -14

Chessington & Hook 39 12 8 19 57 88 44 -31

Colliers Wood United 40 14 1 25 81 93 43 -12

Hartley Wintney 39 13 2 24 69 98 41 -29

Ash United 40 11 7 22 68 88 40 -20

Dorking 39 10 4 25 56 94 34 -38

Sandhurst Town 39 10 2 27 56 99 32 -43

Edited by Chris Clapham

The biggest shame for me is the fact that its likely that the 3 clubs who get relegated have their own grounds and we have this ridiculous ground sharing thing,surely to god this has got to stop sooner rather than later,the money and time that clubs have invested in their grounds through sheer hard work and commitment should hold them in good stead above clubs who have sometimes wasted a small fortune in their endeavour to fast track senior football,I say to all the clubs who get relegated you are being badly treated by whoever makes this decision

Dorking and Sandhurst Town will finish the season as the  bottom 2.

Ash United v Bedfont Thursday. An Ash win would mean CWUFC need a point from their remaining two matches v Horley Town and Wembley (Friday and Wednesday) to avoid bottom three finish due to superior goal difference.

Hartley need 3 points from their last two games to be sure of avoiding a bottom 3 finish Guernsey away - Cove home.

The biggest shame for me is the fact that its likely that the 3 clubs who get relegated have their own grounds and we have this ridiculous ground sharing thing,surely to god this has got to stop sooner rather than later,the money and time that clubs have invested in their grounds through sheer hard work and commitment should hold them in good stead above clubs who have sometimes wasted a small fortune in their endeavour to fast track senior football,I say to all the clubs who get relegated you are being badly treated by whoever makes this decision

There are various different reasons why clubs have to groundshare and it's not always the clubs fault that they are put in that position.

You shouldn't tie all ground sharing clubs by the same brush. It's one thing selling your ground getting a nice payout and then sharing a ground throwing money about that will soon dry up. It's another thing all together if you are made homeless by another football club and your local council.

Based on how things are looking at present, it appears that two clubs will go up and Walton Casuals probably won't come down if there is another reprieve anywhere in the top four steps of football.

It looks like three will come up as surely Mole Valley will continue their good form and get the points they need, so how many will actually go down from the top flight?

If Walton Casuals do not drop, or if the FA don't transfer someone like Horley to the Sussex League (as a couple of Sussex clubs are now likely to go to Kent) then it looks like only one will go down.

So, all to play for between Sandhurst and Dorking still. Ash, Hartley and Wood, you can almost certainly relax now :)

Based on how things are looking at present, it appears that two clubs will go up and Walton Casuals probably won't come down if there is another reprieve anywhere in the top four steps of football.

It looks like three will come up as surely Mole Valley will continue their good form and get the points they need, so how many will actually go down from the top flight?

If Walton Casuals do not drop, or if the FA don't transfer someone like Horley to the Sussex League (as a couple of Sussex clubs are now likely to go to Kent) then it looks like only one will go down.

So, all to play for between Sandhurst and Dorking still. Ash, Hartley and Wood, you can almost certainly relax now  :)

Almost certainly, but we can't/wont!

There are various different reasons why clubs have to groundshare and it's not always the clubs fault that they are put in that position.

You shouldn't tie all ground sharing clubs by the same brush. It's one thing selling your ground getting a nice payout and then sharing a ground throwing money about that will soon dry up. It's another thing all together if you are made homeless by another football club and your local council.

not having it Frustin if the local council doesn't want to let you rent a facilitie then you have to drop out and start agaIn,why oh why can a club without a ground take precedence over those with their own grounds,Epsom have not had a ground for 20 years yes 20 years WTF is that all about you might expect 2 maybe 3 but 20 feck off,I wonder which other leagues allow this to happen,I suggest the teams that need to share a ground go into div 1 and cant be promoted unless they have their own place simple. 

not having it Frustin if the local council doesn't want to let you rent a facilitie then you have to drop out and start agaIn,why oh why can a club without a ground take precedence over those with their own grounds,Epsom have not had a ground for 20 years yes 20 years WTF is that all about you might expect 2 maybe 3 but 20 feck off,I wonder which other leagues allow this to happen,I suggest the teams that need to share a ground go into div 1 and cant be promoted unless they have their own place simple. 

Leagues have no choice Duncs. It allowed as part of the standardised FA rules that all Leagues Step 1-6 have to follow. 

Ok I can accept that GF and I know I keep asking questions but how long is deemed ethical,how much money have Epsom spent in 20 years there are teams in Div 1 who have bust a gut to improve their facilities ( not just the top 3 ) who are going through the correct channels to achieve top grade senior football and those who get relegated this season can watch as teams waste money trying to fasT track senior football,the FA  should put these clubs into junior football untill they gain the ground gradings required to move them up the leagues 

Ok I can accept that GF and I know I keep asking questions but how long is deemed ethical,how much money have Epsom spent in 20 years there are teams in Div 1 who have bust a gut to improve their facilities ( not just the top 3 ) who are going through the correct channels to achieve top grade senior football and those who get relegated this season can watch as teams waste money trying to fasT track senior football,the FA  should put these clubs into junior football untill they gain the ground gradings required to move them up the leagues 

I guess the answer is as long as teams are allowed to ground share under the rules then it is ethical and can be no limit. Finances being as they are there are likely to be more, not less ground share agreements in order to help Clubs survive. It's here to stay for sure - it just another change that needs embracing

Ok GF it seems you are missing the point on purpose.....did I not say I can understand a ground share for 2 or 3 seasons but not for 20 years,sorry I am being thick because your team is another of the sharers you must be nearly in double figures(10 years ) as well and again how much has your club spent on sharing,money that should of been put away and brought out to spend on a new ground.

Ok GF it seems you are missing the point on purpose.....did I not say I can understand a ground share for 2 or 3 seasons but not for 20 years,sorry I am being thick because your team is another of the sharers you must be nearly in double figures(10 years ) as well and again how much has your club spent on sharing,money that should of been put away and brought out to spend on a new ground.

You're far from being thick Duncs - you have a view on ground shares that some agree with but others don't.- I just don't share those views but fully respect your rights to air them. Finding/ buying / leasing / developing your own facilities can take a long time - hopefully in Badshot Lea's case they will have theirs within the next year or so but in the meantime if those that run the Club want to spend their money preserving their Clubs status by renting facilities from another Club, and are breaking no rules in doing so, then fine. Guernsey FC have launched a hugely successful project with a ground sharing arrangement which I'm sure won't be just a short-term arrangement. 

The money they spend is crazy. Bookham were paying Dorking £15k for last season. Let's say 20 home games last year meaning £750 a game then work on £5 to get in meaning they'd need 150 people through the gate to break even. Add to that no bar or food revenue and it's impossible to make that work. I think Bookham did the right thing and went home and play in the Elite. Although get this - apparently they have players dual registered with another homeless club in E&E! As I've said before these clubs should go down and play at a level where they can compete without having to share. The FA should sort it - not allow sharing for more than three years. If you're not getting a new ground in that time then you're never getting one. Alton are getting kicked out of the Bass ground but have arranged another year there in which time Anstey park will be made ready with 3G. That shows how quickly it can be sorted.