Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Welfare State

Oh the power of the propaganda drip fed on a daily basis by the Nasty Party and the right wing press. 

Unions have not had any major politically sway since Foot in the 80's, Blair put pay too that. They rarely strike, but they do represent millions of ordinary working and middle class people who are by no means militant. 

Thatcher also destroyed our manufacturing base believing we could survive on the Financial sector, you know, the ones who bought this country too its knees in 2008 when we had to bale them out to the tune of £450 BILLION! She also sold off all this countries assets, worst of all the Utllity companies, now foreign owned and who don't give a stuff about increasing our bills by way above inflation year in year out.

Benefit cheats should be targeted, no doubt, but the press have managed to vilify the welfare cheats who cost this country around 1 billion annually, when the real targets must surely be the corporations such as Starbuck and Amazon, and millionaire businessmen who have used clever accountants to offshore their profits, thus cheating UK PLC out of annually £100 BILLION of our money!

A small fraction of this money could help provide a real recovery and stop this catastrophic clown of a chancellor from sending this country close to financial ruin, but to some of the Numpty's on this forum, that will be the unions fault!

Edited by smellynuts

The problem I have with that Alan is that the money used to pay those workers has to come from somewhere - Are train drivers etc more deserving than nurses for example?

IMO nurses salaries should be at least on par with train drivers, but that is not the responsibility of the RMT or Bob Crow.  

Oh the power of the propaganda drip fed on a daily basis by the Nasty Party and the right wing press. 

Unions have not had any major politically sway since Foot in the 80's, Blair put pay too that. They rarely strike, but they do represent millions of ordinary working and middle class people who are by no means militant. 

Thatcher also destroyed our manufacturing base believing we could survive on the Financial sector, you know, the ones who bought this country too its knees in 2008 when we had to bale them out to the tune of £450 BILLION! She also sold off all this countries assets, worst of all the Utllity companies, now foreign owned and who don't give a stuff about increasing our bills by way above inflation year in year out.

Benefit cheats should be targeted, no doubt, but the press have managed to vilify the welfare cheats who cost this country around 1 billion annually, when the real targets must surely be the corporations such as Starbuck and Amazon, and millionaire businessmen who have used clever accountants to offshore their profits, thus cheating UK PLC out of annually £100 BILLION of our money!

A small fraction of this money could help provide a real recovery and stop this catastrophic clown of a chancellor from sending this country close to financial ruin, but to some of the Numpty's on this forum, that will be the unions fault!

Smudge............there is no way the above post is of your own making!

Smudge............there is no way the above post is of your own making!

Except...it was smellynuts posting....

Keep up ToryBoy2

BUFC, sadly yep, unfortunately I am the same as a plane spotter when it comes to politics, but I am defo not Smudge...think you mean Justin???

Adam you are a typical Tory,you mention go to any Council Estate and you will see more satellite dishes than in space.Suppose you have visited many of these areas recently.Most are now Privately owned dwellings after Maggies great Housing Sell Off as mentioned above.Can I ask you this question,do you agree with Overseas Aid,Trident,Iraq/Afghanistan Wars,Mass Immigration,Cutting Legal Aid.

Well my response would be

Overseas Aid, DEFINITELY NOT

Trident,  Undecided, but probably YES

Iraq/Afghanistan Wars,  The principal is right but the cost is becoming prohibitive.

Mass Immigration, DEFINITELY NOT

Cutting Legal Aid.  DEFINITELY NOT

I have had to spend the last eight months fighting H.M.G. (D.W.P), and A.T.O.S. in two court tribunals without any financial backing.  Our youngest daughter is now partially disabled due to a 'bodged'  spine operation and after 'Call me Dave's'  lot slashed her benefits, she's been having to survive on around £100 a week to support herself and her two teenage children who are both in full time education.

I won both tribunals, one in December last year and the last one being last Saturday afternoon in Sutton.

I'm now in the process of taking legal advice over suing the N.H.S., and I also have a serious complaint on-going against A.T.O.S....

So  P-L-E-A-S-E don't tell me that ALL benefit claimants are on the take !

(I did tell my daughter she should have changed her name by deed-poll to something like Patel or Ali Shazam !!  =  Problem solved  !!)

Edited by Big J R

Totally agree with your remarks re:- ATOS.in their eyes if you can breathe you can Work.The thing that makes me angry is that they totally ignore the persons Doctors Advice,that has known the Claimant for Years.Yet on Appeal the Tribunal has a Doctor present,so the question to him has to be 'Is my Doctor a liar' for giving me advice that in my best Interests I am uncapable of Working.They cannot answer that,CAN THEY.Yet this Government has put a lot of power into Doctors hands re budget,so they must Trust them surely.

