Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Not an easy FA Cup draw....

Home to Bishop's Cleeve in the preliminary round (a draw would mean a midweek replay on the outskirts of Cheltenham), with the winners away to Hampton and Richmond Borough in the first qualifying round.

PS - Drawn away to Egham Town in the preliminary round of the Trophy, winners then at home to Didcot Town or Cirencester Town.

PPS - Away to Berkhamsted in the first round of the FA Youth Cup.

I think it's quite an interesting draw in the FA Cup in that we get to meet a club we have never played before, with the local interest of a trip to Hampton if we manage to win.  Best not look at the past if we did get to play Hampton though, as in 13 attempts in all competitions we have only managed one win and that was in a friendly!

The Trophy match at Egham will definitely be tough as our ex-player Lee Passmore did a great job there last season as manager and I think they will be a very good side at Step 4 if they have kept the bulk of their promotion winning team.  We have done well overall in the Trophy though in recent seasons.  I would definitely predict a high scoring match one way or the other!

Archived