Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Macclesfield Town FC Gets New Owners - The Town's Residents!

More a case of local council taxpayers subsidising a failing football club. Morally wrong IMO, especially at a time when vital services are being cut to the bone and the vulnerable are suffering.

Cheshire East Council have said that front line services won't suffer, and that they are spending more on services, so if they can afford it without the local taxpayer suffering then surely that's no biggie? :s

Cheshire East Council have said that front line services won't suffer, and that they are spending more on services, so if they can afford it without the local taxpayer suffering then surely that's no biggie? :s

Err yes it is actually, this year alone Cheshire East council have announced a £21million cut in their budget,which will dramatically affect care for the elderly,cuts in waste management and highways,and increase in service costs. They have also announced they will make 1000 of its workforce redundant. 

As I said earlier, its morally wrong to expect council taxpayers facing whingeing cuts to vital services, and 1000 people facing unemployment to prop up a failing non league football club.

I wasn't aware of the £21 million budget cut, although I know that a lot of councils nationally are having to make them (I think that Gloucester's is between £35 and £40 million).

I wouldn't say that Macclesfield are failing - they have plans for a new stadium and at least the club is in good hands and not in the grasp of a tyrant or dodgy owner.

I wasn't aware of the £21 million budget cut, although I know that a lot of councils nationally are having to make them (I think that Gloucester's is between £35 and £40 million).

I wouldn't say that Macclesfield are failing - they have plans for a new stadium and at least the club is in good hands and not in the grasp of a tyrant or dodgy owner.

Of coarse Macclesfield is failing, and that's why they needed to be bailed out.  

There's lots of clubs with plans for new stadiums, including my own, but its a strong probability that most will never materialise because the clubs have little hope of finding the funding needed. .

Pretty much my feelings, EU, plus if it is community owned then it should be open to all.

Alan does make a good point about a lot of money being spent during hard financial times, but I am sure that the benefits will be seen over the years - especially if Macclesfield can develop a new ground and get back into the Football League.

On a side note, it really is shocking the number of ex league sides in trouble once they end up in the Conference!

Good luck to them, IF  they can make it work.

As I've said on her many times before, money is so tight in these current financial times, that anything to promote amateur (?) football must be for the good.

Good luck to them, IF  they can make it work.

As I've said on her many times before, money is so tight in these current financial times, that anything to promote amateur (?) football must be for the good.

Macclesfeild are not amateur, 

Archived