An extremely good example of why legal aid shouldn't be cut. Totally agree with you on that one.

As for the others:

Trident - Not happy with having them but an independent deterrent is in theory a good idea. 2 subs rather than 4 however.

Wars:

Afganistan - Yes but should have pulled out of the country much quicker and then subsequently bomb any proven terrorist training camps.

Iraq: No. War was all about oil and has made Iran stronger in that region who are much more dangerous than Iraq ever was. Any WMD's found yet?

Mass immigration, depends on the skills the incoming people bring into the country - we have a skills shortage in many areas (IT for example) that we can't seem to deal with. We also have a moral responsibility to take in proven asylum seekers - as long as they then do not try to incite violence against the people of this country.

Overseas aid - We have to accept that we are a rich country despite the credit crunch - perhaps less aid as we seem to give more than a lot of other countries and more focussed.

Edited by cup of tea

I would rather overhaul education and properly educate our young people, in order that they are literate, numerate and can use a computer.

Why bring in people from abroad, when we can grow our own crops of bright and intelligent young people?

I would rather overhaul education and properly educate our young people, in order that they are literate, numerate and can use a computer.

Why bring in people from abroad, when we can grow our own crops of bright and intelligent young people?

We also need to help educate students from developing countries so those nations can have an equatable share of the worlds wealth, and hopefully in the future those countries can be valued friends and trading partners to the UK.

Allowing countries to remain poor and exploited by richer nation only serves to promote a rise in right wing nationalist political parties like the Nazis, (and UKIP) which inevitably ends in bloodshed. Its a principle that Winston Churchill fully understood, and that's why he fought tooth and nail for an economically strong Germany after WW2.

Edited by missunderstood

Agree with everything you say Alan - apart from UKIP who will get trounced at the next general election.

I would much prefer home grown talent in this country to fill the skills gap, but we're not prepared to put the investment into training and education - and until recently, universities did not work with enough with industry to give businesses the correct skills they require. That is changing now though. Apprenticeships are also important and we need to keep an eye of the quality of those as well.

Unfortunately, businesses are being affected now, so do you stop potential growth while waiting for the appropriate people to come through an improved system?

I don't think that UKIP will get trounced at the next election, Cup Of Tea, as they are making gains and gathering new members to the flock (just ask Alan about what's happened in Romford recently!)   Rod Richards has joined UKIP from the Tories and I suspect that some ex-Labour and Lib Dems will be moving over to UKIP shortly.

UKIP may be a protest vote, but their message and policies are proving ever more popular.  Labour, Conservatives and Liberal Democrats are all the same - whichever one of them gets elected, nothing will change (in fact, if Len McCluskey puts the boot into Ed Milliband and Ed Balls becomes the new Labour leader and Prime Minister, things will get worse).

My heart says UKIP win the next election, but what is more likely to happen is the Tories hold on but with a significantly reduced margin.  Labour won't get back in, and I can see UKIP getting votes in key areas and also in old industrial heart-lands who feel betrayed by the New Labour legacy.

If the Tories are to stay in, they should boot Call Me Dave out and elect David Davis as leader imho.

I don't think that UKIP will get trounced at the next election, Cup Of Tea, as they are making gains and gathering new members to the flock (just ask Alan about what's happened in Romford recently!)   Rod Richards has joined UKIP from the Tories and I suspect that some ex-Labour and Lib Dems will be moving over to UKIP shortly.

UKIP may be a protest vote, but their message and policies are proving ever more popular.  Labour, Conservatives and Liberal Democrats are all the same - whichever one of them gets elected, nothing will change (in fact, if Len McCluskey puts the boot into Ed Milliband and Ed Balls becomes the new Labour leader and Prime Minister, things will get worse).

My heart says UKIP win the next election, but what is more likely to happen is the Tories hold on but with a significantly reduced margin.  Labour won't get back in, and I can see UKIP getting votes in key areas and also in old industrial heart-lands who feel betrayed by the New Labour legacy.

If the Tories are to stay in, they should boot Call Me Dave out and elect David Davis as leader imho.

Actually three of Haverings Tory councillors have defected to UKIP this week, with possibly more to follow. All great fun watching the nasty party tearing themselves to peaces, although on a personal level the timing is a little inconvenient.