Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FAW Bars Barry Town & Llanelli AFC From The Welsh Football League

Total madness - they now have to start in PARKS football!

Yakkidda Rangers v Former Welsh League Champions & Once Held Aberdeen To A Draw In Europe.

Just not fair.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barry-town-united-afc-llanelli-4313728

I agree EU.

There was talk on the Hellenic Forum about them joining the Western or Hellenic League in the future.

I think they need to look to the English pyramid for their futures.  You can add Neath and a few other clubs who are looking at going 'over the border' like Taffs Well, Rhyl, Caernarfon and Rhayader.

I agree EU.

There was talk on the Hellenic Forum about them joining the Western or Hellenic League in the future.

I think they need to look to the English pyramid for their futures.  You can add Neath and a few other clubs who are looking at going 'over the border' like Taffs Well, Rhyl, Caernarfon and Rhayader.

Whats UKIPS policy on hordes of sheet shaggers invading Blighty Adam?

UKIP say let them in, on condition they bring Welsh cakes and Felinfoel Lager.

I'll let her know then Alan ;)

I don't mind Welsh cakes, although Bara Brith takes getting used to.

Certain parts of Jewish religion cover the woman with a sheet with a hole cut in it to enable them to do the nasty deed.........

Although in Birmingham, the 'glory hole' stands for something else!

(A place to hang one's coat and leave one's shoes!)

Update on this - a former FAW member has really torn into the organisation he used to work for:

Former FAW Board Member rips into “self-preservation” structure

Dylan Llewelyn Jones:

“My initial response was surprise that people were surprised at the FAW decision. They really are a rule unto themselves.

During 2010-11, I spent 12 frustrating months as an External Independent Board Member at the FAW only to resign when it became clear that governance best practice had no role to play at the organisation – well at Councillor level at least.

The Board was made up for around a dozen Councillors and two external members – I was one whilst the other was a partner at the FAW’s solicitors. So much for external and independent!

The guy who replaced me is in fact the Chairman of the Welsh Football Trust – more or less a charitable offshoot of the FAW.

External and independent indeed!

The Board’s decisions had to go to Council to be passed and the external members did not see those agendas or minutes.

Basically, we had no meaningful input as the system is geared to getting people up to Life Member status.

They play a hugely political game to survive to that status – promising, cajoling and paying back favours – yet once they are voted into a position where no-one can get rid of them, they continue to have a vote on all FAW matters.

They simply don’t have to give a f**k, so most of them don’t.

A suggestion that the FAW instigate an independent governance review “won’t happen on my watch” were the stubborn words of the previous President, who’s joined an ever-increasing cabal of life Councillors who wield power but are accountable to absolutely no-one.

They are part of the problem, but then you have those who yearn to reach this sense in infallibility who make calculated decisions that benefit some at the expense of the others.

President
Mr Trefor Lloyd-Hughes (1989)

Vice-Presidents
Mr David Griffiths (1992)
Mr David (Dai) Alun Jones (1994)

Honorary Treasurer
Mr K O’Connor (1998)

Life Vice-Presidents (and dates of tenure)
Mr T Forse (1966)
Mr J O Hughes (1973)
Mr T Evans MBE (1975)
Mr B Fear BEM (1977)
Mr D Shanklin (1978)
Mr P Rees (1982)
Mr Philip C Pritchard (1992)

Life Councillors
Mr I Williams (1987)
Mr R Waygood (1986)
Mr T V Harris (1988)
Mr C Whitley (1986)
Mr Ken Tucker (1989)

I resigned well over 18 months ago, but my name still appears on the website as a Board Member which in turn, is seen as a Standing Committee of the Council rather than the body tasked with running football in Wales.

It’s like wading through treacle wearing shoes made of lead, carrying two medicine balls and being blindfolded by people who are more concerned about what sandwiches were available for lunch, what freebies the kit men at the back of the offices might have for them and what was the level of insurance cover for the over 70′s on overseas visits.

Apologies for the rant – this issue just highlights why a body with almost as many Councillors as staff is doomed to self-preservation.

And ultimately failure.”

Secretive Cabals?  Unaccountable leaders who don't give a damn?  It's worse than the Bilderberg meetings I tell thee!

Serious note, I doubt that the English FA is much better than the Daffy-Taffy mob.

• 4 weeks later...

Update courtesy of Llanelli AFC's Facebook Page:

'We have to regrettably inform you that at today's FAW EGM scheduled to discuss our future, councillors voted (by a margin of 15-14) not to discuss the possibility of Barry Town United AFC and ourselves entering the Welsh League for the forthcoming season. 

We will attempt to keep you updated with further news as we receive it.'

Llanelli AFC are rumoured to have been offered a place in the Carmarthen & District League, whilst Barry have been told they would be accepted into the Cardiff & District League.

Still think it's a disgusting way to treat both sides.

It's gotten interesting - legal action...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23317164

It's gotten interesting - legal action...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23317164

Won't be cheap though.  More dosh for the 'legal-eagles'.

I well remember Dorking F.C. taking the 'local-authority'  to court !!

The FAW Chairman and President have resigned over this farce.

However, it looks like the FAW self preservation society will get their skates on and appoint two nodding dogs err... yes-men in their place.

People wonder why Wales have not been in the World Cup since 1958 as well!

• 3 weeks later...

Barry Town United have been told that they CAN play in the Welsh League for the coming season - in Division Three.

Great news for Barry Town United, and I am glad that it's one in the eye for the useless FAW.

Hopefully both Barry and Llanelli can return to the Welsh Premier League someday soon.

Archived